GOP Finds Little to Like in Obama's I...

GOP Finds Little to Like in Obama's Inaugural Address

There are 177 comments on the Roll Call story from Jan 21, 2013, titled GOP Finds Little to Like in Obama's Inaugural Address. In it, Roll Call reports that:

Enjoying Inauguration Day, from left, Nancy Pelosi and husband, Paul, Eric Cantor and wife, Diana, John A. Boehner and wife, Debbie, participate in the presidential review of the troops.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roll Call.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#163 Feb 1, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think you could give me one example of FOX making up lies.
You wind bag. Go blow. Stop running your mouth.
Here is one example of thousands:

On the April 19th, 2012 edition of Fox and Friends, Steve Doocy deliberately misquoted a statement made by President Obama during a speech he gave on the previous day. While interviewing Gov. Mitt Romney, Doocy claimed the president had said,“Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth,” which gave the distinct impression that he had been referring to Romney. Romney immediately pounced on the intentional misstatement as if the president had been talking about him.
The Truth
The president never used the words,“Unlike some people,” when he made his statement. His exact words were,“Somebody gave me an education. I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn’t. But somebody gave us a chance — just like these folks up here are looking for a chance.” White House spokesman Jay Carney would later say the remark had nothing to do with Romney. In fact, long before Romney announced his candidacy for president, Obama made a similar statement during a speech in March of 2009.“None of us were born with a silver spoon in our mouths — but we got a great education. And if we combine additional resources with a commitment to reform, then I think we can deliver that for every American child,” he said back then.(source: Fox News Lies reader MT)

OK, now let's see if you can provide a single example of Fox News telling the truth.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#164 Feb 1, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is one example of thousands:
On the April 19th, 2012 edition of Fox and Friends, Steve Doocy deliberately misquoted a statement made by President Obama during a speech he gave on the previous day. While interviewing Gov. Mitt Romney, Doocy claimed the president had said,“Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth,” which gave the distinct impression that he had been referring to Romney. Romney immediately pounced on the intentional misstatement as if the president had been talking about him.
The Truth
The president never used the words,“Unlike some people,” when he made his statement. His exact words were,“Somebody gave me an education. I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn’t. But somebody gave us a chance — just like these folks up here are looking for a chance.” White House spokesman Jay Carney would later say the remark had nothing to do with Romney. In fact, long before Romney announced his candidacy for president, Obama made a similar statement during a speech in March of 2009.“None of us were born with a silver spoon in our mouths — but we got a great education. And if we combine additional resources with a commitment to reform, then I think we can deliver that for every American child,” he said back then.(source: Fox News Lies reader MT)
OK, now let's see if you can provide a single example of Fox News telling the truth.
How old are you? Thats all you got? Thats some big lie. He later corrected his mistake. For all you Liberal winers.
Billy Ringo

United States

#165 Feb 4, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think you could give me one example of FOX making up lies.
You wind bag. Go blow. Stop running your mouth.
Just one?

http://foxnewslies.net/
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#166 Feb 4, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one?
fux ratings are down, but their stupid is up.

hahahahahahahahaha
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#167 Feb 4, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you? Thats all you got? Thats some big lie. He later corrected his mistake. For all you Liberal winers.
Lets see. You asked for an example of lying by Fox News and I provided one example from the thousands available. I asked you for one example of where they told the truth and you couldn't come up with even one example. I am not surprised.

If you want to see thousands of other examples because for some reason this was not quite what you wanted, you can easily look it up. What you can't find is an example of Fox News telling the truth.

