Obama signals he's open to migrant compromise

Full story: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

President Barack Obama sought Friday to accelerate momentum toward an overhaul of immigration laws, signaling that he is open to a middle-ground agreement with Republicans that a growing number of lawmakers and advocates think could achieve a far-reaching deal this year.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2014

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 31, 2014
We, as a nation, do not need immigration reform. We need immigration enforcement and border security.

Giving illegals anything short of deportation is a slap in the face to each and every immigrant that came here legally.

The fact that Obama is an admitted felon, a drug user, both hard and soft, makes it readily believable that he'd be for letting illegal aliens skate and give them a path to citizenship.

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 1, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
We, as a nation, do not need immigration reform. We need immigration enforcement and border security.
Giving illegals anything short of deportation is a slap in the face to each and every immigrant that came here legally.
The fact that Obama is an admitted felon, a drug user, both hard and soft, makes it readily believable that he'd be for letting illegal aliens skate and give them a path to citizenship.
Did you notice Obama say nothing at all about immigration during his State of the Nation speech. It's one of the biggest problem facing this country and he says nothing about it at all. Just the same crap he always throws out the best thing about the whole speech was when he he had the wounded solder get up and address Congress under applause.Anything but complete enforcement of are immigration laws and we start rounding up these illegals and shipping them back home or this country will be lost without any power. Because allowing people who are breaking are laws being here illegal is a slap in the face to my great grand parents who came here legally and the correct way. But Obama trying to be the good guy to the Hispanic here and hoping the liberal democrats can keep power in the senate at least at the mid term election.
Jose

New York, NY

#3 Feb 1, 2014
Airtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice Obama say nothing at all about immigration during his State of the Nation speech. It's one of the biggest problem facing this country and he says nothing about it at all. Just the same crap he always throws out the best thing about the whole speech was when he he had the wounded solder get up and address Congress under applause.Anything but complete enforcement of are immigration laws and we start rounding up these illegals and shipping them back home or this country will be lost without any power. Because allowing people who are breaking are laws being here illegal is a slap in the face to my great grand parents who came here legally and the correct way. But Obama trying to be the good guy to the Hispanic here and hoping the liberal democrats can keep power in the senate at least at the mid term election.
Stuff it anglo! Obama Rocks!!!:)

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Feb 1, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> Stuff it anglo! Obama Rocks!!!:)
No he doesn't go back to your waste land of a country so you STFU you have no rights or what happens here period.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 1, 2014
Airtime wrote:
<quoted text>
No he doesn't go back to your waste land of a country so you STFU you have no rights or what happens here period.
pay no mind to jose the illegal.he is the kind we try to keep out.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Feb 1, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
We, as a nation, do not need immigration reform. We need immigration enforcement and border security.
Giving illegals anything short of deportation is a slap in the face to each and every immigrant that came here legally.
The fact that Obama is an admitted felon, a drug user, both hard and soft, makes it readily believable that he'd be for letting illegal aliens skate and give them a path to citizenship.
worst worst worst president ever.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Feb 1, 2014
Airtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice Obama say nothing at all about immigration during his State of the Nation speech. It's one of the biggest problem facing this country and he says nothing about it at all. Just the same crap he always throws out the best thing about the whole speech was when he he had the wounded solder get up and address Congress under applause.Anything but complete enforcement of are immigration laws and we start rounding up these illegals and shipping them back home or this country will be lost without any power. Because allowing people who are breaking are laws being here illegal is a slap in the face to my great grand parents who came here legally and the correct way. But Obama trying to be the good guy to the Hispanic here and hoping the liberal democrats can keep power in the senate at least at the mid term election.
he can not keep the senate he is done.lame duck.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#8 Feb 1, 2014
Airtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice Obama say nothing at all about immigration during his State of the Nation speech..
Enjoy:

President Obama urged Congress in his State of the Union speech to “fix our broken immigration system,” saying both political parties stood to gain by helping millions of undocumented immigrants get a legal foothold in America.

“Independent economists say immigration reform will grow our economy and shrink our deficits by almost $1 trillion in the next two decades,” he said.“And for good reason: When people come here to fulfill their dreams – to study, invent and contribute to our culture – they make our country a more attractive place for businesses to locate and create jobs for everyone.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politi...

Next Grinch .....

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 1, 2014
wild child wrote:
<quoted text>pay no mind to jose the illegal.he is the kind we try to keep out.
Oh I am not he's just a uneducated moron and needs to go away back to Mexico and stay away.

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Feb 1, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy:
President Obama urged Congress in his State of the Union speech to “fix our broken immigration system,” saying both political parties stood to gain by helping millions of undocumented immigrants get a legal foothold in America.
“Independent economists say immigration reform will grow our economy and shrink our deficits by almost $1 trillion in the next two decades,” he said.“And for good reason: When people come here to fulfill their dreams – to study, invent and contribute to our culture – they make our country a more attractive place for businesses to locate and create jobs for everyone.”
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politi...
Next Grinch .....
You are completely wrong the Hispanic who come here illegally have cost us billions of dollars from the clog up ER of hospital that tax payers have pick up there bills for health care cost. And to make them citizens when they broken the laws and reward them with citizenship is not right.And on top of it taken jobs from real American who was born here and these illegal have taken away the jobs that would be for Americans if you think that's right then you have a problem.if you going to come here legal that's different story and I am ok with that but do that.

