Insight: Bipartisan Senate group on p...

Insight: Bipartisan Senate group on path to immigration bill

There are 30 comments on the reuters.com story from Mar 21, 2013, titled Insight: Bipartisan Senate group on path to immigration bill. In it, reuters.com reports that:

In a Congress riven by partisan conflict on deficits and guns, a circle of eight senators from both parties meeting several times a week might be on the cusp of a major legislative breakthrough.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at reuters.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hope

Shrewsbury, MA

#1 Mar 21, 2013
Nothing is impossible when you have
God by your side....
You can believe it.....
Thanks....
Nanuq

Marietta, GA

#2 Mar 21, 2013
Hope wrote:
Nothing is impossible when you have
God by your side....
You can believe it.....
Thanks....
you have God and those who value life on your side ! We are stronger than few
real thruth speaker

Dallas, TX

#3 Mar 21, 2013
I like the change they are making in calling it "path to a green card..." I think the people can get the real picture that this is not an amnesty. I also hope that my neighbors and church members can get a permit to work legally. They are good people that only wants to work for thrir parents and children... that's not a crime!
potter

San Francisco, CA

#4 Mar 21, 2013
All the elements leading to the passing of immigration reform are there. Democrats,GOPs , labor unions, commerce, evangelicals, sheriffs etc. are all in sync for calling for the reform. I hope it will happen this time.
nnnnk

Methuen, MA

#5 Mar 21, 2013
Give them green if you humanitarian business

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Mar 21, 2013
potter wrote:
All the elements leading to the passing of immigration reform are there. Democrats,GOPs , labor unions, commerce, evangelicals, sheriffs etc. are all in sync for calling for the reform. I hope it will happen this time.
reform would be if this administration enforced laws,another foolish shamnesty we do not need.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#9 Mar 21, 2013
Good people do not break the law. If Rand Paul, or any Republican Presidential candidate adopts making illegal aliens citizens, they will lose whtever office they are seeking. We are a country of laws. No american can go to another country, and squat until they become legal. That is nuts. The American people will not allow any criminal element to change our laws on immigration. Any politician that tries it is finished as an office holder.
Nanuq

Marietta, GA

#10 Mar 21, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Good people do not break the law. If Rand Paul, or any Republican Presidential candidate adopts making illegal aliens citizens, they will lose whtever office they are seeking. We are a country of laws. No american can go to another country, and squat until they become legal. That is nuts. The American people will not allow any criminal element to change our laws on immigration. Any politician that tries it is finished as an office holder.
really?!?! Get you pills you nazi freak!
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#11 Mar 21, 2013
No, there will be no pathway to citizenship. The Democrats are in charge. You love them, where is their immigration reform? It went the way of their gun ban. You people have been scammed again, because you are so stupid you believe anything. If the Republicans join the Democrats there will be a strong 3rd party that wins everything next election. We will not rewrite the laws for criminals.
Nanuq

Duluth, GA

#12 Mar 21, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
No, there will be no pathway to citizenship. The Democrats are in charge. You love them, where is their immigration reform? It went the way of their gun ban. You people have been scammed again, because you are so stupid you believe anything. If the Republicans join the Democrats there will be a strong 3rd party that wins everything next election. We will not rewrite the laws for criminals.
try morphine
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#13 Mar 21, 2013
Uneducated illegals of all cultures will not qualify.....And the rest will be given green cards and tracking devices so when it's time to go home, they either leave or ICE will be hot on their tails, and they will be given certain felonies that will include deportation.All the leftovers will be rounded up, their employers fined or they'll lose their business licenses and those illegals will be forced to leave there McDonalds jobs and go home...
potter

San Francisco, CA

#14 Mar 21, 2013
The reality that immigration reform will happen this year is very big. Most of the people that are very insecure that this will happen are those citizens who have no degree because they have to compete for jobs with the newly legalized people.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#15 Mar 21, 2013
potter wrote:
The reality that immigration reform will happen this year is very big. Most of the people that are very insecure that this will happen are those citizens who have no degree because they have to compete for jobs with the newly legalized people.
I'm glad I didn't get a degree. I might have ended up being as stupid as the idiots that are making these decisions. Only an educated idiot can't see the mistakes that are being made.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 21, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I didn't get a degree. I might have ended up being as stupid as the idiots that are making these decisions. Only an educated idiot can't see the mistakes that are being made.
not all folks with degrees was slow enough to let the lib garbage sink into their heads,must be from all the dope and what not that made them easy targets. kind of brain dead zombies going against the country and her peoples.
Rosa21

United States

#17 Mar 21, 2013
Nanuq wrote:
<quoted text> really?!?! Get you pills you nazi freak!
are you afraid the illegals when they become legal is going to take your job? that is if you have a job, America does not belongs to you. get a life you idiot.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#18 Mar 21, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
not all folks with degrees was slow enough to let the lib garbage sink into their heads,must be from all the dope and what not that made them easy targets. kind of brain dead zombies going against the country and her peoples.
The people want a pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers. You are in the MINORITY.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#19 Mar 21, 2013
No, we are afraid that people who have no respect for the law, who enter the country illegally, will continue their criminal behavior after they are given citizenship. These are not the kind of people you want as neighbors, or countrymen. Other countries are also dumping the worst of their worst citizens on America, and our politicians are being paid to overlook their shortcomings.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#20 Mar 21, 2013
If you want to see how Americans really feel about accepting the criminal element as citizen watch how many politicians that vote for this are tossed out of office in the very next election.
Nanuq

Marietta, GA

#21 Mar 22, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
there's no degree available for you ! Continue dipping and have a beer

Location hidden

#22 Mar 22, 2013
Freedomx4 wrote:
<quoted text>The people want a pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers. You are in the MINORITY.
the only time polls show that is when illegal aliens and their family are the only ones polled.

the working citizens and the unemployed citizen do not. all know illegal aliens make all things rough on all. over crowd schools,bring down wages,close hospitals,drain social services,bring down property values,human crime waves. the list goes on.

say what you will yet criminals are the minority and that is what illegal aliens are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Snowball the Elep... 1,275,858
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 11 min taletha 203
News Trump would deport children of illegal immigrants 21 min Sal 456
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min JRB 197,019
News Bernie Sanders To Introduce Legislation Abolish... 1 hr Swedenforever 26
News Cruz opposes 'birthright citizenship' 1 hr Swedenforever 2
News Trump, Carson in close fight in Iowa poll 1 hr Swedenforever 21
More from around the web