How VA clinics falsified appointment ...

How VA clinics falsified appointment records

There are 160 comments on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from May 27, 2014, titled How VA clinics falsified appointment records. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

Fake appointments, unofficial logs kept on the sly and appointments made without telling the patient are among tricks used to disguise delays in seeing and treating veterans at Veterans Affairs hospitals and clinics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#1 May 27, 2014
SADDEST thing..Americans ever heard of!! NOT the VA!! makes me FUMIN' UPTIGHT!!! WE taxpayers want answers AS to WHY this has happened and WORSE yet...ALLOWED?????
spocko

Oakland, CA

#2 May 27, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
SADDEST thing..Americans ever heard of!! NOT the VA!! makes me FUMIN' UPTIGHT!!! WE taxpayers want answers AS to WHY this has happened and WORSE yet...ALLOWED?????
Surely you remember the Bush administration’s claim of the “slam-dunk” that the aggression towards Iran would be over in a few short weeks, all paid for by the new Iran Gov’t with money from oil revenues. Yet here we are $2 Trillion later with the taxpayer holding the bag. Not only was Gdub warned that his two wars could cost as much as $6 trillion as the US will have to deal with rebuilding the ME and taking care of returning soldiers. Gdub was warned of a serious shortage of doctors and nurses at VA hospitals for many years to come trying to accommodate over a million new veterans – it was ignored! So you see, while republicans are “starving the beast” and filibustering veterans benefits and refusing to allocate the funding requested for the VA ... Republicans are “creating the beast”.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#3 May 27, 2014
Well it's been happening since 2008falsifying records in everything. I just can't believe Obama would do that in order to look good in this situation.After they fight for his nasty azz and he's a Muslim and antiamerican.
just wondering

Oakland, CA

#4 May 27, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you remember the Bush administration’s claim of the “slam-dunk” that the aggression towards Iran would be over in a few short weeks, all paid for by the new Iran Gov’t with money from oil revenues. Yet here we are $2 Trillion later with the taxpayer holding the bag. Not only was Gdub warned that his two wars could cost as much as $6 trillion as the US will have to deal with rebuilding the ME and taking care of returning soldiers. Gdub was warned of a serious shortage of doctors and nurses at VA hospitals for many years to come trying to accommodate over a million new veterans – it was ignored! So you see, while republicans are “starving the beast” and filibustering veterans benefits and refusing to allocate the funding requested for the VA ... Republicans are “creating the beast”.
The truth hurts don't it ...
Viet Nam Veteran

Chillicothe, OH

#5 May 27, 2014
Instead of expanding the VAs geographic service area, it should concentrate on expanding the service at existing locations. New locations mean additional support staff, existing locations already have the support staff and only need additional Doctors to increase their service.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 May 27, 2014
see the light wrote:
Well it's been happening since 2008falsifying records in everything. I just can't believe Obama would do that in order to look good in this situation.After they fight for his nasty azz and he's a Muslim and antiamerican.
Gofuckyourself, and that's the friendliest thing I could say to you.

Location hidden

#7 May 27, 2014
By cooking the books, these creeps were indirectly killing people. That should not go unpunished.

“So Long Friends”

Since: Oct 10

Screw the Rest of You

#8 May 27, 2014
The VA "scandal" is the new , fake GOP shocker they're pivoting to since 'Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi!' started to fall through.

They don't give a damn about vets, of course, or they'd have been fixing things throughout the misrule of 'Dumbya' Boosh. Or at least they'd have pushed for more VA funding in February instead of defeating it.

But we know ReTHUGlicans are incapable of anything but dishonesty and thuggery. They deserve to be exposed and voted out of office.

“So Long Friends”

Since: Oct 10

Screw the Rest of You

#9 May 27, 2014
see the light wrote:
Since Mr. Obama didn't become President until January, 2009, I guess even you have to admit that SOME of it was Bush's fault.

In truth it's a lot more than 'some of it.' But the truth to you is like garlic to a vampire.

Location hidden

#10 May 27, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Mr. Obama didn't become President until January, 2009, I guess even you have to admit that SOME of it was Bush's fault.
In truth it's a lot more than 'some of it.' But the truth to you is like garlic to a vampire.
Bush helped create the backlog by "contributing" so many veterans from two unnecessary wars.