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#11 Feb 3, 2014
Obama lies every day I don't think he knows how to tell the truth and nobody's trying to impeach him.
So why pick on governor Christie, Oh I forgot governor Christie is a republican.

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#12 Feb 17, 2014
Obama has violated the U.S. Constitution, the highest law in the land.

Think about this. Suppose a Republican were in the White House and unilaterally decided to stop enforcing the Civil Rights Act? Or maybe, with a stroke of his pen, decide to bring the highest tax rate down to 0%? Yeah, or maybe he could decide that every socialist policy enacted by Democrats over the last 75 years are all unconstitutional, so by executive order he decided to just abolish all of them?

So you see, our system, by design, prevents concentration of power in a single branch of government, including the executive. Obama is the chief of all lawbreakers.

Too bad testosterone starved wimps like John Boehner won't exercise the power of the Legislative branch to bring Obama into line or kick his lying, law breaking ass out of office.

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 Feb 17, 2014
squeezers wrote:
Obama has violated the U.S. Constitution, the highest law in the land.
Think about this. Suppose a Republican were in the White House and unilaterally decided to stop enforcing the Civil Rights Act? Or maybe, with a stroke of his pen, decide to bring the highest tax rate down to 0%? Yeah, or maybe he could decide that every socialist policy enacted by Democrats over the last 75 years are all unconstitutional, so by executive order he decided to just abolish all of them?
So you see, our system, by design, prevents concentration of power in a single branch of government, including the executive. Obama is the chief of all lawbreakers.
Too bad testosterone starved wimps like John Boehner won't exercise the power of the Legislative branch to bring Obama into line or kick his lying, law breaking ass out of office.
You know what the back lash the republicans would get from all the left wing liberals saying there trying to bring the country to it's knees and they would be blame for it.The worse is because Obama is black and many would say it would be a racist move on republican part that's why they have not brought up the impeachment act of Obama. There can't be any other reason why they haven't. Obama would have to do something serous and get caught red hand with the smoking gun in hand to be impeach right now but there is 2 years left not over yet it could still happen.

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#14 Feb 17, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy:
President Obama urged Congress in his State of the Union speech to “fix our broken immigration system,” saying both political parties stood to gain by helping millions of undocumented immigrants get a legal foothold in America.
“Independent economists say immigration reform will grow our economy and shrink our deficits by almost $1 trillion in the next two decades,” he said.“And for good reason: When people come here to fulfill their dreams – to study, invent and contribute to our culture – they make our country a more attractive place for businesses to locate and create jobs for everyone.”
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politi...
Next Grinch .....
The immigration system is not broken go by the laws we have now it doesn't need to be fixed. The left wing liberal want the 12 million illegals made citizen they looking for there's votes to stay in office period. That is the wrong way to get votes by breaking the law but what do you expect from a liberal yes for me and screw all the rest.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#15 Feb 17, 2014
Compromise? Really? Change the laws to add millions of criminals to the population? Really? I bet not.

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 17, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Compromise? Really? Change the laws to add millions of criminals to the population? Really? I bet not.
Well if the left wing liberals get what they want. That's exactly what they want to do it's all about votes and money nothing else.Who said being a crook doesn't pay it's happening right before are eyes.

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17 Feb 17, 2014
squeezers wrote:
Obama lies every day I don't think he knows how to tell the truth and nobody's trying to impeach him.
So why pick on governor Christie, Oh I forgot governor Christie is a republican.
Obama had a good teacher Billy Clinton and his bitch of a wife Hillary he has been a good student. They know you can lie like a rug and nothing will happen people don't care just give me my welfare check and leave me alone.

That didn't take a rocket sciences to know why they want to impeach Christie he's a republicans
duh his 2016 bid is cook done.

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18 Feb 17, 2014
The only way Obama is going to be impeached is getting caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jug stealing. But most Liberal don't give a crap they don't care if he's using tax dollars having sex in the oval office with a hooker or snorting drugs off the desk of the desk there. But you touch the money for the welfare people and cut it or get rid of the free ride you watch how fast they call for his nuts on a rope like right now.

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#19 Feb 17, 2014
Airtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama had a good teacher Billy Clinton and his bitch of a wife Hillary he has been a good student. They know you can lie like a rug and nothing will happen people don't care just give me my welfare check and leave me alone.
That didn't take a rocket sciences to know why they want to impeach Christie he's a republicans
duh his 2016 bid is cook done.
Isn't that the truth....

“buona giornata persone. ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Feb 17, 2014
squeezers wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that the truth....
Now only if the left wing liberals will listen. I doubt it they are on a different planet then us real people it's call I don't care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's immigration decision could roil 2014 el... 9 min wild child 24
Perry, Paul bash Obama for 'no strategy' on Syria 19 min Tea Party Supporter 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min GOP R Idiots 1,100,503
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,408
Durbin Says President Should Take Unilateral Ac... 34 min dirtbag1958 1
Utah university removes Harry Reid's name from ... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 2
Senate candidate Tennant makes stop in Wellsburg 1 hr The Punisher 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Senate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••