Reid 'Would Love to Bring' Gun Control Back Up but Lacks Votes

Nov 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Breitbart.com

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Tuesday he "would love to bring [gun control] back up," but he does not have the votes to pass any new laws.

Comments
1 - 20 of 94 Comments Last updated Nov 15, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Go ahead and try, you vile traitor. And you demonrats are going to see a replay of 1994-96 in 2014-16.
SatanRules

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
Go ahead and try, you vile traitor. And you demonrats are going to see a replay of 1994-96 in 2014-16.
states are doing a great job....bwhahhahahaahhhahahah

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

SatanRules wrote:
<quoted text>
states are doing a great job....bwhahhahahaahhhahahah
"...Volunteers for the war are greatly preferred, but will be accepted for the term of twelve months.
It is earnestly urged upon all who may be able to do so to supply themselves with the most effective arms the country affords such as the Tennessee rifle, the double and single-barrel shot gun. These arms will be replaced by furnishing the troops with the regular army gun at the arliest practicable period...." [Proclamation. Isham G. Harris, Governor of the State of Tennessee.]

"...A proclamation of Gen. McCulloch, dated Headquarters, Camp Jackson, Sept. 25, says: "Kansas Lane and Montgomery have defeated a Missouri regiment, under Col. Hunter, and have burned Osceola. I need three regiments of infantry immediately. I will accept them for twelve months. Let all those who have arms bring them, as the arms turned over by the State may fall into the hands of those nearest to them. Let those who wish to serve their State rally to her defence at once.
(Signed) BEN. McCULLOCH,
Brig. Gen. Commanding.

- Clarksville Chronicle, Clarksville, TENN. Friday, October 04, 1861. Volume 12. Number 44. Pg. 1.
PrinceofDarkness

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
"...Volunteers for the war are greatly preferred, but will be accepted for the term of twelve months.
It is earnestly urged upon all who may be able to do so to supply themselves with the most effective arms the country affords such as the Tennessee rifle, the double and single-barrel shot gun. These arms will be replaced by furnishing the troops with the regular army gun at the arliest practicable period...." [Proclamation. Isham G. Harris, Governor of the State of Tennessee.]
"...A proclamation of Gen. McCulloch, dated Headquarters, Camp Jackson, Sept. 25, says: "Kansas Lane and Montgomery have defeated a Missouri regiment, under Col. Hunter, and have burned Osceola. I need three regiments of infantry immediately. I will accept them for twelve months. Let all those who have arms bring them, as the arms turned over by the State may fall into the hands of those nearest to them. Let those who wish to serve their State rally to her defence at once.
(Signed) BEN. McCULLOCH,
Brig. Gen. Commanding.
- Clarksville Chronicle, Clarksville, TENN. Friday, October 04, 1861. Volume 12. Number 44. Pg. 1.
http://www.sovereignman.com/wp-content/upload...

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

PrinceofDarkness wrote:
Article II of the constitution of the United States provides that a "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." The Cubans as did the framers of our constitution seem to know how necessary the possession of arms is to the people of a free state, and hence but a very small percentage have consented to part with their guns when offered pay for them by the military authorities of the United States.

- Willmar Tribune, Willmar, Minnesota, Wednesday, June 07, 1899. Vol. 5. No. 17. Pg. 4.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
October 04, 1861.
Waitress:...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top

...and spam...

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Waitress:...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top
...and spam...
District Attorney Notified

The substance of the placards and circulars was reported to District Attorney F. G. Caffey. He said no opinions ever were given as to the legality of an action and that "the matter hadn't come officially to the notice of his office."

"I know that some of the literature this office is sending out seems seditious," White said last night, "but it really isn't. The Constitution grants the right of social revolution through a constitutional convention and it grants the right of local militia. "We haven't had a constitutional convention in 130 years and we need one to educate the people. At the meeting I addressed this morning, a great deal of interest was evinced in our right to bear arms. That clause was put in the Constitution to protect the smaller units of the country from possible tyranny at Washington. Many of the men present this morning had never heard of it.

"Rhode Island, tho thirteenth state to enter the Union, held out until the arms-bearing clause was inserted...."

- New York Tribune, Monday, March 17, 1919. Vol. LXXVIII No. 26,419.Pg. 5.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
March 17, 1919.
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!
"But there was a glorious object connected with that; in cutting down the Army blows could be struck. In 1866 the Government of the United States, feeling that 4,000,000 of men who had been enfranchised by the events of the war were entitled to join with others in bearing arms in the defense of their rights; feeling that it was a violation of duty and a violation of the principles of equality to deny to any citizen of the country the right to bear arms, although they knew it was done in some countries--they knew that when that horde of godless robbers, the Turks, from the interior of Asia invaded the East Of Europe and conquered the Christian countries there as well as in the West of Asia, they denied to their Christian subjects the right to bear arms; but those who in 1866 sat in these Halls did not propose that this nation should be a body of Turks, and they created two colored regiments.

