Republican Senators urge Obama to move on Keystone XL pipeline

Jan 24, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

All 45 Republican U.S. Senators urged President Barack Obama on Friday to end delays and approve the northern leg of the Keystone XL pipeline that would connect Canada's tar sands with refiners at the Gulf of Mexico.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Jan 26, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ObamaCare FUBAR

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Lame Brain Duck Obama would much rather please the envirofreaks rather than provide jobs and a much needed boon to the economy which Keystone would provide.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Democrats won't do anything to create jobs. Vote them out in November if you want jobs in January 2015.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

4

3

3

I am sure I would be impressed if my child promoted some Government Program. My children already know we want nothing from the Government, and they should stay as far away from government freebies as possible.
Ohh Em Gee

Charlton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

or we could keep complaining every time a 18-wheeler spills 10,000 gallons all over a rural highway.
Or we could just keep complaining every time a train carrying HAZMAT catches fire and we have to evacuate an entire town.
Or we can sit and point fingers when a truck spills thousands of gallons into a local river.
Or we can build a pipeline that would be monitored for leaks every minute of everyday. But we dont want that evil republicans pipe line! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN! THE CHILDREN!!!!!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

5

3

2

ObamaCare FUBAR wrote:
Lame Brain Duck Obama would much rather please the envirofreaks rather than provide jobs and a much needed boon to the economy which Keystone would provide.
Moving that poisonous sludge from Canada to Texas isn't going to provide
a quarter of the jobs you lying Republicans talk about.

Cornell GLI Study Finds Keystone XL Pipeline Will Create Few Jobs.
Previous Studies Are Misleading; Project May KILL MORE JOBS Than It Creates.

Cornell GLI’s new report, Pipe Dreams? Jobs Gained, Jobs Lost by the Construction of Keystone XL (pdf) examines the job impacts of TransCanada Corportation's Keystone XL Pipeline, the proposed pipeline that would transport tar sands oil almost 2,000 miles from Alberta, Canada to the Gulf of Mexico in Texas. The report reviews claims made by TransCanada and the American Petroleum Institute that the project will create 20,000 construction and manufacturing and 119,000 (direct, indirect and induced) jobs.

Once again, stupid Republicans believing their own propaganda.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The pipeline will provide hundreds of thousands of jobs for people who want to work, likely Republicans since Democrats seem quite happy to lay around, and wait for the mail man with their freebie check. Now even Obama's Stock Market is reflecting his Obamascam problems. Down over 300 points today. People better see if they cannot get out of the market before it collapses completely.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The Fleaparty endorsed Fleastone Pipeline is a give away to Koch Industries, and other Fascist Right energy concerns.....We don't need more pollution, corporate nutters destroying our environment. Let Canada send it to the Pacific and let the Chinese tankers pick it up there. This "pipeline" is designed to enrich corporate right wing interests....which is why only Republican Fascists are supporting it.

And anyone who thinks we benefit one bit from this is delusional....we need to nationalize the oil industry in America and keep the production of our tar sands oil for ourselves...but Rethuglicans demand it be sold on the open market, so our gas will only continue to rise.
Dubya Tee Eff

Charlton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Caribou Barbie wrote:
The Fleaparty endorsed Fleastone Pipeline is a give away to Koch Industries, and other Fascist Right energy concerns.....We don't need more pollution, corporate nutters destroying our environment. Let Canada send it to the Pacific and let the Chinese tankers pick it up there. This "pipeline" is designed to enrich corporate right wing interests....which is why only Republican Fascists are supporting it.
And anyone who thinks we benefit one bit from this is delusional....we need to nationalize the oil industry in America and keep the production of our tar sands oil for ourselves...but Rethuglicans demand it be sold on the open market, so our gas will only continue to rise.
So instead its better to..... keep complaining every time a 18-wheeler spills 10,000 gallons all over a rural highway.
Or we could just keep complaining every time a train carrying HAZMAT catches fire and we have to evacuate an entire town.
Or we can sit and point fingers when a truck spills thousands of gallons into a local river.
Or we can build a pipeline that would be monitored for leaks every minute of everyday. Accidents happen all the time. Why not try and contain and control the damage zone with high tech monitoring while providing some jobs unless of course you dont mind when catastrophes like the Lac-Mégantic derailment happen.
Dubya Tee Eff

Charlton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 24, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Caribou Barbie wrote:
And anyone who thinks we benefit one bit from this is delusional....we need to nationalize the oil industry in America and keep the production of our tar sands oil for ourselves...but Rethuglicans demand it be sold on the open market, so our gas will only continue to rise.
So Iraq was all about "Big Oil" getting that oil free on the backs of American soldiers, until the price went up.
-
Then it was because we had "Evil oil men" in the white house and the price went up.
-
Then we had a Democrat Pres, House and Senate, the price went up and it was Bush's fault.
-
Now we have a Dem Pres and Senate, the price goes up and its the "rethuglicans" fault.

