Nuns get partial win in Supreme Court contraception fight

Jan 24, 2014 Full story: Reuters 39

The U.S. Supreme Court said on Friday that, while litigation continues, an order of Roman Catholic nuns need not comply with a part of President Barack Obama's healthcare law requiring employers to provide insurance that covers contraception.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#1 Jan 24, 2014
Amazing in this day and age anyone could object to contraception. Of course, religious cults weighing in on issues of the crotch is so out there, it's laughable. I thought nuns and priests were a-sexual creatures? Why the morbid curiosity of other people's sexual activity, or lack thereof?

I guess the Catholic Cult has some biblical reasoning for not "spilling man's seed upon the ground" or some such rot.....I wonder what their position is on Missionary? LOL

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#3 Jan 25, 2014
Obama king like actions seem to fall on deaf ears.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#4 Jan 25, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>To each his own you Communist.
You're an idiot.

99% of ALL women utilize contraception at one point in their lives you twit.

58% utilize contraception for non-sexual purposes.

Maybe all men should mind their business regarding woman's choices.

Now to more news - of all the single parents in America, 70%, which are women, live at or below the poverty level. Contraception is a lot cheaper than paying for the costs to first give birth to a child (roughly $20 -$30K)- then the cost to rear that child. Now, tell me birth control is not the more cost efficient route!

Funny thing - if men were able to get pregnant, watch how quick birth control would be free for all.
Ohh Em Gee

Auburn, MA

#5 Jan 25, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
Amazing in this day and age anyone could object to contraception. Of course, religious cults weighing in on issues of the crotch is so out there, it's laughable. I thought nuns and priests were a-sexual creatures? Why the morbid curiosity of other people's sexual activity, or lack thereof?
I guess the Catholic Cult has some biblical reasoning for not "spilling man's seed upon the ground" or some such rot.....I wonder what their position is on Missionary? LOL
The bigger question is, why do you care if they dont want contraception? Its doesnt affect you so why the morbid curiosity of other people's sexual activity, or lack thereof? Ohh because you are a hypocrite. I get it now.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Furlong, PA

#6 Jan 25, 2014
I don't see how this is controversial. When they say nun they mean NONE!! No contraceptives necessary!

Paris

#7 Jan 25, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:

Babble BOTS are the only Cults now, well except the Clinton's.

Paris

#8 Jan 25, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot.

Now to more news - of all the single parents in America, 70%, which are women, live at or below the poverty level. Contraception is a lot cheaper than paying for the costs to first give birth to a child (roughly $20 -$30K)- then the cost to rear that child. Now, tell me birth control is not the more cost efficient route!

Funny thing - if men were able to get pregnant, watch how quick birth control would be free for all.
really then why are 70% of black births to teens and unwed mothers.

Paris

#9 Jan 25, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot.

Maybe liberals shouldn't kill 55 million babies.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#11 Jan 25, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text> really then why are 70% of black births to teens and unwed mothers.
Got proof? A link?

Didn't think so Dumbo.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#12 Jan 25, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not babies Dumbo - can they survive outside the womb?

Then technically they are not viable,. therefore "NOT A BABY".

You gonna pay for 55 million births and feed them too?

Of course not Dumbo - so STFU!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#13 Jan 25, 2014
Might mention:

While the number of unmarried black women has substantially grown, the actual birthrate (measured by births per 1000) for black women is it the LOWEST POINT that its ever documented.

So while a larger number of black women are choosing not to marry, many of those women are also choosing not to bring kids into the world. But there is something else.

The drop in the birthrate for unmarried black women is mirrored by an even steeper drop among married black women. Indeed, whereas at one point married black women were having more kids than married white women, they are now having fewer.

The Atlantic Magazine
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#14 Jan 25, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got proof? A link?
Didn't think so Dumbo.
usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2013/15/06

or just go to the U.S. census, which breaks down the stats by highest and lowest states, education and poverty level, percentages of out of wedlock births by race/ethnicity.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#15 Jan 25, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
If you read the stats from the U.S. census, you'll find that the impoverished and uneducated (no high school diploma) are where the majority of these births occur.

You probably also know that many of these women aren't working and a high percentage of them are in their teens. Should the BC be delivered to their homes for free? Because most schools provide some and so do local clinics, for free, in many cases.

And yes, most, if not all of us women have used BC. But we paid for it by ourselves, too. It doesn't break the bank at $18 a month,$10 a month of you go with generics.

Maybe part of the problem is that a pregnancy among the poor/uneducated often results in government housing, SNAP and Medicaid? For far too many in this country, barely surviving on public assistance is all they know. There is no question that this has become a generational way of life.

Having employers provide BC coverage to employees isn't going to change this situation by even 1%.

Paris

#16 Jan 26, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got proof? A link?
Didn't think so Dumbo.
Why is it that 70% of black children are born out of wedlock?

What yo say is true even Jesse Jackson admits to this but you shouldn't ask questions like this on Answers, most of the blacks here will not admit to anything and will accuse you of being a racist no matter how truthful your question or answer is. Answers is loaded with Political Correctness and self righteous idealism on most issues pertaining to race and culture.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#17 Jan 26, 2014
Eighthman wrote:
<quoted text>To each his own you Communist.
As the head Republican, you're easily identified by the dirty knees.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#18 Jan 26, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Republican men shouldn't be crotch watching and then fingering each other in the back room at the office?

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#19 Jan 26, 2014
Ohh Em Gee wrote:
<quoted text>The bigger question is, why do you care if they dont want contraception? Its doesnt affect you so why the morbid curiosity of other people's sexual activity, or lack thereof? Ohh because you are a hypocrite. I get it now.
I could care less, and your statement is ludicrous and ignores the issue....contraception should be available to anyone who wants it, period.

Preventing a pregnancy is always preferable, especially when the participants are too young, too stupid, or too Republican.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#20 Jan 26, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
It would be 100 percent in his case.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21 Jan 26, 2014
Chicopee wrote:
And yes, most, if not all of us women have used BC. But we paid for it by ourselves, too..
No ya don't.

PS: Healthcare is healthcare. Just because sex is involved it doesn't make it not health care.

People who cry about the cost of B/C should be given the bill for pregnancies instead.
Chicopee

Danbury, CT

#22 Jan 27, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No ya don't.
PS: Healthcare is healthcare. Just because sex is involved it doesn't make it not health care.
People who cry about the cost of B/C should be given the bill for pregnancies instead.
You honestly think you know who paid for MY BC, asswipe??

I started using it long before everyone in America thought someone else should pay their way. Back when you paid your medical bills and the health insurance company re-imbursed you, minus deductible...and the deductibles were pretty high. The cost of the most commonly prescribed BC pills was hardly worth the effort it took to fill out the reimbursement forms. Even today, you can get many of them for $9 a month, lower than the average co-pay.

Stick to talking about what you know...and you clearly don't know much about this subject. You just buy into the 'war on women' hype.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
D.C. statehood 7 min WelbyMD 1
Senior Americans burdened with student debt 15 min WelbyMD 89
Senator cites Michelle Obama challenge to raise... 21 min WelbyMD 32
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RoxLo 1,109,030
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 1 hr WelbyMD 11,828
ISIS fight: Congress could vote as early as Wed... 2 hr bottlecap 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 177,959
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Senate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••