Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276484 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#705578 Aug 9, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Once again... Exactly the reason why baby formula and rectal thermometers are illegal in New York New York... They cause to much brain damage...
-
It's the culture...
Once again........ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz .

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Vuvuzela 10 hours
How long can you blow me?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#705579 Aug 9, 2012
361,000 NEW faces on the unemployment line ... remember da Bammy in November ... 89 days until the election.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#705580 Aug 9, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi-Ya Da-Vey ... you stupid fck.
Try directing your stupid statement at the unions like the PSEA that look out only for themselves through mounting greed heaped upon greed. They are the same people who keep the word mediocrity on the forefront of American education by protecting the inept "teachers" and making sure politics is the standard for employment.
Hey, Da-Vey, I don't use public swimming pools, public telephones, or public schools ... they're too public.
LOL
The union only guarantees a union member a fair hearing.

I impression of public transportation cleanliness just went up a notch.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

ny ny

#705581 Aug 9, 2012
First-time claims for state unemployment benefits fell unexpectedly in the latest week, the Labor Department reported Thursday. The number of initial claims in the week ending Aug. 4 fell 6,000 to 361,000. The consensus forecast of Wall Street economists was for claims to rise 5,000 to 370,000.

Initial unemployment claims going back to the beginning of 2007.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jobless-clai...

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/ui/eta...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Boner

United States

#705582 Aug 9, 2012
Homer wrote:
Day 2 of Not Responding to Rightwingers Until Romney Releases His Tax Returns (NRRURRHTR) begins.
Nobody cares Boner. We care about the 23.5 MILLION people out of work who respresent 15% or the worforce that is unemployed or underemployed.

The distractions from the left like this are not the issue.

It's the economy STUPID!

New Bloomfield, PA

#705583 Aug 9, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say we were losing 750k jobs per month.... you did.
Stop trying to put words in my mouth.
The rate of unemployment hasn't dropped down below 8%at any time under the Obama administration.(Something the stimulus bill was supposed to accomplish)
My post wasn't about what I know or don't know about Romney. It was what I do know about Obama.
You have no clue what do or don't know about Romney so therefore aren't entitled to comment about that.
Nothing you said disqualifies anything I said about the Obama campaign in my original post. Obama HAS to attack Romney, because he certainly cannot go to the American people and say look at all of the great things I did while in office.
You really don't know we lost 750,000 jobs in January pf 2009?

No wonder your posts are so lame.

Evidently do also don't know squat about Obama.

Take a break from topix & get better informed. You are embarrassing yourself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Science Hill, KY

#705584 Aug 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
See, even you think Romney had years where he paid no income taxes.
Funny how the 47% who did not pay any federal income taxes are called worthless scum moochers by you righties but with Romney, its just peachy.
No, I don't Davey.

I just understand how the REAL world works sometimes, AND I am NOT consumed by VILE greed and/or WRETCHED envy of what OTHERS have worked and EARNED.

Did you ever at least TRY and divide the ONLY required tax return to be shown, by ten yet?

Pull the log of stupid ignorance out of your eyeballs, and try it.

You might actually learn something worth knowing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

ny ny

#705585 Aug 9, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>A liar, a thief or a libtard would never back down revealing his delusional deranged anonymous told him soldout source fraud.
-
Lets just hope Mitt does not release more tax returns..
-
Let "Hara Kiri Seppuku" keep and sit in shit on his self-made hot seat in pain and suffer... The liar Reid reveal his delusional deranged anonymous told him source fraud.
-
Harry Reid very well be the 2 keywords that will destroy obama's chances of never getting re-elected...
-
Redundancy is fun!!!!! After all RealDave and the Yepperz inmates are still running the asylums... and still with No Hope and No Change...
-
It's the culture...
Translation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#705586 Aug 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why BLS numbers are seasonally adjusted. So dumbasses like Gramps don't run screaming through the streets because of naturally occurring job fluctuations.
Seasonal adjustments seem more severe these days. Must be that Global Warming effecting them.

Same two month periods, June and July, during Bush years, 2001 thru 2008, also seasonally adjusted:

Average Labor Force:+216,000
Average Employment:+140,000
Average No longer in labor force:+12,000

Obama numbers for June and July, better known as the "Recovery Summer" periods, for years 2009-2012:

Average Labor force:-262,000
Average Employment:-360,000
Average No longer in labor force:+866,000

Note, if you kick enough people out of the labor force each month you can manipulate the unemployment rate lower.

