Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race?

Jun 17, 2014 Full story: politix.topix.com 298

Brownback's voo doo tax scheme, return of appointing appellate judges based on patronage, his mishandling of Kansas education, and the impact on the poor from bad decisions on KanCare and the refusal to expand Medicaid is just too much.

Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1 Jun 17, 2014
Looks like the race is heating up. Cast your vote here:

http://politix.topix.com/debate/12271-who-do-...
rock bottom

United States

#2 Jun 17, 2014
The worst governor in Kansas history must go.He has turned a great state into a national laughingstock and a cautionary example of how a plutocracy hurts the average resident. You can't govern based on twisted biblical interpretations and Tea Party ideology while serving your masters , the Koch brothers. I find myself feeling sympathetic to newly reelected President Santo of Colombia because of his striking resemblance to Brownback.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Billy Bob

Wellsville, KS

#3 Jun 17, 2014
I thought the worst governor went to Obama's cabinet. Last good governor was Docking
Billy Bob

Wellsville, KS

#4 Jun 17, 2014
The problem is we either get candidates from the Obamaites or the Tea drinkers. Where have the middle of the road candidates gone? Maybe I should run!
No More Jesus Freaks

Coffeyville, KS

#5 Jun 17, 2014
i seen the paper, kansas had a tax shortfall of $310 million. brownback is an idiot and wrecked the state.
one candidate

Junction City, KS

#6 Jun 17, 2014
Billy Bob wrote:
The problem is we either get candidates from the Obamaites or the Tea drinkers. Where have the middle of the road candidates gone? Maybe I should run!
Paul Davis is pretty much down the center - one look at his voting record will back that up!
The media isn't giving Winn much time, not quite sure I would trust her ability, but it would be nice if she could give SB a run for his money.
Ahhh no

Independence, KS

#7 Jun 17, 2014
rock bottom wrote:
The worst governor in Kansas history must go.He has turned a great state into a national laughingstock and a cautionary example of how a plutocracy hurts the average resident. You can't govern based on twisted biblical interpretations and Tea Party ideology while serving your masters , the Koch brothers. I find myself feeling sympathetic to newly reelected President Santo of Colombia because of his striking resemblance to Brownback.
Sebelius was hands down the worst governor in Kansas. Im doing fine and have been since Sam got the office. Of course I work and have the ability to think. Im guessing you dont.
Well that is indicative of your post so
one candidate

Junction City, KS

#8 Jun 17, 2014
Ahhh no wrote:
<quoted text>
Sebelius was hands down the worst governor in Kansas. Im doing fine and have been since Sam got the office. Of course I work and have the ability to think. Im guessing you dont.
What did Sebelius do that would make you define her as "the worst Governor in Kansas?"
I imagine there are probably many people who are not feeling the effects of Brownbacks, but those who are property owners, associated with small business, associated in any way with any level of school, the judicial system, the arts, emergency services, outdoor industry, medical field, anyone with medical needs, or the construction industry (I'm sure I missed a few) have felt the negative effects of the Brownback.
Shuleripchangaro o

Junction City, KS

#9 Jun 17, 2014
rock bottom wrote:
Oh okay. Thanks George.
Dude Adams

Fort Scott, KS

#10 Jun 17, 2014
I want the candidate who's hands arent tied by the big money that got him elected. Oh wait...that's every single one, guess ill continue to not give a damn.
agree

Independence, KS

#11 Jun 17, 2014
No More Jesus Freaks wrote:
i seen the paper, kansas had a tax shortfall of $310 million. brownback is an idiot and wrecked the state.
How about "I saw the paper.!
agree

Independence, KS

#12 Jun 17, 2014
Dude Adams wrote:
I want the candidate who's hands arent tied by the big money that got him elected. Oh wait...that's every single one, guess ill continue to not give a damn.
Maybe that's the problem here, not giving a damn. I agree that our political scene, be it local, state or federal is run by money and money alone. Congress does nothing to rein in any big company because of the huge sums of money contributed to their re-election campaigns. Just about every division of government is NOT doing their job. The Federal Reserve's policies have just about ruined retirement for a lot of people with their low interest rates, but it sure is helping the big banks. The FCC does a very bad job of monitoring the telecommunication companies and pretty much lets them get away with anything, as does the KCC (see approving every rate increase Westar asks for). I could on and on about this, but you get the point. We still need to vote and study the candidates and what they say they will try to do. Most of them don't and once they get in office, they go along with the rest, like sheep. I don't know how we'll ever change things regardless of who we put in office. It's very discouraging.
bill

Lenexa, KS

#13 Jun 18, 2014
Ahhh no wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I work also and am happy with the tax and social programs cuts
happy daze

United States

#14 Jun 18, 2014
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as happy as if you had good sense , right bill ? Meanwhile , the state is losing population , roads are getting worse as KDOT ' s coffers get robbed to fund schools , the credit rating goes down , and Kansas becomes an anti-diversity model of intolerance and regresses 50 years. Brownback would be a good governor......if this was Alabama in 1954.
one candidate

Junction City, KS

#15 Jun 18, 2014
bill wrote:
<quoted text>
What tax cuts and what social program in specific are you happy with
The Professor

Manhattan, KS

#16 Jun 18, 2014
Anyone but Brownback.

At the local level: Anyone but Allan Rothlisberg.
happy daze

United States

#17 Jun 18, 2014
one candidate wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't a clue , just repeats right wing rhetoric he hears on FoxNews. Probably believes Obama's a Kenyan-born Muslim like the rest of the intellectually challenged nut cases do.
Honest Abe

United States

#18 Jun 18, 2014
I think we deserve for more years of this delusional stone age prick. Surely God is punishing Kansas for some past indiscretion and I'm for getting it over with. Give us a locust plague, fire from heaven or a return to the Dust Bowl. Or, just give us this Howdy Doody look alike for four more years. That should be enough suffering to get us right with God.
retrograde

Independence, KS

#19 Jun 18, 2014
Honest Abe wrote:
I think we deserve for more years of this delusional stone age prick. Surely God is punishing Kansas for some past indiscretion and I'm for getting it over with. Give us a locust plague, fire from heaven or a return to the Dust Bowl. Or, just give us this Howdy Doody look alike for four more years. That should be enough suffering to get us right with God.
now this guy should be a campaign manager by god. could you please help us elect a new city commission?
bill

Lenexa, KS

#20 Jun 18, 2014
one candidate wrote:
<quoted text>
Dropping property tax on boats from 30% to 15% for one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP presidential candidates face delicate balan... 4 min Lawrence Wolf 23
Obama to seek wilderness designation for Alaska... 8 min Hooooogle 8
Sunday Talk Preview: Mideast Power Shift 15 min barefoot2626 15
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min smfh 1,172,102
Charles Koch calls on fellow conservative donor... 23 min TeaBagging for Am... 17
Republicans call on FCC to release net neutrali... 33 min TeaBagging for Am... 9
Obama to propose protecting 1.4 million acres o... 33 min SirPrize 3
More from around the web