New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges?

Aug 22, 2014 Full story: Athens Banner-Herald 3,343

In this photo taken on Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, Theo Murphy, left, of Florissant, Mo., and his brother Jordan Marshall, 11, light candles at a memorial on Canfield Drive in Ferguson, Mo., where where unarmed Michael Brown was fatally shot by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson.

Full Story
Justshootthebast ard

Okmulgee, OK

#43 Aug 23, 2014
Nat Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Management considered letting them stay home and just mailing them a check?, you would probably be further ahead.
It's called welfare, we work, gov takes 35 to 40% and they sit on the front porch waitin for their share! After all my great great great great great great grand dad owned bout 40 of um, so I guess there hasn't been enough time for them to catch up!
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#44 Aug 23, 2014
JohnFranklinMason wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, it would be more likely in your community for your neighbors, family, friends or co-workers to shoot up the school killing students and teachers, shoot up the movie theater, mall or MacDonald's or shoot up the workplace.
And their all children of the progressive agenda. Driven insane.
FYI

Corsicana, TX

#45 Aug 23, 2014
http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/2...

To me, one thing is clear, despite the 'militarization' of local police and a tendency of Americans to 'protest' the USA has not developed to effective strategy and tactics to deal with 'protest' when things turn nasty. Property gets damaged, people (protesters, police and bystanders) get hurt and 'feelings' turn bad among all parties. This sets expectations for 'next time'.
My experience and thinking indicate that 'events' like the one that triggered Ferguson are seldom simple right wrong situations. People, and our governments, do dumb things, maybe to inflate their ego (power), maybe by not bothering to understanding how to keep out of a no win confrontation. After all Americans love to drive their vehicle into running water ... run a gasoline engine indoors, and respond to a challenge. It seems Police love to dress up in armor, carry potent weapons and be seen as 'tough'. All think 'it can't happen to me'. It can, and sometimes does.
The media (both American and foreign) don't seem to be able to cover any event without favoring one side or the other. Americans have mastered the arts of creating demand for anything (ranging from useful to harmful), killing people or breaking things, and doing it all in an entertaining manner. I wonder it these incidents are just covered as a 'reality' show to boost ratings or if 'journalism' is a profession just to control the mood of the public.
A formula for the USA to be 'balkinized' and emulate the middle east:
All the people like us are we, and everyone else is They.(Rudyard Kipling)
Corollary: They are the problem!(me)
Chalupa

Corpus Christi, TX

#46 Aug 23, 2014
I would suggest that you white guys go home and make babies because you are very quickly becoming a minority. You brought the blacks here, never realizing this would one day be their country. Go back to Britain.
Monty Anaconda

Schertz, TX

#47 Aug 23, 2014
kuda wrote:
Predictably, the usual racists quickly jumped on this discussion to commandeer it as yet another opportunity to serve their hateful rhetoric likening African Americans to animals and children and advocate escalating their mistreatment. They offer nothing constructive as the attempt to promote hatred. How inadequate they must feel to resort to such extremes in an effort to feel big by belittling others, which educated people understand as the basic dynamic underlying racial prejudice.
I don't consider it racism if it is true. You knickers need to adjust your attitudes before whitey smacks your black asses back to Africa with the other animals. Your "boy" robbed a store, assaulted a clerk, got high, jaywalked, assaulted a cop, and then was put down like a dog. Jaywalking!!! A Capital offense in Missery!!!!
The Rancher

Schertz, TX

#48 Aug 23, 2014
Chalupa wrote:
I would suggest that you white guys go home and make babies because you are very quickly becoming a minority. You brought the blacks here, never realizing this would one day be their country. Go back to Britain.
Whites may be a minority soon. But cows outnumber ranchers by 1,000,000 to one and we eat steak every night.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#49 Aug 23, 2014
The only way to be fair is to hang this cop, even if he's innocent. It's progressive justice.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#51 Aug 23, 2014
The truth hurts and what the al sharpton extremists fear most is that the Wilson investigation will show that the cop shot Brown in self defense while he was being severely beat up by Brown.Can you say George Zimmerman?
Cat74

Wilmington, IL

#52 Aug 23, 2014
All of the school shootings wouldn't add up to the shootings last 4th of July in Chicago. There is no comparison. In fact if they would just learn to shoot better their Communities would be better places to live.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Fuchu, Japan

#53 Aug 23, 2014
American-Military-Industry is the cause of this tragedy!!!
And, of course, Wall-Street is behind this!!!
(Wall-Treet loves Military-Industry in order to raise American-stock-prices!!!)

American-99% must rise now!
American-99% must anger now!

We are American-99%!
Now is the time for change!

This is Democracy!
We American-99% will protect our America and Democracy!

American-Military-Industry, American-Generals, Wall-Street, politicians and American-top1% are the cause of this tragedy!

American-99% must rise now!
American-99% must anger now!

We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.!
I love American-99%!
I am one of American-99%!

[VOX]August 14, 2014
'They look like guys playing army': an expert on policing in conflict zones talks Ferguson
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/14/6002917/ferguson...

[The Wire]Aug 13, 2014
The Pentagon Gave the Ferguson Police Department Military-Grade Weapons
http://www.thewire.com/national/2014/08/the-p...
According to a report by David Mastio and Kelsey Rupp of USA Today, the Ferguson Police Department is the beneficiary of a Department of Defense program called 1033, which redistributes surplus military equipment to civilian police forces across the U.S.
James

Pacoima, CA

#54 Aug 23, 2014
Simple solution to this problem.

