Would an assault weapons ban work?

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

When Adam Lanza shot 26 people in Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday, he used a Bushmaster AR-15 , a popular style of semiautomatic rifle that can rapidly fire multiple high-velocity rounds, according to law enforcement officials.

Comments
3,341 - 3,360 of 3,771 Comments Last updated Mar 7, 2013

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#3908 Feb 15, 2013
just another guy wrote:
Would an assault weapons ban work?
Yes.

If it has real teeth.

Location hidden

#3909 Feb 15, 2013
just another guy wrote:
Many sheriffs around the country have come out saying they will refuse to enforce such a ban.
Yeah, many sheriff also refused to enforce the equal rights in the South and even turned hoses on peaceful demonstrators.

If sheriffs refuse to do their job: fire them them.

It isn't up to the sheriffs to decide which laws they should enforce and even the threat to not do their job should be enough to relieve them of their jobs.

Location hidden

#3910 Feb 15, 2013
justhefacts wrote:
Lets look at the other facts pertaining to Guns and Crime.
We aren't going to get them from you or your aliases, dear.

Here you going with one of your daily murder suicides:

Robeson County Sheriff's Office investigating fatal shooting near Red Springs; two dead, at least one injured

LUMBERTON - The Robeson County Sheriff's Office is investigating a shooting Wednesday that left two people dead and two others injured, Sheriff Kenneth Sealey said.

Sealey said an unidentified woman called 911 at 5:30 p.m. and said her husband was threatening to shoot her. A few minutes later, the same woman called back and said shots had been fired, Sealey said.

When deputies arrived at the home, at 12156 N.C. 211 about two miles east of Red Springs, they found two women dead from gunshot wounds.

Two men also were injured, he said. One was taken to Southeastern Regional Medical Center in Lumberton. He was expected to be taken to Chapel Hill for treatment of his injuries, Sealey said. Information about the men's injuries was not available.

The shooting remains under investigation but appears to be a domestic incident, Sealey said.

The names of the women were not released because the next of kin had not been notified, Sealey said.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3911 Feb 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't.
You were reported to have posted on topic once in 2012, but upon further investigation, that turned out to be a rumor posted by your other alias...Dumbo.
My my my, I must really get to you pookie. You have to attack every post. I know it hard for you having been asked multiple times to prove your assertions, but can't seem to come up with the goods. I guess you post are like taking a bowel movement, you get some relief no mater how much is defacated.

Location hidden

#3912 Feb 15, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>My my my, I must really get to you pookie. You have to attack every post.
I'm not the SPAMMER who initiated and posted dozen EXACT same Dumbospams across multiple threads, DUMBO.

Join me in asking Topix to remove all duplicate posts, Dumbo.

And then maybe restrict people to a single alias.

Location hidden

#3913 Feb 15, 2013
au contraire wrote:
you having been asked multiple times to prove your assertions,
Already proved way past the point that would lead a reasonably intelligent and prudent person to convict you, Dumbo.

If only Topix would put in the effort.

One must wonder if they are involved in perpetuating the problem.

Location hidden

#3914 Feb 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the SPAMMER who initiated and posted dozen EXACT same Dumbospams across multiple threads, DUMBO.
Join me in asking Topix to remove all duplicate posts, Dumbo.
And then maybe restrict people to a single alias.
My my my, I must really get to you pookie. You have to attack every post. I know it is hard for you having been asked multiple times to prove your assertions, but can't seem to come up with the goods. I guess your post are like taking a bowel movement, you get some relief no mater how much is defacated.

Location hidden

#3915 Feb 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Already proved way past the point that would lead a reasonably intelligent and prudent person to convict you, Dumbo.
My my my, I must really get to you pookie. You have to attack every post. I know it is hard for you having been asked multiple times to prove your assertions, but can't seem to come up with the goods. I guess your post are like taking a bowel movement, you get some relief no mater how much is defacated.

Location hidden

#3916 Feb 15, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>My my my,

PS: you are stuttering again..