So much for your source of information.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#168 Feb 4, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see. You asked for an example of lying by Fox News and I provided one example from the thousands available. I asked you for one example of where they told the truth and you couldn't come up with even one example. I am not surprised.
If you want to see thousands of other examples because for some reason this was not quite what you wanted, you can easily look it up. What you can't find is an example of Fox News telling the truth.
So much for your source of information.
What is this fixation against FOX news?
NBC has lied through their pearlie white capped teeth, and about some some potentially troublesome things, like editing tapes in the Trayvon Martin case, which could have caused HUGE problems, and lying about Shrub's military service in order to try and sway an election, just to name a couple of things.
Which begs the question...what's so different about FOX? Or is it only okay when the left does these things??
Hypocrite much?
Billy Ringo

Chicago, IL

#169 Feb 5, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
fux ratings are down, but their stupid is up.
hahahahahahahahaha
And, you can't fix stupid.
Don Joe

Chippewa Falls, WI

#170 Feb 5, 2013
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this fixation against FOX news?
NBC has lied through their pearlie white capped teeth, and about some some potentially troublesome things, like editing tapes in the Trayvon Martin case, which could have caused HUGE problems, and lying about Shrub's military service in order to try and sway an election, just to name a couple of things.
Which begs the question...what's so different about FOX? Or is it only okay when the left does these things??
Hypocrite much?
Now you are starting to get it. The media is lying to you. All of them. That Fox does it more than the rest is beside the point. You need to find out for yourself what is going on. When the media glosses over the Pat Act for bush, then glosses over the extension of the Pat Act by Obama it becomes hard to see the difference between the two. The media is being used to divide us. They are being used to keep us in ignorance.

Many see the results of the bush administration (massive spending, gigantic increase in the size of government) and claim he was a moderate; or a bit too liberal for the good of the nation. He was in no way liberal, he was a criminal. Perhaps he wasn't conservative either. You can say the same about Obama. He is not a liberal, perhaps he is not a conservative either. You don't like what bush did to the nation, and I don't like what Obama is doing to the nation. The middle class is dying and the only stimulus they can think of is to give a great many billions to the very rich. That increases the debt, but is not a stimulus to the nation.

These things are not reported in the media. Instead they focus on questions, not reporting.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#171 Feb 5, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one?
Oh no theres a whole website about all of Fox News lies. Well then it must be true. Yeah right according to who? Obviously you don't know the difference between commentators and actual news casters.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#172 Feb 5, 2013
Speaking of stupid. Look at this video of questions being asked to Obama supporters. Talk about ignorant.

Billy Ringo

United States

#173 Feb 5, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no theres a whole website about all of Fox News lies. Well then it must be true. Yeah right according to who? Obviously you don't know the difference between commentators and actual news casters.
This one is a real pisser .......

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/fox-...

As Piyush has said - you have to stop being the Stupid Party.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#174 Feb 5, 2013
The American public found little to like in
the Republican pro-rape election platform.
Or was it the lack of any platform, anything
coherent? Hmmmmm....

Anyhow, Obama won and they lost.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#175 Feb 5, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one?
From your web site.

The Lie? On the February 20th, 2012 edition of the Fox News show Hannity, Fox News contributor Karl Rove (R-Fox News), repeated the falsehood that President Obama gave a ($2 billion) loan to Brazil’s national oil company – Petrobras. According to Rove,“The president even gave a loan to Brazil. Why do they need our money, they’ve got plenty of their own.” Rove’s straight-faced assertions, as it turns out, were really bald-faced lies.

The Truth According to FactCheck.org , the loan to Petrobras, was approved by members of the Bush administration (three Republicans and two Democrats) who were on the board of directors of the U.S. Export-Import Bank. There were no Obama appointees involved with the vote. Additionally, it has also been implied that American tax dollars would be used to make the loan. That, too, is not true. What makes these lies even more egregious is the fact that they have all been refuted since 2009.
(sources: mediamatters.org and FactCheck.org )

Really?

We will help Brazil develop its offshore oil so we can one day import it.

We have noted this double standard before, particularly when — at a time when the president was railing against tax incentives for U.S. oil companies — we supported the U.S. Export-Import Bank's plan to lend $2 billion to Brazil's state-run Petrobras with the promise of more to follow.

Now, with a seven-year offshore drilling ban in effect off of both coasts, on Alaska's continental shelf and in much of the Gulf of Mexico — and a de facto moratorium covering the rest — Obama tells the Brazilians:

"We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you're ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers."