In addition, I would caution you about the futility of trying to talk sense to "see the light".

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#11 May 27, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares when it started?
The fact is that both Obama and Shinseki knew about the falsification of records from the very first day of the Obama administration, actually earlier.
The fact is that Obama promised to address the problem.
The fact is that neither Obama nor Shinseki did anything to correct the problem.
Now, Obama says he won't tolerate it, period.
The fact is that Obama has tolerated it for his entire administration.
And, by refusing to hold Shinseki responsible he expects the veterans to tolerate it, too.
Disgraceful and shameful.
well

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 May 27, 2014
What more can be expected of unionized federal govt. employees ? Can't fire them and they expect and get bonuses for falsifying performance records.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#13 May 27, 2014
the loons are scrambling, trying desperately to blame this on republicans ...
meanwhile, not even a notice that Obama weighed in on the Travon Martin incident, the New Haven police inicident and the Donald Sterling entrapment within moments ... THIS took him 3 weeks to even acknowledge!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#14 May 27, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares when it started?
The fact is that both Obama and Shinseki knew about the falsification of records from the very first day of the Obama administration, actually earlier.
The fact is that Obama promised to address the problem.
The fact is that neither Obama nor Shinseki did anything to correct the problem.
Now, Obama says he won't tolerate it, period.
The fact is that Obama has tolerated it for his entire administration.
And, by refusing to hold Shinseki responsible he expects the veterans to tolerate it, too.
Disgraceful and shameful.
the truth really p.isses off the libs...

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#15 May 27, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops..........stepped on your tee tee again.

Dem candidate running on Obama impeachment...

Paris

#16 May 27, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Bush helped create the backlog by "contributing" so many veterans from two unnecessary wars.
In addition, I would caution you about the futility of trying to talk sense to "see the light".
CNN.com - Hillary Clinton: No regret on Iraq vote - Apr 21 ...

www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/21/iraq.hilla...

Apr 21, 2004 · Hillary Clinton: No regret on Iraq vote ... Clinton, the former first lady, voted in favor of the Iraq war resolution in October 2002....

Paris

#17 May 27, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
The VA "scandal" is the new , fake GOP shocker they're pivoting to since 'Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi!' started to fall through.
They don't give a damn about vets, of course, or they'd have been fixing things throughout the misrule of 'Dumbya' Boosh. Or at least they'd have pushed for more VA funding in February instead of defeating it.
But we know ReTHUGlicans are incapable of anything but dishonesty and thuggery. They deserve to be exposed and voted out of office.
Voter registrations are not divided between military and not military, so a hard number is not available. However, exit polls shows that among those who were ever in the military, 54% voted for McCain.

Source:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results ...
see the light

El Paso, TX

#18 May 27, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he or did he not, appoint Shtzni?
see the light

El Paso, TX

#19 May 27, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Gofuckyourself, and that's the friendliest thing I could say to you.
What's the matter Wolfman, can't take the truth?
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#20 May 27, 2014
The very nature of statistics opens them up to manipulation. Especially taken out of context or misused. Fraudulent numbers/ false data guarantees things never change because the data used for change was inaccurate. That being said I guarantee you government bureaucrats and cya employees have been doing this for YEARS if not decades. This goes on in the private sector as well. Why do you think many companies get trashed by the customer and yet they'll tell you they are winning awards and getting high ratings from various survey companies. Also next time you are given a survey pay attention to the wording of the questions-they are designed to limit YOUR answers and illicit certain responses if you are honest

All that being said Veterans Health Care is not about statistics. It's about delivering actual health care. Falsifying government/patient records should be a fireable offense and prosecuted as fraud. This is why the VA head and his top officials need to be fired because they have circled the wagons to protect their own and not fix Veterans Health Care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Dr Guru 216,942
News The Republican Party is dead 1 hr Quirky 1,808
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Bill 1,395,959
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr River Tam 13,149
News Former astronaut scoffs at global warming (Feb '09) 2 hr Earthling-1 2,405
News Clinton scores prized endorsement from Gov. Jer... 3 hr Clintondreamers 41
News Conservative Christians Grapple With Whether 'R... 4 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
More from around the web