McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll

McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll

There are 87 comments on the USA Today story from Jul 28, 2014, titled McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll. In it, USA Today reports that:

McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll Check out this story on USATODAY.com: http://usat.ly/1mWst1R Your Take contributions have not been reviewed for accuracy by USATODAY.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#42 Aug 9, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of like WMD'S ??? I think that stands for W's Misleading Direction!! Mitch supported that cluster [email protected] and look where that took us. That's right we are still there.. Well we can attribute most of the NATIONAL DEBT to that and our DEREGULATION of the banking industry. Imagine the working poor getting a raise Zeppelin wouldn't that be great. Sorry to let all the hot air out of your destined epic BALLON FAILURE or was that TARP or IRAQ or How about the sell of W's Rangers bankrupt ball team or How about all of the MONEY HALIBURTON made and lined the pockets of all the PORK eating REPUBLICONS!!! You want to talk about LIES Surely Not!!!!!!
after 911, what do you think we should have done?

just like a liberal to whine about how we dealt with the attackers and supporters of 911.

why are you not spewing hate at the perpetrators who declared war on us?

instead, you demonize our own troops?

what are you? brain dead stupid?

...or are you a monkey? yeah. that would explain your rhetoric. another freaking monkey.
TRUTH

Louisville, KY

#43 Aug 9, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
after 911, what do you think we should have done?
just like a liberal to whine about how we dealt with the attackers and supporters of 911.
why are you not spewing hate at the perpetrators who declared war on us?
instead, you demonize our own troops?
what are you? brain dead stupid?
...or are you a monkey? yeah. that would explain your rhetoric. another freaking monkey.
No JACKIE I am not a monkey!! I will go as far as saying I do support our troops just not the WAR (IRAQ) that they were blindly led into!! 911 is totally different than the war in IRAQ JACKIE. In November I will gladly cancel your VOTE OUT!!!
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#44 Aug 9, 2014
Do you support Obama's Iraq war? Of course we can't really call it a war yet, because he didn't go to Congress. He thinks he is a tribal King. Some Democrat should find the courage to tell him he is only President, and has to share power with the House, and Senate. He will be so surprised,
Chris McNulty

Radcliff, KY

#45 Aug 9, 2014
WANTED: Obama’s most vulnerable senators.

The GOP must win six Democrat Senate seats to win a Republican Senate Majority.

Here are the top ten democrats who are the most vulnerable senators according to recent polls:

Mark Pryor, Arkansas
Mary Landrieu, Louisiana
Kay Hagan, North Carolina
Mark Begich, Alaska
Mark Udall, Colorado
Jeanne Shaheen, New Hampshire
Al Franken, Minnesota
Jeff Merkley, Oregon
Mark Warner, Virginia
Tom Udall, New Mexico
These are our top targets that we must kick out of office. We must win back the Senate for the American people and take back these states from Barack Obama.

Only six seats stand in our way, and we only have 90 days left before Election Day.

We must keep our eyes on the target. It’s all on the line.

Together, we can capture six seats from Obama’s most vulnerable Senators.
Chris McNulty

Radcliff, KY

#46 Aug 9, 2014
Contribute today to our Senate Majority Fund -

http://click1.action.gop.com/ysfpbrlwgzmnkrkr...

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#48 Aug 10, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Do you support Obama's Iraq war? Of course we can't really call it a war yet, because he didn't go to Congress. He thinks he is a tribal King. Some Democrat should find the courage to tell him he is only President, and has to share power with the House, and Senate. He will be so surprised,
More wasted bandwidth.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#49 Aug 10, 2014
It is bad enough Obama has no clue what to do in Iraq. He is too bull headed to listen to anyone who knows what must be done. Leave him on the golf course, and call Uncle Joe. He can't be any dumber. Well maybe he can be, on second thought.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#51 Aug 11, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Rather than bashing off topic, why not give a vote of confidence for McConnell?!
Cat74

Joliet, IL

#52 Aug 11, 2014
McConnell doesn't need my vote of confidence, he will win the election hands down. Grimes is like Wendy, running for office in a state that won't elect a weak woman.
lenny

Radcliff, KY

#53 Aug 11, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than bashing off topic, why not give a vote of confidence for McConnell?!
I will vote for Motch McConnell, because he uses DEPENDS on his REAR END, my friend.
lenny

Radcliff, KY

#54 Aug 11, 2014
Motch's our man, why can't the liberals understand, it take a real man to wear DEPENDS on your REAR END, you see a liberal can't poop his pants and walk around, but a conservative can poop his pants and spend the night on the town only if the smell can't be found.
The Boss man

