BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 242537 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#130242 Nov 27, 2012
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right. There is no such thing as dual citizenship. The fact that a foreign country considers that someone is also a citizen of that country does not affect US law IN THE SLIGHTEST. Our law is not affected by their law. Dual citizenship does not affect US citizenship, and it does not affect Natural Born Citizen status either.
And, guess what, Obama is not a dual citizen. He WAS a dual citizen, but that lapsed long ago. Kenya law does not allow dual citizens, so since Obama was a citizen of the USA he automatically lost Kenyan citizenship when he became 21. In contrast, Jefferson and Madison were dual citizens WHEN THEY WERE PRESIDENT.
ALSO, you are not allowed to make up theories in strict construction interpretation. If the US Constitution does not say "dual citizens are barred" and if the meaning of Natural Born does not exclude dual citizens, and the US Constitution does not bar dual citizens and Natural Born status includes them, so dual citizens are not barred. And, as noted, Obama is not a dual citizen; he is a FORMER dual citizen.
and your point is! In 1963 Obama got his citizenship for life as defined by the Kenya Constitution, prior to that he was a subject of the crown.
Sorry, to be a citizen of another foreign power, prevents you from being born a citizen of the US.
Guess what, your citizenship is at the moment of birth.
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#130243 Nov 27, 2012
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
According to Forbes, there are 1,153 billionaires on this Earth and 400 of them live in the U.S.
We are about 5% of the Earths populations but we have about 25% of all the wealth of the world right here in America.
Out of the 11 billionaires in Africa, only three looked to be "black", one looked Asian, three looked European and the rest looked to be Arabs.
If it were not for the Europeans, Africa would be next to knothing in wealth.
Ah, yes, those wonderful Europeans.

The story is more like for some 500 years those wonderful Europeans used their military might to make colonies all around the world to extract the wealth from those colonies and bring it back to the mother country. GET REAL!!!!
Johannes

Yucaipa, CA

#130244 Nov 27, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>and your point is! In 1963 Obama got his citizenship for life as defined by the Kenya Constitution, prior to that he was a subject of the crown.
Sorry, to be a citizen of another foreign power, prevents you from being born a citizen of the US.
Guess what, your citizenship is at the moment of birth.
In 1963 Obama was 2 years old.....and unable to resign his USA citizenship.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#130245 Nov 27, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>a
Sorry, to be a citizen of another foreign power, prevents you from being born a citizen of the US.
According to play law.

Grow up.

“impeach now replace later”

Since: Sep 09

Dump Trump now

#130246 Nov 27, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Like hell, an alien does not become a citizen until he is "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", this being the US Constitution.
If you will look at the 1790 Naturalization Act, you will notice that an alien is under the jurisdiction, but not subject to it until becoming a citizen. Big diference between "under" and "subject to".
You do understand that the Equal Protection Clause of the
in the 14th Amendment applied to both citizens and non-citizens?

You do understand that the citizenship clause in the 14th Amendment describes who is a United States citizen?

You do understand that under the 14th Amendment that aliens are not citizens?

You do understand that aliens are under the jurisdiction of the United States?

If you do not understand any of the above statements, please review your class notes that you took in the Constitutional class in your second year of law school.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#130247 Nov 27, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what, your citizenship is at the moment of birth.
According to US law, President Obama was a US citizen at birth -- a natural born citizen.

Nobody cares what his citizenship was according to Play Law.

“impeach now replace later”

Since: Sep 09

Dump Trump now

#130248 Nov 27, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>and your point is! In 1963 Obama got his citizenship for life as defined by the Kenya Constitution, prior to that he was a subject of the crown.
Sorry, to be a citizen of another foreign power, prevents you from being born a citizen of the US.
Guess what, your citizenship is at the moment of birth.
Wrong.

When Obama reached his 23rd birthday, he was no longer a citizen of Kenya since Kenya's constitution prohibits dual citizenship in adulthood. Obama had therefore automatically lost his Kenyan citizenship at age 23, in 1984. Kenya Constitution, Chapter VI, Section 97

97. Dual citizenship

1. A person who, upon the attainment of the age of twenty-one years, is a citizen of Kenya and also a citizen of some country other than Kenya shall, subject to subsection (7), cease to be a citizen of Kenya upon the specified date unless he has renounced his citizenship of that other country, taken the oath of allegiance and, in the case of a person who was born outside Kenya. made and registered such declaration of his intentions concerning residence as may be prescribed by or under an Act of Parliament.

