Manchin, Toomey Prepare to Unveil Gun Deal

Apr 10, 2013 Full story: Roll Call 58

Democratic Connecticut Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Christopher S. Murphy are interviewed by the press after meeting the parents of the Newtown, Conn., shooting victims.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Apr 10, 2013
Great, but this is not how congress is supposed to function.......behind closed doors and no chance to read the laws before a vote. It's the cowards way.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#2 Apr 10, 2013
Remember the progressive rule, you have to pass it to see what it in.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3 Apr 10, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Remember the progressive rule, you have to pass it to see what it in.
What Does It Matter?
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#4 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What Does It Matter?
Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn says he wants a debate on gun control

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#5 Apr 10, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn says he wants a debate on gun control
That's the last thing Obama wants, a debate. That's why he flies in circles so no one can ask him the hard question and put him on public record for his anti gun stand. He changes his stand everytime he lands and picks up new props for his telepromptered prattle.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#6 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo hoo. Coburn sticks it the teadead gun debate blockers.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7 Apr 10, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn says he wants a debate on gun control
Tell ya what pookie, instead of this farce going on in Washington with congress acting like they have the power to change the constitution and having a President that is suposed to be a constitutional scholar ignore it is a hoot.

I suggest you loons call for a constitutional congress. There are many things that need changed or amended, but congress trying to change the constitution or trying to amend it without a constitutional congress and voted in by 2/3 of the states is meaningless.........and unconstitutional.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#8 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text> That's why he flies in circles so no one can ask him the hard question and put him on public record for his anti gun stand.
Dear, clear out your ears because it seems pretty darn clear what President Obama feels about gun safety and what should be done.

Lets remember some simple words for you from the President -

Hadiya [Pendleton]'s parents, Nate and Cleo, are in this chamber tonight, along with more than two dozen Americans whose lives have been torn apart by gun violence. They deserve a vote.

Gabby Giffords deserves a vote.

The families of Newtown deserve a vote.

The families of Aurora deserve a vote.

The families of Oak Creek, and Tucson, and Blacksburg, and the countless other communities ripped open by gun violence -- they deserve a simple vote.

Let's see who "takes a stand" .........
conservative crapola

Nazareth, PA

#9 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahahaha

We luv the redeadlican/teadead civil war...their motto: Someone else started it.

hahahahahahahahaha

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#10 Apr 10, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, clear out your ears because it seems pretty darn clear what President Obama feels about gun safety and what should be done.
Lets remember some simple words for you from the President -
Hadiya [Pendleton]'s parents, Nate and Cleo, are in this chamber tonight, along with more than two dozen Americans whose lives have been torn apart by gun violence. They deserve a vote.
Gabby Giffords deserves a vote.
The families of Newtown deserve a vote.
The families of Aurora deserve a vote.
The families of Oak Creek, and Tucson, and Blacksburg, and the countless other communities ripped open by gun violence -- they deserve a simple vote.
Let's see who "takes a stand" .........
Then why hasn't Reid brought it to a vote. There will be no vote on any law that would have prevented Gifford or Sandy Hook. It is a power grab. The vote if it happened would be unconstitutional anyway. Congress can not change an amendment of the constitution with out a constitutional congress being called. After the vote to call it, then any changes have to be voted on and ratified by two thirds of the states. There is not law that washington can make that changes the constitution will out following it's guidelines.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#11 Apr 10, 2013
Constitutional convention......

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Apr 10, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahahaha
We luv the redeadlican/teadead civil war...their motto: Someone else started it.
hahahahahahahahaha
It's good you brought up the Civil War. Sorry you lost pookie. Republicans freed the slaves and gave them voting rights. Little american history is now taught before the Civil War. The politically correct crowd don't want the constitution and what our founding fathers wrote taught, it ruins the liberal indoctrination program.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#13 Apr 10, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, clear out your ears because it seems pretty darn clear what President Obama feels about gun safety and what should be done.
Lets remember some simple words for you from the President -
Hadiya [Pendleton]'s parents, Nate and Cleo, are in this chamber tonight, along with more than two dozen Americans whose lives have been torn apart by gun violence. They deserve a vote.
Gabby Giffords deserves a vote.
The families of Newtown deserve a vote.
The families of Aurora deserve a vote.
The families of Oak Creek, and Tucson, and Blacksburg, and the countless other communities ripped open by gun violence -- they deserve a simple vote.
Let's see who "takes a stand" .........
On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control,“to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them.“We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#14 Apr 10, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, clear out your ears because it seems pretty darn clear what President Obama feels about gun safety and what should be done.
Lets remember some simple words for you from the President -
Hadiya [Pendleton]'s parents, Nate and Cleo, are in this chamber tonight, along with more than two dozen Americans whose lives have been torn apart by gun violence. They deserve a vote.
Gabby Giffords deserves a vote.
The families of Newtown deserve a vote.
The families of Aurora deserve a vote.
The families of Oak Creek, and Tucson, and Blacksburg, and the countless other communities ripped open by gun violence -- they deserve a simple vote.
Let's see who "takes a stand" .........
Eric Holder "We just have to be repetitive about this. It's not enough to have a catchy ad on a Monday and then only do it every Monday. We have to do this every day of the week and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way."
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#15 Apr 10, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, clear out your ears because it seems pretty darn clear what President Obama feels about gun safety and what should be done.
Lets remember some simple words for you from the President -
Hadiya [Pendleton]'s parents, Nate and Cleo, are in this chamber tonight, along with more than two dozen Americans whose lives have been torn apart by gun violence. They deserve a vote.
Gabby Giffords deserves a vote.
The families of Newtown deserve a vote.
The families of Aurora deserve a vote.
The families of Oak Creek, and Tucson, and Blacksburg, and the countless other communities ripped open by gun violence -- they deserve a simple vote.
Let's see who "takes a stand" .........
Then why has he not had people there who have used guns for self defense and are alive today because of them? Does you brain feel washed yet?
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#16 Apr 10, 2013
It doesn't matter. The Supreme Court will decide if the laws are Constitutional, and remove them if they are not constitutional. This keeps the citizens from asking the socialists where the jobs are? What is the $3.7 trillion new dollars going to be spent on, besides vacations, golf, and parties
conservative crapola

Nazareth, PA

#17 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only the frightwing civil war...but in a few weeks, mexico will celebrate knocking the snot out of the french.

hahahahahahahahahaha
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#18 Apr 10, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Then why hasn't Reid brought it to a vote.
In scheduling the vote, Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) said he doesn’t know if he has sufficient support to proceed to further debate on the bill. Regardless,“we’re going to vote on this anyway,” he said.“It may take a little time, but the American people deserve a vote.”

Thursday?

"The American people deserve a vote"
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#19 Apr 10, 2013
Thursday? They will not vote on this bill Thursday. They will debate it until the middle of the night Friday, or weeks from Friday, and vote then like thieves in the night. My God, they have no moral character at all. The dregs of society.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Apr 10, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control,“to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.
“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them.“We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
Good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,172,544
Offshore drilling plan in Alaska may restrict p... 12 min Le Duped 4
Obama defends close US relationship with Saudi ... 15 min Le Duped 3
Democrats block Keystone bill in setback for Se... 21 min Le Duped 5
Alison Grimes to seek re-election as Ky. secret... 27 min Le Duped 2
At Koch summit, Rand Paul splits with Cruz, Rubio 27 min Kid_Tomorrow 23
NYT Is Lost in Its Ukraine Propaganda 36 min Taohaka 20
More from around the web