During the Bush years the civilian labor force grew an average of 122,510 per month. During the Obama years it only grew an average of 31,634 per month. There are 3,725,916 USA workers missing! Alien abductions?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Science Hill, KY

#705587 Aug 9, 2012
Homer wrote:
Day 2 of Not Responding to Rightwingers Until Romney Releases His Tax Returns (NRRURRHTR) begins.
You-go sit next to Duh A Vey, in the "get a clue" section.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#705588 Aug 9, 2012
Homer wrote:
OMG what an idiot!!! Do you really think the Rightwingers give a rat's ass if you EVER respond or not? Yeah, I'm sure they are all up in arms about wanting Romney to release his tax returns just to get o'l Homer back into the conversation!!! How funny is that?!!!! If it were only that simple to get the rest of the progressive nutjobs to STFU!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RealStupid

United States

#705589 Aug 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the 47% who did not pay any federal income taxes are called worthless scum moochers by you righties but with Romney, its just peachy.
You are speculating, moron.

What abou GE and Obama's jobs czar CEO Jeffry Immelt who PAID ZERO taxes that we are 100% sure about.

No comment about that CORPORATION?

Yeah, thought so azzwhole.
TheIndependentMa jority

Science Hill, KY

#705590 Aug 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
And Shame on YOU for lemmingly lumping and labeling-you herd pack, bootlicking bobblehead.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#705591 Aug 9, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Parallels in History"
In the mid 14th century when the bubonic plague was approaching Europe the people locked their doors and stayed hidden in their homes. 70% of GDP was driven by consumer purchasing. Many merchants were forced to layoff their workers amd close their businesses due to poor sales. GDP shrank 8.9% in the three months before the "Black Death" arrived.
Little early to be hittin' the hash pipe idn't it Grampy?

Oh well, guess retirement will do that to some folks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#705592 Aug 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The union only guarantees a union member a fair hearing.
I impression of public transportation cleanliness just went up a notch.
... stay in your public sewer, stupid fck.

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lepperz

United States

#705593 Aug 9, 2012
yepperz wrote:
First-time claims for state unemployment benefits fell unexpectedly in the latest week, the Labor Department reported Thursday. The number of initial claims in the week ending Aug. 4 fell 6,000 to 361,000. The consensus forecast of Wall Street economists was for claims to rise 5,000 to 370,000.
Initial unemployment claims going back to the beginning of 2007.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jobless-clai...
http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/ui/eta...
I'm sure that's a great consolation to all the people who are still unemployed and lost their homes.

How out of touch can you be, libtard?

How's your hopey, changey thing going?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

New Bloomfield, PA

#705594 Aug 9, 2012
Romney might not release his VP pick until the time slot for him/her to speak at the convention.

We all know it's Portman. Bush's budget director. Great choice , Mitt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#705595 Aug 9, 2012
Homer wrote:
Since I am not responding to rightwingers at this particular time will someone please inform Jane that the NY Daily News will rot your brain and url's which contain 'opinion' in them should not be construed as fact.
opinion does not = fact
none of you Obamabots would have minded when the NY Daily News was endorsing Obama in 2008. by early 2008, the editors changed their minds when they saw what real rot was.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RealStupid

United States

#705597 Aug 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Romney might not release his VP pick until the time slot for him/her to speak at the convention.
We all know it's Portman. Bush's budget director. Great choice , Mitt.
Twidlee Dee, twidlee dumb.
Realtime

Clermont, FL

#705598 Aug 9, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the latest Obama ad that reaches a whole new low?
Romney is being accused for the death of someone's wife because one of Bain's investment businesses closed down and she lost her health insurance.
Of course, the woman died 5 years after the company closed down and had been working another job for those 5 years with health insurance coverage and died after battling cancer.
Even the liberal media badgered Gibbs about this grossly false and misleading ad.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-574890...
That's not an Obama ad Carol it was produced and is being paid for by a PAC called Priorities USA. You will be seeing more of that sort of ugliness from PAC's on both sides of politics.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 5 min Lawrence Wolf 256
News Ted Cruz Praises Donald Trump, Holds Fire on Bo... 5 min Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Poll: Carson & Trump Tied 16 min Yawn 1
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 16 min deez nutz 23
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 37 min kuda 290
News Possible Biden bid for White House faces rough ... 42 min establishmententi... 11
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,899
More from around the web