As such, Obama didn't receive his "citizenship for life" from Kenya since he was also a "citizen of some country other
than Kenya" as defined in the Kenya Constitution. As a result, his Kenya citizenship expired by operation of law on his 23rd birthday.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#130249 Nov 27, 2012
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The status of Obama's dual citizenship at the time of his birth is completely irrelevant as to his natural born citizenship status.
What is relevant is the fact that he was born in the United States.
Obama was born in the allegiance of the United States. "“All persons born in the allegiance of the king are natural born subjects, and all persons born in the allegiance of the United States are natural born citizens. Birth and allegiance go together. Such is the rule of the common law, and it is the common law of this country, as well as of England. United States v. Rhodes, 27 F Cas 785,818 (1866)
Courts on numerous times have held that a native born citizen is a citizen who is not naturalized. United States v. Schwimmer, 279 US 644, 649 (1929)(“Except for eligibility to the Presidency, naturalized citizens stand on the same footing as do native born citizens.”)
In fact, the courts on numerous occasions observed that native born citizens are natural born citizens and thus are eligible to the Presidency. Luria v. United States, 231 US 9, 22 (1913)("Under our Constitution, a naturalized citizen stands on an equal footing with the native citizen in all respects, save that of eligibility to the Presidency.")
Furthermore, if Obama was not a natural born citizen then he is either a naturalized citizen or an alien. But this is a false dilemma fallacy since Naturalization Acts do not confer citizenship on native born citizens in the United States nor is he an alien since courts have held that children born in the United States to alien parents are natural born citizen.
In Podea v. Marshall, 83 F. Supp. 216, 219-220(ED NY 1949 )
the court noted:
"It is a long recognized and well established principle that plaintiff acquired American citizenship upon his birth on September 21, 1912, at Youngstown, Ohio, even though his parents were immigrant aliens.(internal citations omitted) And it is equally well established in our law that the plaintiff, while an infant could not divest himself of such citizenship, whether by his own acts, or the acts of his parents.(internal citations omitted)
In the New Jersey Supreme Court case Benny v. O'Brien, 32 Atl 696 (1895), Justice Van Syckel addressed the issue before the court: "The question presented is whether a person born in this country of alien parents, who, prior to his birth, had their domicile here, is a citizen of the United States?"
In answering in the affirmative Justice Van Syckel declared:“The words of the fourteenth amendment are, "born in the United States and subject to the Jurisdiction thereof." Those provisions by implication concede that there may be instances in which the right to citizenship does not attach by reason of birth in this country. Two facts must concur: the person must be born here, and he must be subject to the Jurisdiction of the United States according to the fourteenth amendment, which means, according to the civil rights act, that the person born here is not subject to any foreign power. Allan Benny, whose parents were 'domiciled here at the time of his birth, is subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, and is not subject to any foreign power.” Id
As such, Obama's dual citizenship status at birth is legally irrelevant and immaterial since courts have held that mere birth in the United States is sufficient to confer natural born citizenship status.
could you please point to the place in the constitution, where you found native born.
If Benny's parents were aliens, they were not subject to the jurisdiction, thereof. Citizens are the only persons that are "subject to" the jurisdiction of the Constitution.

“WTFU”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#130250 Nov 27, 2012
My advice to the little group of crazies.. Turn off fox news. Turn off Glen Beck.. Open your eyes and come out of your little fox holes.Stop living BRAINWASHED.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#130251 Nov 27, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
According to play law.
Grow up.
you wish it was play law.

“impeach now replace later”

Since: Sep 09

Dump Trump now

#130252 Nov 27, 2012
Johannes wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1963 Obama was 2 years old.....and unable to resign his USA citizenship.
correct.

