Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1549439 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#651910 May 27, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't, that's the whole point!
They're lying and you're believing them.
That's my raison d'Ítre.
Which republicans have publicly stated they want to spread the wealth around?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#651911 May 27, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I know?
Meghan McCain: Cut It Out, Internet Bullies!
After Meghan McCain spoke out on TV about the GOPís extremists, Twitter and the blogosphere blew up with personal attacks. What will it take to stop name-calling and focus on the issues?
"Instead of ignoring the hate projected at me, I elected to retweet some of the most vile responses. I wanted to show people what happens to me when I go on TV and voice my opinion. The Internet trolls werenít interested in having a discussion about my opinion; they just wanted to eviscerate me. Hereís a watered-down version of some of the most hateful comments:
I am fat pig. I am ugly. I am disgusting. I am an embarrassment to my family, and they should be ashamed of me. I am an anti-American extremist. I am a clueless whore. I should drink a bottle of alcohol and pills and kill myself.
Thatís only a small sampling, but you get the idea. You would think that by now, having gone through a presidential election with my father in 2008, I would be numb to this kind of name-calling. But Iím not. It hurts, it rattles me, it (understandably) concerns my mother, and it keeps me up at night. In a single day, Dan Abramsís Mediaite found it necessary to post two full columns about me, questioning my career and suggesting Iím a problem for the Republican Party. By the way, each of the ďcolumnistsĒ behind these posts also vomited up a series of nasty Twitter posts following their columns. And they are supposed to be professionals.
Of all the blog posts Iíve seen in the last few days, my favorite headline is that I ďslammed Andrew Breitbart as a hateful extremist.Ē I did not. It doesnít matter what I actually said on television. All that matters is that Andrew Breitbartís name came out of my mouth and I didnít applaud him. His followers and the rest of the right-wing blogosphere saw bloodóand went on the attack."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05...
What I do know is that every time a conservative tells the truth about today's GOP the quasi-journalists prove just how far away the truth is in the world of the New conservative journalist.
I like Meghan McCain and applaud her guts.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#651912 May 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who calls themselves "yani" ought not to point fingers.
Eisenhower kept the economy going strong and created jobs.
We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto...I mean, yani.
Why did you say that about the name Yani?

We talked about this the other day. Look at the tax rates
carol

Orlando, FL

#651913 May 27, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>These are his exact words, spoken to Joe the Plumber, whose name wasn't Joe, who wasn't a plumber, who hadn't paid his taxes or his child support: Obama said, "My attitude is that if the economyís good for folks from the bottom up, itís gonna be good for everybody. If youíve got a plumbing business, youíre gonna be better off if youíre gonna be better off if youíve got a whole bunch of customers who can afford to hire you, and right now everybodyís so pinched that business is bad for everybody and I think when you spread the wealth around, itís good for everybody."
Surely you can understand this?
The irony, of course, is Obama had no intention of putting the economy as a priority and the economy is still struggling as a result. He had Obamacare on his mind.
leos_doo_du_goes 2_MIT

Blanchard, OK

#651914 May 27, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>These are his exact words, spoken to Joe the Plumber, whose name wasn't Joe, who wasn't a plumber, who hadn't paid his taxes or his child support: Obama said, "My attitude is that if the economyís good for folks from the bottom up, itís gonna be good for everybody. If youíve got a plumbing business, youíre gonna be better off if youíre gonna be better off if youíve got a whole bunch of customers who can afford to hire you, and right now everybodyís so pinched that business is bad for everybody and I think when you spread the wealth around, itís good for everybody."
Surely you can understand this?
What charities do you support?

How much of your retirement pension is in Ponzi schemes?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#651915 May 27, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>He took a later flight?
I just remembered that you're probably too young to know who he was!! He was everyones dreamboat guy back in the day!!
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651916 May 27, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Wanna' spread the wealth around? I got ten bucks says she never gets it...
She's already regressed to picking on my internet moniker.
I've got a five spot that says she's gritting her dentures.
;p
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#651917 May 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats extended the Patriot Act. You're starting to disappoint me as a worthy opponent.
Will Romney repeal it?
carol

Orlando, FL

#651918 May 27, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I said non-tax, Carol. Just how does he get your money without taxing you?
He clearly has the intention of taking from the rich and giving to the poor. How he intends to do that is not what's important.

Robin Hood was a nice story, but Obama is the president and, constitutionally, as part of the executive branch of the federal government, he has limited powers.
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651919 May 27, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause this is a post anyone should take seriously
" You sure ask a lot of gay questions. Just tie the knot already. Nobody really cares what you do."
Stupid fck.
I know you are but what am I?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#651920 May 27, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she a liberal?
I asked first.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651921 May 27, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you say that about the name Yani?
We talked about this the other day. Look at the tax rates
Because his insults were starting to annoy me. No other reason.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#651922 May 27, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I said non-tax, Carol. Just how does he get your money without taxing you?
Crank up the printing presses.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651923 May 27, 2012
Yani wrote:
<quoted text>
She's already regressed to picking on my internet moniker.
I've got a five spot that says she's gritting her dentures.
;p
Dentures...that's funny...especially since I'm supposedly a teenager.
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651924 May 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He clearly has the intention of taking from the rich and giving to the poor. How he intends to do that is not what's important.
Robin Hood was a nice story, but Obama is the president and, constitutionally, as part of the executive branch of the federal government, he has limited powers.
Are you a religious person, Carol?
If you are, pray God gives you some brains in your dying years. Nobody should have to suffer an entire life of stupidity like you have.
It's just not right.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#651925 May 27, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Eman"
"leosampleanus" is unsure of the father so she has to let all the guys know. Maybe the father will own up to the fact he had a lapse in judgement and slept with her. That is pretty personal and would take some guts.
Peace
Is this necessary? You should be ashamed of yourself.
leos_doo_du_goes 2_MIT

Blanchard, OK

#651926 May 27, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Wanna' spread the wealth around? I got ten bucks says she never gets it...
That ten bucks was created by a Capitalist in a Hedge fund...
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651927 May 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Because his insults were starting to annoy me. No other reason.
You tried to insult my moniker because you're too stupid to reply to my posts.
Let's keep it honest, Carol.
Yani

Jamestown, NY

#651928 May 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Dentures...that's funny...especially since I'm supposedly a teenager.
You corrected me on that, remember? About five posts back. I've no choice to accept you're old and dumb.

Now, how about Eisenhower? Can you tell me how he kept America in the green?
yani_smelt_a_hin ey

Blanchard, OK

#651929 May 27, 2012
Yani wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a religious person, Carol?
If you are, pray God gives you some brains in your dying years. Nobody should have to suffer an entire life of stupidity like you have.
It's just not right.
My hairy friend taught me this bit of advice:

Stinky, sniffing poo-poo, and liberal is no way to go through life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min Ms Sassy 7,795
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 241,670
News Jeronimo Yanez, Minnesota officer in Philando C... 5 hr lighterthanyou 47
News GOP at war with itself (Mar '16) 5 hr Tm Cln 3,902
News Manchin on GOP health bill: 'Why does it have t... 6 hr Ms Sassy 13
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 6 hr bad bob 1,269
News Maine needs leadership, not acrimony, to pass a... 8 hr longtail 1
More from around the web