GOP spin on premium hikes

GOP spin on premium hikes

There are 51 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 8, 2013, titled GOP spin on premium hikes. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

"He [President Obama] said 2,500 bucks on average per family lower cost. The Congressional Budget Office, nonpartisan group, says, no, it's about 2,100 bucks more per family for individual coverage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Four Pinocchios Obama

Medford, NY

#1 Nov 8, 2013
"If you like your insurance plan, you an keep it. PERIOD"

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#3 Nov 8, 2013
Four Pinocchios Obama wrote:
"If you like your insurance plan, you an keep it. PERIOD"
Didn't read the article douche bag, did you?

The REPUBLICAN was lying - so maybe instead of running your mouth (which is all you ever do) you should READ!!!??!!!

It's stupid people like you that are ruining this country.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#4 Nov 8, 2013
This is what happens when you have people putting together a plan and do not read it before they sign and implement it and then they wonder why it won't work. Millions of Americans are hurt because of the Dems stupidity. Oh yea it is the insurance companies fault - no it is the programmers fault - no it is everyone's fault except the Dems. Can't blame the GOP for this one - they did not want it and not one voted for it - they were smart enough to know it would bankrupt America.
Four Pinocchios Obama

Medford, NY

#5 Nov 8, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't read the article douche bag, did you?
The REPUBLICAN was lying - so maybe instead of running your mouth (which is all you ever do) you should READ!!!??!!!
It's stupid people like you that are ruining this country.
Hey cheese dick, I'll be sure to read your pamphlet if ever I need instruction on how to become a deranged, pony-tailed, Birkenstock wearing fruitcake.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Nov 8, 2013
Based on the comments here It's evident that some of you haven't bothered to read the attached article. That's similar to those complaining about the policy changes and price increases who had never read the attached declaration pages to those sham Insurance plans they're now freaking out about.

It's clear to anyone who has actually had good insurance coverage that those complaining now about increases and drops never had coverage before, and definitely not coverage in the individual market.

If you had coverage in either the group market through an employer or association, or you purchased a policy on the individual market, you would have experienced the same premium increases and drops on an annual basis, increases averaging 15% and higher was common over the last 15 years.

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#7 Nov 8, 2013
The liberal ugly media of crooks led by the Washington Post try to lie to the Americans fools whose health care plan that they loved and trusted were eliminated thanks to the Liar in chief Obama behind their backs. However, more than fifteen million Americans of the private sector received letter from the private sector insurance companies that blame the Obamacare new regulations for the elimination of the health care insurance and leaving fifteen million American with no healthcare that cost twice and with deductable of three times of the health care insurance of decades. The Washington Post wicked and deceitful reporters under Obama instructions treats American people as bunch of illiterate fools who do not differentiate when they are forced to pay twice as much and having triple deductible sum or be left without healthcare whatsoever. The American people are sick and tired of the socialistic dictator who cannot say one word that American people believe which makes Obama the worst crook in the White House since 1776. Obama enjoy the unconditional appeasement of the despicable GOP spineless RINOs led by John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell and Susan Collins who keep stabbing the American people in the back in return for the support of the Obama's liberal media of their re-election.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#8 Nov 8, 2013
Jeff Brightone wrote:
The liberal ugly media of crooks led by the Washington Post try to lie to the Americans fools whose health care plan that they loved and trusted were eliminated thanks to the Liar in chief Obama behind their backs. However, more than fifteen million Americans of the private sector received letter from the private sector insurance companies that blame the Obamacare new regulations for the elimination of the health care insurance and leaving fifteen million American with no healthcare that cost twice and with deductable of three times of the health care insurance of decades. The Washington Post wicked and deceitful reporters under Obama instructions treats American people as bunch of illiterate fools who do not differentiate when they are forced to pay twice as much and having triple deductible sum or be left without healthcare whatsoever. The American people are sick and tired of the socialistic dictator who cannot say one word that American people believe which makes Obama the worst crook in the White House since 1776. Obama enjoy the unconditional appeasement of the despicable GOP spineless RINOs led by John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell and Susan Collins who keep stabbing the American people in the back in return for the support of the Obama's liberal media of their re-election.
FYI moron - guess who owns the Washington Post?

Rupert Murdoch. You remember, owner of Faux News?

Now don't you feel a little stupid. And he owns the Wall St. Journal.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#9 Nov 8, 2013
Four Pinocchios Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Hey cheese dick, I'll be sure to read your pamphlet if ever I need instruction on how to become a deranged, pony-tailed, Birkenstock wearing fruitcake.
Poor sap - you don't need a pamphlet to be deranged, since you're already there.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#10 Nov 8, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Based on the comments here It's evident that some of you haven't bothered to read the attached article. That's similar to those complaining about the policy changes and price increases who had never read the attached declaration pages to those sham Insurance plans they're now freaking out about.
It's clear to anyone who has actually had good insurance coverage that those complaining now about increases and drops never had coverage before, and definitely not coverage in the individual market.
If you had coverage in either the group market through an employer or association, or you purchased a policy on the individual market, you would have experienced the same premium increases and drops on an annual basis, increases averaging 15% and higher was common over the last 15 years.
The #1 thing they don't do is read. The ACA clearly states those who purchased sub par policies not in compliance with the ACA guidelines before March 23rd, 2010, would have those policies grandfathered in. Policies purchased after this date would not.