If looting and rioting returns to ferguson, call in the national guard, not police. Police need to combat the gangs and other lowlifes.

You send out the Guard, fully armed.
See a looter, shoot a looter.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#55 Aug 23, 2014
Eventually there's gonna be a serious race war.Enter MARTIAL LAW.They need a serious event to justify MARTIAL LAW IN AMERICA.


Think I'm joking. Live long enough and you'll see some things that you never thought would ever happen in America.

Martial law. Coming to a city near you here in America. You sheep errr,make that Americans, have seen nothing yet.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#56 Aug 24, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
Us poor sad ignorant white folks as seen above.
is it a wonder you're a staunch Obama supporter?
you haven't enough intelligence to be anything else...
you are TRULY scary stupid, dear.
Air_Force1

United States

#57 Aug 24, 2014
You know what happens if ? The same thing that all ways happens riots and mayhem and then quiet down and then police start shooting people of color again and riots and the madness continues my father used to tell me about it and it was going on this way before I was born and
it will contiue on and on with no stopping it unless a hydrogen 50-57 mega ton bomb is dropped
on St.Louis County Missouri or Jesus Christ returns what every of these two takes place first it will only be then that it all stops and ends . This fact you can trust and God in heaven knows this.

Sincerely,
SG-22 E-Com
kuda

Loveland, OH

#58 Aug 24, 2014
Monty Anaconda wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider it racism if it is true. You knickers need to adjust your attitudes before whitey smacks your black asses back to Africa with the other animals. Your "boy" robbed a store, assaulted a clerk, got high, jaywalked, assaulted a cop, and then was put down like a dog. Jaywalking!!! A Capital offense in Missery!!!!
Your rationalization is circular reasoning since its conclusion is based on the premise of your prejudiced assumptions about what's "true" for those against whom you're prejudiced. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to submit a notarized written excuse from your doctor before I could let you off the hook.
Justshootthebast ard

Okmulgee, OK

#59 Aug 24, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rationalization is circular reasoning since its conclusion is based on the premise of your prejudiced assumptions about what's "true" for those against whom you're prejudiced. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to submit a notarized written excuse from your doctor before I could let you off the hook.
You're one of Al Sharptons huh? "we'z aint ignant"! Now take your banana, curl up next to momma an pick azz
kuda

Loveland, OH

#60 Aug 24, 2014
Justshootthebastard wrote:
<quoted text>You're one of Al Sharptons huh? "we'z aint ignant"! Now take your banana, curl up next to momma an pick azz
Do I know you? Perhaps by another moniker? Well at any rate, you'll be pleased to know that your inappropriately hostile, racist and personally insulting remarks have more than qualified you for eternal assignment to my Club SOL. It never ceases to amaze me that people would go to such extremes to portray themselves in such an ugly manner to people living in the civilized world, but I'm sure they must have their reasons.

So, congratulations, Just! Your name has earned dishonorable mention on my “do not reply” list of people who either prefer or have only the capacity to post personal insults in lieu of attempting to engage in reasonable discussion. You may continue to respond to me, but I’ll not respond to you, no matter how strongly you may appeal for me to do so. You may find it just as rewarding, however, to settle on rating all my posts negatively, as has become the tradition of those who have been so disenfranchised. I welcome disagreement, but not personal insults.
Justshootthebast ard

Okmulgee, OK

#61 Aug 24, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I know you? Perhaps by another moniker? Well at any rate, you'll be pleased to know that your inappropriately hostile, racist and personally insulting remarks have more than qualified you for eternal assignment to my Club SOL. It never ceases to amaze me that people would go to such extremes to portray themselves in such an ugly manner to people living in the civilized world, but I'm sure they must have their reasons.
So, congratulations, Just! Your name has earned dishonorable mention on my “do not reply” list of people who either prefer or have only the capacity to post personal insults in lieu of attempting to engage in reasonable discussion. You may continue to respond to me, but I’ll not respond to you, no matter how strongly you may appeal for me to do so. You may find it just as rewarding, however, to settle on rating all my posts negatively, as has become the tradition of those who have been so disenfranchised. I welcome disagreement, but not personal insults.
Nice, now go back and read your post that I replied to, your condescending attitude and your bias opinions earns you the kinda of replies I made. I could give 2 shits less about your skin color, but the action of few causes disrespect of many?
Cometstorm

O Fallon, MO

#62 Aug 24, 2014
The Rancher wrote:
<quoted text>
Whites may be a minority soon. But cows outnumber ranchers by 1,000,000 to one and we eat steak every night.
Now that's some funny chit right there, I don't care WHO you are! &#128516;

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#64 Aug 24, 2014
Cometstorm wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's some funny chit right there, I don't care WHO you are! &#128516;
Truth can be funny..........LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min flack 1,192,612
Could Self-Proclaimed Socialist Sen. Bernie San... 15 min casstroHitler ass... 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Rogue Scholar 05 185,115
Scott Walker reverses immigration stance 22 min WeTheSheeple 108
Netanyahu rebuts Obama on Iran clarifies messag... 25 min Jeff Brightone 1
Netanyahu Assails Iran-Nuclear Talks In Congres... 30 min HeMadeSoMany 62
5As House panel issues subpoenas, questions mou... 1 hr BY A vote 4
More from around the web