I think I get it now, no matter if the Dems are in control, its still the Republicans fault. Got it.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Caribou Barbie wrote:
Loon.
Cat74

Bartlett, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The Democrats cannot let America be energy independent. Can you imagine if they really had to end their wars, and bring those people home to no jobs, and no future. I would think the Unions would whisper in the Kenyan's ear about all those Union jobs from the pipeline. We shall see what happens if the people who want to work are still unemployed in November when they go to the polls.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Cat74 wrote:
The Democrats cannot let America be energy independent. Can you imagine if they really had to end their wars, and bring those people home to no jobs, and no future. I would think the Unions would whisper in the Kenyan's ear about all those Union jobs from the pipeline. We shall see what happens if the people who want to work are still unemployed in November when they go to the polls.
Lead by example and get a job yourself Cnutnip74, since you're here every single day of the year. Looks like you and you ilk are the lazy ones, pointing fingers but at this site to bitch day in and day out.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

TransCanada CEO testified: We're under no obligation to direct product to the U.S. market.

TransCanada: The pipeline would only result in a few permanent jobs, as it is essentially automated. Temporary jobs jobs created would be along the lines of minimum wage bartenders, exotic dancers and service industry-related personnel.

Why is boner's failed teahadist house afraid of a nationwide infrastructure jobs bill?
Cat74

Bartlett, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have a good job. I get to teach the young about their government. Nothing like teaching the little ones how to be good conservatives later on in life. Actually it is a private school, and the parents are mostly conservative too. Can't you multi task?
Ohh Em Gee

Charlton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

conservative crapola wrote:
TransCanada CEO testified: We're under no obligation to direct product to the U.S. market.
TransCanada: The pipeline would only result in a few permanent jobs, as it is essentially automated. Temporary jobs jobs created would be along the lines of minimum wage bartenders, exotic dancers and service industry-related personnel.
Why is boner's failed teahadist house afraid of a nationwide infrastructure jobs bill?
So instead its better to..... keep complaining every time a 18-wheeler spills 10,000 gallons all over a rural highway.
Or we could just keep complaining every time a train carrying HAZMAT catches fire and we have to evacuate an entire town.
Or we can sit and point fingers when a truck spills thousands of gallons into a local river.
Or we can build a pipeline that would be monitored for leaks every minute of everyday. Accidents happen all the time. Why not try and contain and control the damage zone with high tech monitoring while providing some jobs unless of course you dont mind when catastrophes like the Lac-Mégantic derailment happen. BUT THE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Cat74 wrote:
I have a good job. I get to teach the young about their government. Nothing like teaching the little ones how to be good conservatives later on in life. Actually it is a private school, and the parents are mostly conservative too. Can't you multi task?
Lie all you like Cnutnip74 - I've not been here for a week while away on business - you on the other hand are here morning, noon, and night, 7 days a week.

No supposed teacher would say the multitude of stupid things you do consistently, always proven wrong, not even know if your children (which you admitted almost 2 weeks ago) were eligible for free meals, the list of your absurdity goes on and on.

Let's see - you said you did not need health insurance, because of your husbands "supposed" military coverage due to him being a former service member (yeah, right)- now you're a teacher in a private school who's on blogs all day long?

BS Cnutnip74 - 5 Pinocchio's for you, as always.
Your Ex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

Cat74 wrote:
Democrats won't do anything to create jobs. Vote them out in November if you want jobs in January 2015.
I've had jobs since 1980 (started mowing lawns at 10)
Maybe that'd be a good start for you.
Your Ex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

Cat74 wrote:
I have a good job. I get to teach the young about their government. Nothing like teaching the little ones how to be good conservatives later on in life. Actually it is a private school, and the parents are mostly conservative too. Can't you multi task?
Those kids would be better off if you were mowing lawns, IMHO.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
Those kids would be better off if you were mowing lawns, IMHO.
That hag isn't teaching anyone - Cnutnip 74 always comes up with new lies. It can't help itself.
Dickweed

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 25, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I do not understand why building a new refinery close to the oil sands has not even been considered. A cross country pipeline does not sound like a good solution for refining oil from the tar sands. A new refinery would also produce a bunch of sustained jobs, not just a few hundred temporary jobs, and businesses sprouting up that will close down after completion. The tar sands provide a low grade crude with a much more difficult refining process then the oil taken from the gulf. The refineries down south are set up to refine Gulf of Mexico crude. Tar sands crude is a completely different animal close to 3,000 miles from Texas and Louisiana refineries. What kind of processing will this oil sand have to get before it will run in a 3000 mile pipeline?

Is there someone who could possibly answer this question without calling the President a job killing Marxist first?
No probably not
FOX News says its good.....so there is no other explanation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••