Senate rejects Paul Ryan budget

Mar 21, 2013 Full story: CBS News 67

The GOP's most ardent tea partyers - Rand Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah - opposed the measure, which projects a balanced budget in a decade but relies on $600 billion-plus in tax revenues on the wealthy enacted in January to do it.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
linda

Owens Cross Roads, AL

#1 Mar 21, 2013
Agian,Nothings done
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#2 Mar 22, 2013
No surprise, America rejected Paul Lyin just last November.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#3 Mar 22, 2013
linda wrote:
Agian,Nothings done
Um, not true. Senate rejects Paul Ryan budget.
Anonymous

Owasso, OK

#4 Mar 22, 2013
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, not true. Senate rejects Paul Ryan budget.
Yes, now if there could be a budget from our President as law requires.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#5 Mar 22, 2013
This isn't surprising this is the same Republican Budget proposal they've offered every term the Republicans have held a majority in the House of Representatives.

Not once since the Republicans won the Majority back in the early 90s has any of the Budgets proposed by Republicans survived the Senate.

This is the same proposal that Romney/Ryan campaigned on in Nov and, the surgeon is still trying to find Obama's foot in Ryan and Romney's behind.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#6 Mar 22, 2013
hol dat thought wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, now if there could be a budget from our President as law requires.
The House Republican proposal is never adopted and shot down, just as Obama's proposal is shot down by the Republicans, that's not unusual.

What's the hurry? The President's request is one month late?

Fiscal year begins Oct 1....... that's 6 months away.
Aria

Canyon Lake, TX

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Taxed Enough Already! Go tea party!

“KONA, baby!”

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Mar 22, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
The House Republican proposal is never adopted and shot down, just as Obama's proposal is shot down by the Republicans, that's not unusual.
What's the hurry? The President's request is one month late?
Fiscal year begins Oct 1....... that's 6 months away.
No, Obama's proposals are shot down by the entire congress. His budgets have not received the first vote. Big difference, chief.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#9 Mar 22, 2013
Pappa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Obama's proposals are shot down by the entire congress. His budgets have not received the first vote. Big difference, chief.
eric is like "larry wolf", or "responsibility"...
totally clueless, but very vocal...

where i come from, they're called morons. we have special classes for people like them in the schools...they even get they're own (albeit, very short) bus!

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#10 Mar 22, 2013
Not a single Democrat voted for the budget. Probably because they realize they they'd be expected to live within it. Clearly, the Democrats would rather continue to spend without regard to the ability of the American people to pay. Now, they'll try to say they defended the middle class, all the while hoping that the middle class won't realize that the Democrats have just increased the tax burden even more than ever. And, there's still no plan to reduce that burden. Somehow, the democrats still believe that increasing taxes will reduce the middle class burden.
Kyle Broadneck

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Mar 22, 2013
Why is our government so unamerican? Paul Ryan has been trying so hard to save America while Obama is over in Israel making enemies, like reported on Fox News yesterday.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#12 Mar 22, 2013
Kyle Broadneck wrote:
Why is our government so unamerican? Paul Ryan has been trying so hard to save America while Obama is over in Israel making enemies, like reported on Fox News yesterday.
Our government is uniquely American.
Paul Ryan doesn't even have the united support of his own party.
quoting posted article...

'Five Republicans joined every Democrat present to kill the measure, which failed on a 40-59 vote.

The GOP's most ardent tea partyers Rand Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah opposed the measure...'

what enemy has Obama added?
On this trip the only people he has upset is the extreme right.
Who wake up every morning upset.
This morning film of Obama's speech is posted on he net. The President was interrupted by a pro-settlement activist. The audience booed the heckler and then gave Obama a standing ovation.
The day before a reporter asked a series of questions, Netanyahu called the reporter 'Talmuidic" and un-kosher for hogging the stage... It was reported differently here, but the video is available on that too.
So who has Obama pissed off thats new and how did he do it and do you have any proof?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#13 Mar 22, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
Not a single Democrat voted for the budget. Probably because they realize they they'd be expected to live within it. Clearly, the Democrats would rather continue to spend without regard to the ability of the American people to pay. Now, they'll try to say they defended the middle class, all the while hoping that the middle class won't realize that the Democrats have just increased the tax burden even more than ever. And, there's still no plan to reduce that burden. Somehow, the democrats still believe that increasing taxes will reduce the middle class burden.
So does that make Paul and Cruz Democrats?
The Ryan budget accepts the recent tax increase.....
You can not be even remotely serious about a balanced budget if taxes are off the table.
So pick your poison do you want spending cuts, with no new revenue, that will not balance the budget
Or a mix that can reduce deficit
see the light