Location hidden

#3917 Feb 15, 2013
au contraire wrote:
..you get some relief no mater how much is .
Le Jimbo wrote: First your trashing Jesus Crist shows a lack of intellegence no mater your beliefs

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#3918 Feb 15, 2013
subhuman 84 wrote:
<quoted text>You're a million for a million. I'm just getting started LOL
Yes, you're just getting started posting idiotic spam, that's probably true.

Four...:)

#3919 Feb 15, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>My my my, I must really get to you pookie. You have to attack every post. I know it is hard for you having been asked multiple times to prove your assertions, but can't seem to come up with the goods. I guess your post are like taking a bowel movement, you get some relief no mater how much is defacated.
He's getting to YOU, or you wouldn't be a) whining about it so loudly and b) projecting your own failings onto him.

When have you ever "come up with the goods?" When have you not witlessly and pointlessly attacked my posts, and many others besides?

Hypocritical turd.
just another guy

Marion, IL

#3920 Feb 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, many sheriff also refused to enforce the equal rights in the South and even turned hoses on peaceful demonstrators.
It isn't up to the sheriffs to decide which laws they should enforce and even the threat to not do their job should be enough to relieve them of their jobs.
It must shatter the world of our turd flingin gay monkey to find out there are people with the courage to stand up to our corrupt bloated illegitimate government.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#3921 Feb 15, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
He's getting to YOU, or you wouldn't be a) whining about it so loudly and b) projecting your own failings onto him.
When have you ever "come up with the goods?" When have you not witlessly and pointlessly attacked my posts, and many others besides?
Hypocritical turd.
How predictable of you to piggyback on the worst, most vile leftist POS on all of topix Professor Fartsack, as you've now irretrievably sunk to his level. And then you two POS wonder why nobody listens to you and your lives are total failures. Pathetic.

#3923 Feb 15, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It must shatter the world of our turd flingin gay monkey to find out there are people with the courage to stand up to our corrupt bloated illegitimate government.
If you ever posted anything but half-literate racist vulgarities, the world of Topix would shatter in surprise.

Location hidden

#3924 Feb 15, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
How predictable of you to piggyback on the worst, most vile leftist
Wipe your chin and come up with some new material, KnobJob.

Location hidden

#3925 Feb 15, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It must shatter the world of our turd flingin gay monkey to find out there are people with the courage
That wouldn't be you, you f*qing yellow internet f*it commando.

Stick to what you know, JustGayGuy: running you lips around the rim.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#3926 Feb 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Going by YOUR criteria for elected officials responsibilities to enforce the laws WE have a sound basis to IMPEACH Obama for HIS deriliction in failure to enforce the laws of the land. In fact,he has signed Executive orders requiring federal officers to ignore violations by certain ethnic groups. Giving them official protective status,which is in itself illegal.

But I find it MORE amusing to keep the bluegum in office and let the GOP House keep sh1tting in his cheerios. When the Senate goes GOP in '14 it will REALLY be downhill for Obama. He'll spend the last two years covering his azz and hoping like he11 no one uncovers how corrupt his administration had really been.

He'll make Nixon look like a Saint and Carter a MENSA member. He's already known in circles as President Oblamer. It only gets better from here.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#3927 Feb 15, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That wouldn't be you, you f*qing yellow internet f*it commando.
Stick to what you know, JustGayGuy: running you lips around the rim.
You're big on the gay innuendo. Is there something you'd like to take out of the closet? Perhaps you're just a frustrated flamer and ain't quite sure how to hit on another guy. But whatever your technique,it ain't working here. You MIGHT try sheeple. I understand he's pretty tolerant of new meat. Seems like an open minded sorta fella,if you know what I mean.....

Location hidden

#3929 Feb 15, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocritical turd.
If I wanted more ka ka I would have pulled your chain pookie. Your dismissed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5A VA employee, a crack house, and a lengthy fi... 4 min radiofreeamerica 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min ptbw forever 1,100,094
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand: Male colleague called ... 8 min truth-facts 2
Thousands of Abu Ghraib photos set for release 15 min Lawrence Wolf 22
Support for U.S. overseas involvement jumps, po... 19 min Marine Corp Pat 13
Hillary's Got a Millennial Problem 27 min WelbyMD 4
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 31 min WelbyMD 11,697
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••