NAACP renews push to have an African-...

NAACP renews push to have an African-American federal judge in NC eastern district

There are 7 comments on the News Observer story from Mar 29, 2013, titled NAACP renews push to have an African-American federal judge in NC eastern district. In it, News Observer reports that:

31, 2005. His change in status left a vacancy on the bench in the federal Eastern District of North Carolina, a 44-county region that spans from Raleigh to the coast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#2 Mar 31, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
As Ronald Reagan once said,"here we go again"!
Ok, a Black judge gets appointed then what?
Is he supposed to "cut some slack" when a Black offender appears before him?
The NAACP is digging it's own grave, and don't know it. Young people barely pay any attention to them any more.
People are not that interested in race anymore, they just want a person that's fair,balanced, and honest.
the only people that are not interested in race are DEAD.

your people don't know what is fair, balanced and honest... never did, why you think there were civil rights legislation, etc.. put in place over the decades?

we demand (just like yourself) fair representation in every aspect of america life..and that includes court benches.

“racists are funny”

Since: Mar 11

Columbus Ohio

#4 Mar 31, 2013
_0h-Rea11y_ wrote:
Wait....WHAT?
The naacp demands the appointment of a judge,
... based SOLELY on the color of his skin?
Flashback...to the Snivel Rights Moment:
"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Boy, THOSE were the "good old days",...ehh?
could be a lot worse could be retards like these
Clarence Thomas
Antonin Scalia
John G. Roberts Jr

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#5 Mar 31, 2013
_0h-Rea11y_ wrote:
Wait....WHAT?
The naacp demands the appointment of a judge,
... based SOLELY on the color of his skin?
Flashback...to the Snivel Rights Moment:
"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Boy, THOSE were the "good old days",...ehh?
their demand for a blk judge is based on PRINCIPLE. something you may not be to familiar with.

“Sexy & Independent”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6 Apr 1, 2013
We need more people of color in these positions. I support it.
Minority of one

West Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 1, 2013
dragonpat wrote:
<quoted text>
the only people that are not interested in race are DEAD.
your people don't know what is fair, balanced and honest... never did, why you think there were civil rights legislation, etc.. put in place over the decades?
we demand (just like yourself) fair representation in every aspect of america life..and that includes court benches.
Get in line behind NATIVE Americans or get on the boat back to Africa.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 2, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
Well, if that the game that some blacks want to play, lets make sure it applies to basketball and football too. Whites need more representation on the field and court!Blacks should only be 13 percent of all sport players!
LOL' then those sports would be boring, and nobody would watch the games.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Apr 2, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
Well, if that the game that some blacks want to play, lets make sure it applies to basketball and football too. Whites need more representation on the field and court!Blacks should only be 13 percent of all sport players!
basketball especially, players with a better bone structure that can do a jump shot without breaking their leg in half.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min smile n wave 1,620,664
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bongo 37,147
News Dreamers Plead With Lawmakers To Follow Through... 5 min spytheweb 12
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 45 min Retribution 357
News Republicans ram $4 trillion budget bill through... 57 min Retribution 47
News Bobby Harrison: Presley could be hope for Democ... 59 min Shartotics 6
News Democrats Drop Congeniality as They Fire Away a... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 66
More from around the web