They never read - they parrot what Faux News tells them to say.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#11 Nov 8, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
The #1 thing they don't do is read. The ACA clearly states those who purchased sub par policies not in compliance with the ACA guidelines before March 23rd, 2010, would have those policies grandfathered in. Policies purchased after this date would not.
They never read - they parrot what Faux News tells them to say.
The people listened to the LIAR in the WH - he said "if you like your insurance you can keep it PERIOD" and he knew it was a lie every time he said it.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#12 Nov 8, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The people listened to the LIAR in the WH - he said "if you like your insurance you can keep it PERIOD" and he knew it was a lie every time he said it.
You're irrelevant old man.

Now go die somewhere.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Nov 8, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're irrelevant old man.
Now go die somewhere.
now that's no way to talk....would you want somebody to talk to your old man like that?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#14 Nov 8, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're irrelevant old man.
Now go die somewhere.
senior citizen wrote:

<quoted text>
The people listened to the LIAR in the WH - he said "if you like your insurance you can keep it PERIOD" and he knew it was a lie every time he said it. quote

Can't accept the TRUTH.

You are either too young or too stupid to realize you have been LIED to - check out what is happening in the REAL WORLD.

KEEP up your potty mouth - it seems that is the only way you DEMS can communicate

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#16 Nov 8, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>The #1 thing they don't do is read. The ACA clearly states those who purchased sub par policies not in compliance with the ACA guidelines before March 23rd, 2010, would have those policies grandfathered in. Policies purchased after this date would not.

They never read - they parrot what Faux News tells them to say.
Who says they are sub par. Oh yes Obama's Gestapo and Acorn
Four Pinocchios Obama

Medford, NY

#17 Nov 8, 2013
TonyTesticle1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor sap - you don't need a pamphlet to be deranged, since you're already there.
Did you learn to be an American-bankrupting, disordered same-sex attracted fornicator at your liberal arts college, or did you pick it up while interning for MSNBC?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#18 Nov 8, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Based on the comments here It's evident that some of you haven't bothered to read the attached article. That's similar to those complaining about the policy changes and price increases who had never read the attached declaration pages to those sham Insurance plans they're now freaking out about.
It's clear to anyone who has actually had good insurance coverage that those complaining now about increases and drops never had coverage before, and definitely not coverage in the individual market.
If you had coverage in either the group market through an employer or association, or you purchased a policy on the individual market, you would have experienced the same premium increases and drops on an annual basis, increases averaging 15% and higher was common over the last 15 years.
So, somehow this justifies the lies told by this administration? Understand this Eric. Until the ACA failure is fixed, nobody in their right mind would enter the exchanges, nor apply directly to ANY of the insurance providers. If this administration has changed the rules on the alleged grandfathered policies, what's to stop them from having policies cancelled that people are acquiring on their own? Face it and finally admit it, Odumbo f-cked up!!! This law should have never been signed in. If the politicians wanted to "repair" the insurance and healthcare system, they could have done it through regulations. Just like regulations placed on airlines and utility companies. The FDA regulates medicines. That isn't price fixing as you had claimed, it's REGULATION!! But, there is no investments to be made in regulations, but there is in mandated laws.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#20 Nov 8, 2013
Obviously, Portman is a busy man and just does
not have the time to check out the facts.
Naturally, the people at Fox wouldn't recognize
a fact if it hit them in the face so they are of
no help.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#21 Nov 8, 2013
Obama 'mispoke' about Obamacare and Hillary 'mispoke' about having to run through sniper fire.

Neither one can be trusted !!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#22 Nov 8, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
Obama 'mispoke' about Obamacare and Hillary 'mispoke' about having to run through sniper fire.
Neither one can be trusted !!
who ya gonna trust that has never 'mispoken'?

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#23 Nov 8, 2013
Four Pinocchios Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Did you learn to be an American-bankrupting, disordered same-sex attracted fornicator at your liberal arts college, or did you pick it up while interning for MSNBC?
Are you looking in the mirror while typing to yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,620,541
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Bongo 37,102
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 3 min Retired SOF 513
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min loose cannon 242,792
News Republicans ram $4 trillion budget bill through... 52 min swampmudd 44
News Stopping hate crimes against transgender Americans 1 hr Lewis 14
News Trump to halt subsidies to health insurers 1 hr Big Al 356
More from around the web