Supreme Court strikes down US limits ...

Supreme Court strikes down US limits on overall contributions to candidates, parties...

There are 30 comments on the Nanaimo Daily News story from Apr 2, 2014, titled Supreme Court strikes down US limits on overall contributions to candidates, parties.... In it, Nanaimo Daily News reports that:

The Supreme Court struck down limits Wednesday in U.S. law on the overall campaign contributions the biggest individual donors may make to candidates, political parties and political action committees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nanaimo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#21 Apr 3, 2014
Goodbye democracy. R.I.P.
Sgt Common Sense

Denver, CO

#22 Apr 3, 2014
FINALLY, billionaires catch a break.

Location hidden

#23 Apr 3, 2014
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
FINALLY, billionaires catch a break.
It's the American way, one-man, 2 million votes.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#24 Apr 3, 2014
If money is no speech, then bribery is a free speech right.

So let's cut to the chase and just let the rich directly purchase state electors.
Turd Control Squad

San Antonio, TX

#25 Apr 3, 2014
The Supreme Court has become the masters of America. If you don't like their decision-making, then you are just another worthless revenue-producing insect. America stopped being free a long, long time ago. There's justice and then there's Just Us.

Location hidden

#26 Apr 3, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
Even before this ruling, the election to replace Jesse Jackson, Jr.(Illinois) was bought and paid for by Bloomberg's PAC.
It just doesn't seem right that someone from OUTSIDE the area can dump boatloads of money to promote THEIR AGENDA and influence a local election.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-15...
It goes both ways, Eleanor. That is why the Supreme Court ruling attacks the very meaning of democracy.
The question now is who is buying the Supreme Court?
W Buffet

New Salem, ND

#27 Apr 3, 2014
Finally! Going through all the shell corporations was getting tedious.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#28 Apr 3, 2014
Super-Pacs must be abandoned!
Super-Pacs must be prohibited!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters must occur in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia now!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia
will cause reconstruction-demands in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia
will increase Japan's, China's, Taiwan's, South-Korea's, Germany's and Russia's domestic-demands!

will decrease supplies from Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia!

Japan must have military-draft-system of Japan in Japan now!
All Japs between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
All Japanese-men and all Japanese-boys between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!
All Japanese-women and all Japanese-girls between the age of 18 and 27 must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan and Germany must increase their military-budgets and military-forces now!
Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, British, Italy and Germany must protect Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, British, Italy and Germany by themselves now!

Remember Pearl Harbor!
Finally, Japan will be destroyed!
Japan, China, Taiwan South-Korea, Germany and Russia are evil-fascism-communism-empires !

We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.! I love American-99%!
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#31 Apr 4, 2014
Politicians available to the highest bidder to sell out the USA.

This ruling is UNCONSTITUTIONAL EVIL AND WILL FURTHER DSTROY THE USA.
nana

Hanoi, Vietnam

#33 Apr 7, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Goodbye democracy. R.I.P.
me much like posts does. you can click: http://adf.ly/6509114/kiemtien

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Breyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court rules illegal immigrants detained... Jun '17 spytheweb 1
News Supreme Court appears favorable to Secret Servi... (Mar '12) Jun '17 Grecian Formula 3... 24
News Candidates for U.S. citizenship take the oath o... Apr '17 Mizike 4
News News 24 Mins Ago Hello? Justice Stephen Breyer'... Apr '17 RustyS 3
News Ring-ring: Cellphone interrupts Supreme Court h... Apr '17 better call Saul 1
News Missouri's Jewish Governor At Center Of High St... Apr '17 Trumpenstien Poli... 3
News Supreme Court justices side with church in play... Apr '17 Sick of Bigots an... 1
More from around the web