United States

#55 Aug 11, 2014
Mitch is for the rich. He does what we tell him to. He does his job is keeping wages low and our profits high.
Hopefully Palin will give him some air time on her new channel. What's it called? The Sarah Palin Fartknocker Report" or something like that.
Chris McNulty

Radcliff, KY

#56 Aug 11, 2014
The Boss man wrote:
Mitch is for the rich. He does what we tell him to. He does his job is keeping wages low and our profits high.
Hopefully Palin will give him some air time on her new channel. What's it called? The Sarah Palin Fartknocker Report" or something like that.
Hey Vienna, MO, why don't you worry about your own state? Don't you have blacks rioting in the streets and cops shooting down teenage thugs right now? I'd worry about your own backyard before what's going on in ours.
The Rich Boss Man

United States

#57 Aug 11, 2014
Chris McNulty wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Vienna, MO, why don't you worry about your own state? Don't you have blacks rioting in the streets and cops shooting down teenage thugs right now? I'd worry about your own backyard before what's going on in ours.
Speak when your told to speak you peeon. I'm on my cell phone. I don't know what location it shows. Now get back to work at your minimum wages and vote for Mitch to keep my bank account growing.
TRUTH

Louisville, KY

#58 Aug 12, 2014
The Rich Boss Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak when your told to speak you peeon. I'm on my cell phone. I don't know what location it shows. Now get back to work at your minimum wages and vote for Mitch to keep my bank account growing.
Rich boss MAN please dont strip us of UNIONS and turn us ALL into the WORKING POOR!! We know that is what TEAM MITCH wants!! I have yet to here him say i love LABOR UNIONS I wonder why????? People you all need to WAKE UP The Party OF NO has kept you from: A livable wage, healthcare, good working conditions, and held back PROGRESS for 6 YEARS!!! If you want to continue to work 3 JOBS to make $21.00 per hour so be it... if you want your children to live in College Tuition Debt, if you want to continue to have sub-standard working conditions then by all means vote for TEAM MITCH!!! What pork has he brought to the WORKING POORS TABLE......NOTHING Fact check that!!! Oh wow he saved jobs did he improve pay and working conditions.....NO He has Obstructed unemployment from KENTUCKY PEOPLE and yes we RANK 44th in the nation!!! Where are the extensions TEAM MITCH and his buddy RAN he isnt worried about the JOBLESS RATE in KY he is worried about becoming our next President.. So much for not wanting to be a career Politician OH WELL!!! Team Mitch also supported that CROOK RICHIE FARMER an his running mate Williams, that should tell you something about the integrity of all his ads paid for and approved by his Campain!!! Folks in November take a good hard look at what you have because at the end of the day you may need 3 more jobs on top of the 3 to keep what you have!!!! Rich are GETTING RICHER and the MIDDLE CLASS are OBSOLETE!! So take a real good look in your wallet that is how I am voting to keep myself above WORKING POOR STATUS!!! My fellow poor people only we can make the difference this November!!!
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#59 Aug 13, 2014
We will never get rid of Unions. They are like a giant cancer. I do think the Democrats will be surprised in November to see how many members vote Republican this time. The members are really upset at how many illegal aliens the Democrats have brought in through their open border.
going down

Radcliff, KY

#60 Aug 13, 2014
"Democratic lawmakers weigh in on Chao coal controversy, new poll shows McConnell ahead

08/13/2014 12:13 PM

Coal Association President Bill Bissett received a letter requesting him to denounce the groups actions and demand Chao step down from her position on the board, according to a Yahoo! News report .

The letter came from eight Democratic state lawmakers, including: House Speaker Greg Stumbo, Majority Leader Rocky Adkins, Senator Ray Jones, Representatives Leslie Combs, John Will Stacey, Brent Yonts and John Short, as well as Representative-elect Chris Harris.

The demands come after Yahoo! News reported that Chao was a member of the board at Bloomberg Philanthropies which in 2011 invested $50 million into the Sierra Club’s Beyond Coal campaign — and their “effort to retire one-third of the nation’s aging coal fleet by 2020.” The investment was announced before Chao joined the board in 2012.

In response, Bissett wrote a letter to the eight lawmakers which he said has been sent in hard copy to each of the legislators as well as an electronic copy to House Majority Leader Adkins’ personal email.

In the letter, Bissett said that he understands the Kentucky U.S. Senate race can “force politicians to act along partisan lines.” But Bissett said the Kentucky Coal Association board had reviewed the letter from the lawmakers and decided that because of the timeline of Secretary Chao’s membership in relation to the decision to give money to the Sierra Club, they stood behind her on the issue.