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0321...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
gossamer

Warren, MI

#176 Feb 5, 2013
Foxnewslies.net lies about fox new lying.

Hahahaha.

Poor little liberal cry babies. Waaa.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#177 Feb 5, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are starting to get it. The media is lying to you. All of them. That Fox does it more than the rest is beside the point. You need to find out for yourself what is going on. When the media glosses over the Pat Act for bush, then glosses over the extension of the Pat Act by Obama it becomes hard to see the difference between the two. The media is being used to divide us. They are being used to keep us in ignorance.
Many see the results of the bush administration (massive spending, gigantic increase in the size of government) and claim he was a moderate; or a bit too liberal for the good of the nation. He was in no way liberal, he was a criminal. Perhaps he wasn't conservative either. You can say the same about Obama. He is not a liberal, perhaps he is not a conservative either. You don't like what bush did to the nation, and I don't like what Obama is doing to the nation. The middle class is dying and the only stimulus they can think of is to give a great many billions to the very rich. That increases the debt, but is not a stimulus to the nation.
These things are not reported in the media. Instead they focus on questions, not reporting.
You aren't telling me anything I don't already know. The MSM...all of them, are liars and all of them have an agenda. Journalism is dead. It's been replaced by activism, sensationalism and the rush to get scoop first.
I'm party affiliated, but I'm not blind. I don't like being lied to, no matter whose doing the lying. I don't like people trying to fool me or steer me with misinformation, but what really discourages me is how many people are willing to be fooled, who react to the latest soundbite without investigating it and worst of all, people who won't admit when they've been fooled.
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled." -Mark Twain
What I don't understand is why FOX is so reviled by a lot of people when ALL the major news outlets are doing the same thing.
Truman

Boise, ID

#178 Feb 10, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are describing ALL the mainstream media to a T. They choose flattering pictures for the left and nasty pictures of the right. They report good things about the left and bad things about the right.
They report spin. They do not report facts without those facts being spun in a liberal direction. They report no facts favorable to the right.
If you think Fox does those things and mainstream media does not, then you must be both blind and deaf to what you are seeing and hearing from the left.
The msm does NOT tell us how wonderful Obama is? Maybe not in so many words -- but every story that includes him shows a flattering picture of him, spins the facts to make it appear that the right is always wrong and the left is always right. Not in blatant words, but in subtle phrasing and with multiple meanings.
So much of what Obama says has a variety of possible interpretations. "It's for the children" can really mean it's better for the left or will require more government. Yet the msm won't interpret anything he says in any way other than how it benefits the left. They report what they want to hear, whether the statement could have meant something different or not.
It's Obamaspeak -- there could be multiple meanings, but the left only hears what they want to hear, not what he could really mean.
Fox would report what those multiple meanings could be and the left doesn't want to hear it.
You say the other side would do something wrong and they would report it but it would be ok if their side did it? How about Bush's spending? It was bad for him but ok for Obama to do more and more and more??? It was "unpatriotic" according to Obama, to add to the deficit, yet ok when he did it? Where's the media holding him to task on all his failed political promises? You can bet your sweet --- that they would have been all over a republican president who made those statements and promises yet delivered no more than Obama did on his.
The msm gives Obama a pass on whatever he wants to do, and he knows it. The left will villify Fox for him, so he doesn't have to. And the left lap it all up like a thirsty puppy.
The Right doesnt need the Media's help in portraying themselves in an unflattering and repellant manner.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#179 Feb 10, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
This one is a real pisser .......
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/fox-...
As Piyush has said - you have to stop being the Stupid Party.
It's obvious to me that the mistake was deliberate. An Obama supporter working for Fox news. Imagine that? Again Liberals can't think past their nose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,250,981
News Charleston church shooting coverage criticized ... 10 min Spaulding Smails 418
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 14 min Black Famous 2,089
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 14 min Memo From Turner 41
News Former Sen. Jim Webb Announces Run For Democrat... 14 min Miss Id 2
News The Republicans "Deep Bench". 19 min Miss Id 1
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 20 min Miss Id 729
More from around the web