"In 1869, believing that the proportion of colored men in the Army was not sufficient to give them their fair opportunity to learn the art of war, to be instructed in the means of personal defense, to bear arms in the cause of a country which we may presume they love as well as we, we created two more regiments. Therefore, when this House met in last December we had two regiments of infantry of colored men and two regiments of cavalry of colored men. And the work of this House has been to legislate these men out of the rights which we conferred upon them by the legislation of 1866 and 1869."

- SPEECH OF Hon. Martin I. Townsend, of New York IN THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, JULY 12,[1876] Pg. 2.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
JULY 12,[1876]
[B]Why is it Called Spam?[/B]
Why is it Called Spam?

There is some debate about the source of the term, but the generally accepted version is that it comes from the Monty Python song, "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam". Like the song, spam is an endless repetition of worthless text. Another school of thought maintains that it comes from the computer group lab at the University of Southern California who gave it the name because it has many of the same characteristics as the lunch meat Spam:

Nobody wants it or ever asks for it.
No one ever eats it; it is the first item to be pushed to the side when eating the entree.
Sometimes it is actually tasty, like 1% of junk mail that is really useful to some people.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No sausages?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No sausages?
He has the sausage.

Three guess where...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Bigot, everything you post is spam.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Bigot, everything you post is spam.
Could be worse.

Everything you post is coated with your boyfriend's DNA, AnalButter.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He has the sausage.
Three guess where...
I could only come up with two. Is there a third orifice?
barefootsgaylove r

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I could only come up with two. Is there a third orifice?
The only orifice worth anything is barefoots toothless mouth. And about the sausages, when he gets done with them, they are very well done. The evidence is running down his chin, that is why he is always refering to wiping splooge off of it.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"Reid 'Would Love to Bring' Gun Control Back Up but Lacks Votes"

"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."

It's not "spam" if it's on topic, troll:

"The subsequent remark bears hard upon the disciples of the new school of politicians.

"Those whose principle it is to despise the ancient permanent sense of mankind, and to set up a scheme of society on new principles, must naturally expect that such of us, who think better the judgment of the human race than of theirs, should consider both them and their devices, as men and schemes upon their trial. They must take it for granted, that we attend much to their reason, but not at all to their authority. They have not one of the great influencing prejudices mankind in their favour. They avow their hostility to opinion. Of course they must expect no support from that influence, which, with other authority, they have deposed from the seat of its jurisdiction..."

"...We should nourish a proud spirit of independence; we should shew the superiority in which we hold honour and glory to riches and ease; we should distinguish ourselves by a noble military ardour. Before capital and commerce were known, our ancestors thus held the first rank among the nations of Europe, and, notwithstanding the favourite doctrine of the times, it is only by arms we can regain our situation. But basely hugging our money bags, we think we may dismiss the military virtues our forefathers, like scaffolding, although it was by these that this adored wealth was acquired, and without these we must speedily be robbed of it. He would be the last to preach despondency, but he considered it his duty, if possible, to rouze his countrymen from the ill-timed indifference, into which they had fallen, and to call upon them to resist usurpation, insolence, and perfidy. He conjured those, who talked so much of the capital of wealth, to think for a little of the capital of dominion. The latter would be found to have always prevailed..."

[THE PORT FOLIO ENLARGED. BY OLIVER OLDSCHOOL, ESQ. "VARIOUS, THAT THE MIND OF DESULTORY MAN, STUDIOUS OF CHANGE, AND PLEAS'D WITH NOVELTY, MAY BE INDULGED." COWPER. VOL. II.] PHILADELPHIA, SATURDAY, MAY 8TH, 1802.[No. 18. Pg. 143]

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be worse.
Everything you post is coated with your boyfriend's DNA, AnalButter.
Right here you just proved my point and since you have thing for anal's I believe your a topper and one that likes to play the quarterback.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

2ndAmRight wrote:
MAY 8TH, 1802.[No. 18. Pg. 143]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Right here you just proved my point and since you have thing for anal's
You're name is AnalOriface.

Don't me for pointing to the brown spot in the middle of your face.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,099,301
Voters in Florida, 3 other states head to polls 8 min Mothra 19
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min loose cannon 177,274
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 19 min Chicagoan by Birth 11,675
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 48 min boo ya 229
A ticket to Sarah Palin's funhouse 1 hr kuda 100
Rubio: "We must move slowly on immigration." 4 hr Cricket 23 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Senate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••