Justice Ginsburg: 'At My Age You Take It Year By Year'

Dec 17, 2013 Full story: CBS Local 44

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said Tuesday that Supreme Court justices should work as long as they can and shouldn't manipulate their retirement so a like-minded president can appoint their successor.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 17, 2013
Who am I?
What?
What?
Who?
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#2 Dec 17, 2013
And she is hoping she'll hang on for THREE 1/2 more years !!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Dec 17, 2013
I think her comments were likely directed at her friend Scalia.

I'd bet either Scalia and/or Kennedy will retire (or die) before Ginsburg.

This will give President Obama the chance to flip the court to a liberal majority for 20+ years!

And THAT will be Obama's true legacy!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Dec 17, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
So President Hillary can name former President Obama as Ginsburg's replacement on the SCOTUS?

EXCELLENT!!!
Hu u r

Hanoi, Vietnam

#5 Dec 17, 2013
Eighthman wrote:
Who am I?
What?
What?
Who?
longtime no C;) who pic is dat? the Dickator or ReJim!;)
read mi lips

Hanoi, Vietnam

#6 Dec 17, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So President Hillary can name former President Obama as Ginsburg's replacement on the SCOTUS?
EXCELLENT!!!
which job is better?!!;-00
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#7 Dec 17, 2013
Hell,if I were Breyer or Ginsberg I*d retaliate against these liberals by assuming a conservative judicial philosophy for the remainder of my years.
lamer

Piqua, OH

#8 Dec 17, 2013
radiofreeamerica wrote:
Hell,if I were Breyer or Ginsberg I*d retaliate against these liberals by assuming a conservative judicial philosophy for the remainder of my years.
which is one of many reasons why you will never be a supreme court nomination.
lamer

Piqua, OH

#11 Dec 17, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
i didnt read that at all. I believe she said she is taking it year by year and is doing just fine this year.
lamer

Piqua, OH

#12 Dec 17, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
EXCELLENT!!!
yeah, she could. But do you really want the indefinite detention and targeted assassination of US citizens with little to no judicial oversight guy; appointed to such a position?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#13 Dec 17, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
I think her comments were likely directed at her friend Scalia.
I'd bet either Scalia and/or Kennedy will retire (or die) before Ginsburg.
This will give President Obama the chance to flip the court to a liberal majority for 20+ years!
And THAT will be Obama's true legacy!!
Well that, and obamacare.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Dec 17, 2013
radiofreeamerica wrote:
I think Breyer and Ginsburg prefer to assume the sane and intelligent philosophy they now pursue. Leave the conservative bullheaded philosophy to the pompous and heartless members of the Court, and hope they get replaced by a couple of nice bleeding heart liberals.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 17, 2013
Papillon wrote:
This is the original repugnant feminist douche bag !!!!
She looks like a damn witch.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
HAPPY NEAR
HAPPY FAR - AS FAR AS POSSIBLE, assface.

Location hidden

#16 Dec 17, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
If anyone had any balls, they would have impeached and convicted this sorry, atheist Jew in favor of child sex long ago.
Sorry, Child Sex. She plans to stay.
Cordwainer Trout

Leitchfield, KY

#17 Dec 18, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Child Sex. She plans to stay.
You aren't fooling anyone. Everyone paying attention on these boards know that you and your ilk make up the majority of STD cases, predators, serial murderers, those forcing women to abort their children and the mass shooters the country experiences. So, it's no wonder you support the horrible, criminal example of jurisprudence, Ginsberg. Yes, she thinks a lot of herself, but so did the criminal judges of Nuremberg.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#18 Dec 18, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't fooling anyone. Everyone paying attention on these boards know that you and your ilk make up the majority of STD cases, predators, serial murderers, those forcing women to abort their children and the mass shooters the country experiences. So, it's no wonder you support the horrible, criminal example of jurisprudence, Ginsberg. Yes, she thinks a lot of herself, but so did the criminal judges of Nuremberg.
nah...it's religious cult freaks like you that have the bloodiest record on the planet...you are the people to warn one's child about...

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Dec 18, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that, and obamacare.
True, Obamacare will eventually be very successful and a big part of the President's legacy as well.

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Dec 18, 2013
lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, she could. But do you really want the indefinite detention and targeted assassination of US citizens with little to no judicial oversight guy; appointed to such a position?
I look forward to President Obama becoming the 2nd former president to sit on the SCOTUS.

Can you name the 1st one?

Can you even name all the current justices without googling it?
lamer

Piqua, OH

#22 Dec 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I look forward to President Obama becoming the 2nd former president to sit on the SCOTUS.
i follow the supreme court pretty close so the justices i do just fine on and Adams is one of my favorite pres'. Not sure what any of this has to do with my comment...
lamer

Piqua, OH

#23 Dec 18, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, have you seen how grey obama is as of late? There is a reason all of our president's as of late really dont go back to politics after their terms. I know if i had family going grey that fast, i would plead them to take a break and focus on health and happiness; so its a long shot that he would even want the lifelong job.

That and there are so many better options out there it makes me think you just want him there for gloating reasons and such? Because we both know its not his constitutional record...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Breyer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High court puts off start of early voting in Ohio Tue Sterkfontein Swar... 2
Court ruling comes as Obama's use of power tested Jun '14 WeTheSheeple 42
Supreme Court limits president's appointments p... Jun '14 Hoppy Julie fool 8
The Supreme Court fails the empathy test May '14 Bama Yankee 2
In Internet TV case, justices show concern Apr '14 Eleanor 3
Supreme Court strikes down US limits on overall... (Apr '14) Apr '14 nana 30
Court skeptical of IQ scores in deciding execution (Mar '14) Mar '14 Progressive Lefty 4

Stephen Breyer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE