Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Comments
1,401 - 1,420 of 3,771 Comments Last updated Mar 7, 2013
Mid Term 2014

Canton, GA

#1624 Jan 4, 2013
The petition to deport Peirs Morgan has gone over 103,000

Sign the petition to deport cnn's Peirs Morgan for attacking the 2nd Amendment.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dep...

You have to login to sign this petition, and of course whoever does will be on the list, but we must speak up.

CNN's Peirs Morgan was way out of line with his rant.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1626 Jan 4, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
obviously you don't own weapons idiot!
Of course not. What Floridian with a concealed carry weapons permit from 2001 would actually own a weapon? Wait, is that a Springfield XDM 9mm compact with a 13 and 19 round magazine with Remington Golden Saber 124 Grain +P Brass Jacketed Hollow Points in an Uncle Mike's holster on my hip? Gee,how did that get there?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1627 Jan 4, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
not to mention tea baggers trying to shut down the government! let them it's only going to hurt their interests!
Liberals: "Emboldening America's enemies, and terrifying her allies, since 1976."
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#1628 Jan 4, 2013
There was supposed to be a gun ban in Illinois, but alas they don't have the votes. The Supreme Court ruled last summer that their former ban was unconstitutional, and gave them 6 months to create conceal carry.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1630 Jan 4, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
you wanna fight Americas enemy's ? join up, bet you can't pass muster eh?
Why should I? Obama promised to bring all the troops home from those Islamic strongholds of Iraq and Afghanistan and from those Democratic strongholds of Detroit, Philly and Oakland. LOL

Liberals: Emboldening America's enemies, and terrifying her allies, since 1976."
Tim

United States

#1631 Jan 4, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Fascist intolerance of disagreement or opposition is a Republican disorder.
Did the ban they had in effect in connecticut already ...work? How about the ban in place at columbine?!?! No?! bans would POSSIBLY help to disarm the people that follow the law..NOT the ones that ignore the law..DUH!!!
Tim

United States

#1632 Jan 4, 2013
Face it! America is fully armed. We will NEVER give up our arms! Try to confiscate....lolz..good luck..try to force us to sell to the state...Hahaha..never. OUR constitution gives us the right to guns, period. Bans didn't work against booze, drugs, and it Absolutely WILL NOT work for guns.
Tim

United States

#1633 Jan 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress took a year to pass a bill thast in the end took three days to pass.
I'm not confused as to why it's taken Congress so long to work on improving the jobs situation.
Or is my memory so bad I can't remember that it was the Bush recession that caused the unemployment.
Bush spent like a liberal...true...obama has raised our deficiet to more than all the previous pres. combined! It will be 20 trillion soon! THAT..is obammy's bill....THAT is his fault! Hope and change?!?! Bull **it
Tim

United States

#1634 Jan 5, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
you wanna fight Americas enemy's ? join up, bet you can't pass muster eh?
I am Already joined up....ready to defend this country and it's constitution...against foreign and domestic ...who's "muster" am I tested by?
Tim

United States

#1635 Jan 5, 2013
The question that I bet alot of people want to know the answer to...Is Jack Welch up to "Muster"? you are willing to insult "Teabaggers"..ya know..people standing up for this country...are you up to muster? Or will you kneel like most liberals? I'm betting you are already on your knees

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1638 Jan 5, 2013
Mid Term 2014 wrote:
The petition to deport Peirs Morgan has gone over 103,000
Sign the petition to deport cnn's Peirs Morgan for attacking the 2nd Amendment.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dep...
You have to login to sign this petition, and of course whoever does will be on the list, but we must speak up.
CNN's Peirs Morgan was way out of line with his rant.
...Duh,...does this replace the soon forgoten, "Let's succede from the union" petitions?...That was another waste of time....

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1639 Jan 5, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
It would work to restrict assault weapons, which have no business in the public's hands anyway. Would that end mass killings? Probably not. But further restrictions on guns might keep them out of the hands of lunatics and teens bent on mass murder, and further training and security procedures in public places might help to reduce these killings, too. Better recognition and treatment of mental illness would also help.
No ONE thing can cure this horrific epidemic, but certainly doing nothing won't help at all.
ps - "rage" doesn't enter into it. The killers are the ones afflicted with rage.
What assault weapons are you talking about. Can you name any of the killers of the 500 murders in Chicago that registared their weapons. Didn't think so. Laws only restrict law abiding citizens, the tyrants, bullies and Eric Holder ignore the laws.

Paris

#1640 Jan 5, 2013
Tim wrote:
The question that I bet alot of people want to know the answer to...Is Jack Welch up to "Muster"? you are willing to insult "Teabaggers"..ya know..people standing up for this country...are you up to muster? Or will you kneel like most liberals? I'm betting you are already on your knees
He spends a lot of time there.

Paris

#1641 Jan 5, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
<quoted text>
nope the teabaggers and other retards will not put me or this country on it's knees your only a fringe group just like other terrorists and criminals!
The Tea Party is 25% of congress now, gays are .1%. There's the fringe group you belong to sparky.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1644 Jan 5, 2013
Anti-Gun Newspaper Hires Armed Guards

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/anti-gun-...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1645 Jan 5, 2013
I said YESTERDAY that we would only have to wait a week or two for the next mass murder and I have to say I was 'wrong'- we only had to wait a few hours...

Four dead inside Aurora home including gunman shot by police
Posted: 01/05/2013 08:41:30 AM MST
Updated: 01/05/2013 09:32:51 AM MST
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post

Four people were killed this morning including a gunman who held police at bay for several hours in an Aurora townhome.

Aurora SWAT team members shot the gunman, who has not been identified.

Police had surrounded a townhome where a man fired gunshots early Saturday morning and then barricaded his home on the 16000 block of East Ithaca Place near Buckley Road and Hampden Avenue.

Neighbors called 911 at 3 a.m. reporting shots fired.

Police evacuated homes and sent emergency phone notifications.

Hampden Avenue was shut down in both directions from Kalispell Street to Laredo Street.

Location hidden

#1646 Jan 5, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The Tea Party is 25% of congress now
Not even close, Dumbo.

But then we know you like to make up numbers.

Location hidden

#1647 Jan 5, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Anti-Gun Newspaper Hires Armed Guards
Anti-gun? because it posted PUBLIC INFORMATION on its website?

HOW DARE THEY!

Just because gun gnutters didn't like the stories they posted and threatened violence? anthrax?
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#1648 Jan 5, 2013
Can any of the anti gun nuts guarantee that after the government goes door to door to confiscate the guns, no one will ever die from gunshot wounds, ever? Of courese not, people in Obama's old neighborhood make their own guns all the time. This is not about guns. It is about power, power over the American citizen. Stupid, stupid Democrats.

Location hidden

#1649 Jan 5, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Can any of the anti gun nuts guarantee that after the government goes door to door to confiscate the guns
Tell us about the black UN hellycopters, PA!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min PDUPONT 1,100,993
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 27 min Mr Johnson 11,713
Miss. judge dismisses McDaniel primary challenge 29 min Mr Johnson 6
Libyan armed faction takes over U.S. Embassy an... 50 min Marine Corp Pat 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,467
Obama's 'cautious' approach on ISIS is panned 3 hr Deo Vindice 3
US senator calls Russiaa s actions in Ukraine a... 5 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Senate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••