El Paso, TX

#14 Mar 22, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
This isn't surprising this is the same Republican Budget proposal they've offered every term the Republicans have held a majority in the House of Representatives.
Not once since the Republicans won the Majority back in the early 90s has any of the Budgets proposed by Republicans survived the Senate.
This is the same proposal that Romney/Ryan campaigned on in Nov and, the surgeon is still trying to find Obama's foot in Ryan and Romney's behind.
For once the Senate might try coming up with a budget, or better yet the President could do his job-make a budget. But that won't happen.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#15 Mar 22, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
So does that make Paul and Cruz Democrats?
The Ryan budget accepts the recent tax increase.....
You can not be even remotely serious about a balanced budget if taxes are off the table.
So pick your poison do you want spending cuts, with no new revenue, that will not balance the budget
Or a mix that can reduce deficit
It's called compromise, dear child. You put a bit of sweetness in to makethe medicine taste better.
The tax increase is accepted in Ryan's budget as you say. Still the Democrat brats won't say "Aah" and accept the medicine.
Kyle Broadneck

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Mar 22, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Our government is uniquely American.
Paul Ryan doesn't even have the united support of his own party.
quoting posted article...
'Five Republicans joined every Democrat present to kill the measure, which failed on a 40-59 vote.
The GOP's most ardent tea partyers Rand Paul of Kentucky, Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah opposed the measure...'
what enemy has Obama added?
On this trip the only people he has upset is the extreme right.
Who wake up every morning upset.
This morning film of Obama's speech is posted on he net. The President was interrupted by a pro-settlement activist. The audience booed the heckler and then gave Obama a standing ovation.
The day before a reporter asked a series of questions, Netanyahu called the reporter 'Talmuidic" and un-kosher for hogging the stage... It was reported differently here, but the video is available on that too.
So who has Obama pissed off thats new and how did he do it and do you have any proof?
I like the tea party. I dont know if Ryan really likes them but he does respect them. He against letting the middle class steal the wealth the job creators deserve. We need to use Ryans budget to keep America from sinking before it to late,

If you watched Fox News yesterday, you would know that he was making enemies with Israel when he made his speech over there. I dont think Fox likes Obama any more than the tea party does.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#17 Mar 22, 2013
Kyle Broadneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the tea party. I dont know if Ryan really likes them but he does respect them. He against letting the middle class steal the wealth the job creators deserve. We need to use Ryans budget to keep America from sinking before it to late,
If you watched Fox News yesterday, you would know that he was making enemies with Israel when he made his speech over there. I dont think Fox likes Obama any more than the tea party does.
I watch fox to see GOP spin not to see facts.
I use a variety of sources and I don't only listen to what i agree with.
I was GOP now an ill fitted democrat.
That job creator line is bunk US based corporations have record cash sitting on their books.
Two things hold up the flow of cash neither are corporate taxes

1) We seem to never kill old or inefficient regulations, we just paper new regulation over old. Also states have redundant regulations that make you jump through the same hoop twice. The aims of regulation are for the most part just, but the crying need for overhaul is obvious.
2) The middle class has to be able to buy things. If you make cars and no one is buying... you make fewer cars..which requires less labor....resulting in fewer cars sold....which means....
This cycle has to be broken in order to get money flowing again.
When we do all boats rise and a virtuous cycle emerges.
Billy Ringo

United States

#18 Mar 22, 2013
Guess little Eddie Munster didn't get the message last November.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#19 Mar 22, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
eric is like "larry wolf", or "responsibility"...
totally clueless, but very vocal...
where i come from, they're called morons. we have special classes for people like them in the schools...they even get they're own (albeit, very short) bus!
And you are like you...Totally arrogant, and from the shallow end of the gene pool.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Mar 22, 2013
Billy Ringo wrote:
Guess little Eddie Munster didn't get the message last November.
Ryan's 15 minutes of fame are almost up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,109,059
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 20 min Victim of Diversity 463
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Learn to Read 177,967
Fact check: Perdue distorts Nunn campaign memoF... 1 hr Le Jimbo 1
D.C. statehood 1 hr Le Jimbo 2
ISIS fight: Congress could vote as early as Wed... 2 hr Go Blue Forever 2
NJ Gov. Chris Christie visiting South Carolina 2 hr Go Blue Forever 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Senate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••