What the birthers failed to understand is that the only way a natural born or naturalized citizen can have his or her United States citizenship revoked is by the citizen doing any one of the SEVEN proscribed acts listed in 8 U.S.C. 1481. If they took the time to read this statute they will realize that a MINOR can't renounced his or her United States citizenship because those acts required either the citizen have attained the AGE OF EIGHTEEN (sections 1,2 and 4) or have been tried and convicted for TREASON(section 7) or served in the armed forces of a foreign state when such armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the United States (section 3) Since Obama had neither attained the age of eighteen nor tried and convicted of TREASON nor served in the armed forces of a foreign state while he was a MINOR in Indonesia and, as such, Obama never lost his United States citizenship
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#130253 Nov 27, 2012
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
When Obama reached his 23rd birthday, he was no longer a citizen of Kenya since Kenya's constitution prohibits dual citizenship in adulthood. Obama had therefore automatically lost his Kenyan citizenship at age 23, in 1984. Kenya Constitution, Chapter VI, Section 97
97. Dual citizenship
1. A person who, upon the attainment of the age of twenty-one years, is a citizen of Kenya and also a citizen of some country other than Kenya shall, subject to subsection (7), cease to be a citizen of Kenya upon the specified date unless he has renounced his citizenship of that other country, taken the oath of allegiance and, in the case of a person who was born outside Kenya. made and registered such declaration of his intentions concerning residence as may be prescribed by or under an Act of Parliament.
As such, Obama didn't receive his "citizenship for life" from Kenya since he was also a "citizen of some country other
than Kenya" as defined in the Kenya Constitution. As a result, his Kenya citizenship expired by operation of law on his 23rd birthday.
wrong.
go up to, I think it was 7a, he was proclaimed a citizen.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#130254 Nov 27, 2012
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
correct.
What the birthers failed to understand is that the only way a natural born or naturalized citizen can have his or her United States citizenship revoked is by the citizen doing any one of the SEVEN proscribed acts listed in 8 U.S.C. 1481. If they took the time to read this statute they will realize that a MINOR can't renounced his or her United States citizenship because those acts required either the citizen have attained the AGE OF EIGHTEEN (sections 1,2 and 4) or have been tried and convicted for TREASON(section 7) or served in the armed forces of a foreign state when such armed forces are engaged in hostilities against the United States (section 3) Since Obama had neither attained the age of eighteen nor tried and convicted of TREASON nor served in the armed forces of a foreign state while he was a MINOR in Indonesia and, as such, Obama never lost his United States citizenship
by the 14th he didn't have a US citizenship to resign, he was a citizen of his father's nation.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#130255 Nov 27, 2012
Atticus Tiberius Finch wrote:
<quoted text>
Your interpretation of the the 14th Amendment is wrong. The 14th Amendment defines who is an United States citizen. It has nothing to do with the status of an alien. In fact, courts have recognized that aliens are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
"The Amendment [14th], in clear words and in manifest intent, includes the children born, within the territory of the United States, of ALL OTHER PERSONS, of whatever race or color, domiciled within the United States. EVERY CITIZEN OR SUBJECT OF ANOTHER COUNTRY, while domiciled here, is within the allegiance and the protection, and consequently SUBJECT TO THE JURISDICTION, OF THE UNITED STATES. His allegiance to the United States is direct and immediate, and, although but local and temporary, continuing only so long as he remains within our territory, is yet, in the words of Lord Coke, in Calvin's Case, 7 Rep. 6a, "strong enough to make a natural subject, for if he hath issue here, that issue is a natural-born subject;" and his child, as said by Mr. Binney in his essay before quoted, "if born in the country, is as much a citizen as the natural-born child of a citizen, and by operation of the same principle." United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649, 693 (1898))(emphasis added)
"The Supreme Court has extended significant constitutional protections to aliens within the United States, without distinguishing between those who are here legally or illegally, or between residents and visitors. See, e.g., Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 369, 6 S.Ct. 1064, 1070, 30 L.Ed. 220 (1886)("The Fourteenth Amendment ... is not confined to the protection of citizens....[Its] provisions are universal in their application, to all persons within the territorial jurisdiction [of the United States]."); In re Ross, 140 U.S. 453, 464, 11 S.Ct. 897, 900, 35 L.Ed. 581 (1891)(holding that although fifth and sixth amendments do not apply to trials conducted in consular courts, their guarantees apply to "citizens and others within the United States, or who are brought there for trial"). US v. Verdugo-Urquidez, 856 F. 2d 1214, 1222 (9th Cir. 1988), reversed on other grounds, United States v. Verdugo-Urquidez, 494 US 259 (1990)
LMAO!!!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#130256 Nov 27, 2012
it raises revenue wrote:
How does a higher tax rate for the wealthy help the economy?
Raising Revenue is good, We also should cut Expenses at the same time
and staring with the 1% makes sense.
It barely amounts to a drop in the bucket.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#130257 Nov 27, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>could you please point to the place in the constitution, where you found native born.
If Benny's parents were aliens, they were not subject to the jurisdiction, thereof. Citizens are the only persons that are "subject to" the jurisdiction of the Constitution.
Sorry, Play Law is not constitutional law. Grow up.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#130258 Nov 27, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
According to US law, President Obama was a US citizen at birth -- a natural born citizen.
Nobody cares what his citizenship was according to Play Law.
IAW the 14th he was not, "and subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", since he was born a citizen of his father's nation. FACT.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#130259 Nov 27, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>you wish it was play law.
You wish fantasy would be reality. Sorry loser.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#130260 Nov 27, 2012
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Play Law is not constitutional law. Grow up.
Squeel for me, PUSS.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

United States

#130261 Nov 27, 2012
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>IAW the 14th he was not, "and subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", since he was born a citizen of his father's nation. FACT.
He was born a natural born citizen of the United States, FACT. Play Law doesn't count.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President Trump touts new plan for victory in A... 1 min bottlecap 6
News Collins unsure if Trump will be 2020 GOP nominee 2 min Budget Bomb 4
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,582,647
News Police: Suspect who drove over protesters at Vi... 6 min Trump_Is_Fake 172
News Trump bans transgender people from military 21 min TomInElPaso 365
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min FCVK THE SNOWFLAKES 26,883
News Divers Search U.S. Navy Ship for Sailors Missin... 27 min Fake Marine Corps... 3
More from around the web