“The Kentucky Coal Association and its board are supportive of Secretary Chao’s service on the board of Bloomberg Philanthropies and Wells Fargo,” Bissett wrote to the lawmakers.“Since her appointment, her involvement as a proven pro-coal person has given Kentuckians someone ‘on the inside’ of those boards who can express our views and explain the social and economic harm that has been caused in the past.”

In a statement earlier in the day, Bissett said the Kentucky Coal Association has not received any such letter from the lawmakers but noted that if the group of lawmakers has an issue with Secretary Chao’s actions, they should direct their efforts toward her.

“While we appreciate the pro-coal positions and past actions of many of the elected leaders who signed this letter, it is important to focus on the severe economic damage that President Barack Obama and Senator Harry Reid have caused Eastern Kentucky and our coal industry,” Bissett said.“While I understand the need for these elected officials to support candidates of their own party, it is also necessary that KCA correct the public record.”

The Associated Press , reported last week Bissett said he has no doubts about McConnell’s support for the industry.

In response to the latest story, the McConnell campaign said the article was just another distraction.

“Alison Lundergan Grimes and her liberal allies are stooping to the lowest levels of desperation in their quest to implement the Obama agenda, but attacking a high achieving Kentucky woman only further proves Grimes’ hypocrisy on women’s issues,” McConnell spokeswoman Allison Moore said in a statement.

The campaign of Democratic candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes has not yet commented on the coal controversy. And in an interview with the Lexington Herald-Leader Monday, McConnell said he would suggest not bringing family into the campaign—hinting that he would be prepared to bring the past of Grimes’ father Jerry Lundergan into the campaign.

“If they want to start bringing family into it, if I were Jerry Lundergan’s daughter, I’d have second thoughts about that,” McConnell told the Herald-Leader."
going down

Radcliff, KY

#61 Aug 13, 2014
Retire Mitch

United States

#62 Aug 13, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>Rich boss MAN please dont strip us of UNIONS and turn us ALL into the WORKING POOR!! We know that is what TEAM MITCH wants!! I have yet to here him say i love LABOR UNIONS I wonder why????? People you all need to WAKE UP The Party OF NO has kept you from: A livable wage, healthcare, good working conditions, and held back PROGRESS for 6 YEARS!!! If you want to continue to work 3 JOBS to make $21.00 per hour so be it... if you want your children to live in College Tuition Debt, if you want to continue to have sub-standard working conditions then by all means vote for TEAM MITCH!!! What pork has he brought to the WORKING POORS TABLE......NOTHING Fact check that!!! Oh wow he saved jobs did he improve pay and working conditions.....NO He has Obstructed unemployment from KENTUCKY PEOPLE and yes we RANK 44th in the nation!!! Where are the extensions TEAM MITCH and his buddy RAN he isnt worried about the JOBLESS RATE in KY he is worried about becoming our next President.. So much for not wanting to be a career Politician OH WELL!!! Team Mitch also supported that CROOK RICHIE FARMER an his running mate Williams, that should tell you something about the integrity of all his ads paid for and approved by his Campain!!! Folks in November take a good hard look at what you have because at the end of the day you may need 3 more jobs on top of the 3 to keep what you have!!!! Rich are GETTING RICHER and the MIDDLE CLASS are OBSOLETE!! So take a real good look in your wallet that is how I am voting to keep myself above WORKING POOR STATUS!!! My fellow poor people only we can make the difference this November!!!
Well said!!! I couldn't have said it better. Why can't people see that republicans agenda is to keep wages low and profits high. They are trying to destroy the middle class. Before Unions we had no middle class. Only very wealthy and very poor. That's where Mitch and company are trying to take us back to.
going down

Radcliff, KY

#63 Aug 14, 2014
Retire Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!!! I couldn't have said it better. Why can't people see that republicans agenda is to keep wages low and profits high. They are trying to destroy the middle class. Before Unions we had no middle class. Only very wealthy and very poor. That's where Mitch and company are trying to take us back to.
So what you're saying is that Alison Grimes-Obama is yet another Democrat bought and paid for by criminal Union thugs? Why would anyone want to vote for someone who is in the pocket of organized crime?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP at war with itself 2 min Tn clm 1,704
News Governor's order seeks to make Minnesota more b... 3 min gwww 13
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,419,154
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min JRB 222,514
News Trump immigration waffle reflects voter confusi... 1 hr Ave purisima 23
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 1 hr WelbyMD 66
News Domestic violence allegations from 1996 surface... 1 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 2
More from around the web