Justice Scalia steps up criticism of healthcare ruling

Jul 29, 2012 Full story: Reuters 149

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Sunday renewed his criticism of Chief Justice John Roberts' reasoning in upholding President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law and also said the Constitution undoubtedly permits some gun control.

Full Story

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#22 Jul 30, 2012

In his new biography,“Barack Obama: The Story,” David Maraniss writes that a roommate of the young Obama compared him to Walker Percy’s protagonist in “The Moviegoer”: an observer of his life, one step removed.

Obama’s boss at his community organizing job in Chicago, Jerry Kellman, observed:“He was not unwilling to take risks, but was just this strange combination of someone who would have to weigh everything to death, and then take a dramatic risk at the end. He was reluctant to do confrontation, to push the other side because it might blow up — and it might. But one thing Alinsky did understand was that within reason, once something blows up, to a certain degree it doesn’t hurt, it helps.”

Maraniss’s book depicts Obama on an intense odyssey of self-discovery, moving toward defining himself less as a half-white man with white girlfriends than as a black man who wanted to be part of a black community.

His New York girlfriend, Genevieve Cook, told Maraniss that Obama confessed to her that “he felt like an impostor. Because he was so white. There was hardly a black bone in his body.” When she predicted that his future might be with a black woman —“That lithe, bubbly, strong black lady is waiting somewhere!” she wrote in her journal — he told her “he doubted there were any black women he would feel truly comfortable with. I would tell him,‘No, she is out there.’”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sun...
RT Pipe

Monessen, PA

#23 Jul 30, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
In his new biography,“Barack Obama: The Story,” David Maraniss writes that a roommate of the young Obama compared him to Walker Percy’s protagonist in “The Moviegoer”: an observer of his life, one step removed.
Obama’s boss at his community organizing job in Chicago, Jerry Kellman, observed:“He was not unwilling to take risks, but was just this strange combination of someone who would have to weigh everything to death, and then take a dramatic risk at the end. He was reluctant to do confrontation, to push the other side because it might blow up — and it might. But one thing Alinsky did understand was that within reason, once something blows up, to a certain degree it doesn’t hurt, it helps.”
Maraniss’s book depicts Obama on an intense odyssey of self-discovery, moving toward defining himself less as a half-white man with white girlfriends than as a black man who wanted to be part of a black community.
His New York girlfriend, Genevieve Cook, told Maraniss that Obama confessed to her that “he felt like an impostor. Because he was so white. There was hardly a black bone in his body.” When she predicted that his future might be with a black woman —“That lithe, bubbly, strong black lady is waiting somewhere!” she wrote in her journal — he told her “he doubted there were any black women he would feel truly comfortable with. I would tell him,‘No, she is out there.’”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sun...
When Moochelle aka Marine patty reads your post all hell will break loose. Moo never wanted this gig but it was hard to pass up all the lobster you can eat and endless vacations abroad and in Hawaii. I can hear her now calling him a mo fo cracker.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#24 Jul 30, 2012
"Scalia opens door for gun-control legislation"

hahahahahahahahaha

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/29/sc...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#25 Jul 30, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Scalia is a smug, narrow-minded, overbearing jerk. Therefore he would make an ideal running mate for Mitt the Twit.
Yep, he would, much better than a moronic pledgerizer.........named plugs.

Location hidden

#26 Jul 30, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
"Scalia opens door for gun-control legislation"
hahahahahahahahaha
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/29/sc...
REPORT:'HOMELAND SECURITY' GEARS UP FOR CIVIL UNREST PRIOR TO ELECTION...Now we know why Obama bought a half billion hollow point bullets……….Create the unrest, then shoot the people……….yep I see his plan.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#27 Jul 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Report: Scalia opens door for gun-control legislation

hahahahahahahahahaha

rugby '12: LIES 1st America 2nd
KlineHilda1

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Jul 30, 2012
like Albert implied I am dazzled that some people can make $5031 in a few weeks on the internet. have you seen this link http://goo.gl/UUZFR
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#29 Jul 30, 2012
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahahahaha
I watched that interveiw and as a fair minded judge he will not shutout potential new cases by ruling on them before they get to the USSC.

His example was the potential for MANPAD ground to air missile system being available to civilians yes or no.
KlineHilda1

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Jul 30, 2012
as Tiffany replied I am stunned that anybody able to profit $5569 in one month on the internet. did you read this site link http://goo.gl/UUZFR
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#31 Jul 30, 2012
KlineHilda1 wrote:
as Tiffany replied I am stunned that anybody able to profit $5569 in one month on the internet. did you read this site link http://goo.gl/UUZFR
^^^^ Paid Spammer^^^^^^ Paid spammer^^^^^^ Paid Spammer ^^^^^^
Your Ex

Ashburn, VA

#32 Jul 30, 2012
as Tiffany replied I am stunned that the Laughing Liberal is able to post 5569 times in one month on the Topix. did you read this site link http://yammeringhowlermokey.com

Location hidden

#33 Jul 30, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^^ Paid Spammer^^^^^^ Paid spammer^^^^^^ Paid Spammer ^^^^^^
SO FAR Egypt and LA.......my how the loons get around with their Soros spam kits.

Location hidden

#34 Jul 30, 2012
Your Ex wrote:
as Tiffany replied I am stunned that the Laughing Liberal is able to post 5569 times in one month on the Topix. did you read this site link http://yammeringhowlermokey.com
As EX said, Obama is a wimp and throws a baseball like a 5 year old girl.
Honest Abe

AOL

#35 Jul 30, 2012
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahahahaha
Just be thankful that Obama won't be able to appoint more "judges" who are committed to tearing America to shreds in service to Pelosi/Obama's Orwellian Nightmare Agenda if we can MAN UP and toss him out in November.

Every American Democrat must vote to Stop Obama. After all our kids futures depend on it.
Louiston

Des Moines, IA

#36 Jul 30, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still ecstatic about the Supreme Court upholding President Obama’s signature piece of legislation as CONSITUTIONAL… especially after enduring the last 2 years of these ignorant right-wing idiots thinking that they knew more about the Constitution than a Harvard Law Professor… Scalia is an idiot and he is still bitter that he couldn’t convince the Chief Justice to break the law and go against the constitution; but the site of so many right-wing tea-bagging losers crying because they once again lost to the brilliant African American President is priceless…
I told them for months that there was no way that OBAMACARE would be struck down…
I was right, they were wrong, that’s the end of the story, LOL.
Why did that Harvard Law Professor say it wasn't a tax...and yet SCOTUS said otherwise? Only a left wing lunatic like yourself couldn't see the hypocrisy.
robert

Hollywood, FL

#37 Jul 30, 2012
Louiston wrote:
<quoted text>Why did that Harvard Law Professor say it wasn't a tax...and yet SCOTUS said otherwise? Only a left wing lunatic like yourself couldn't see the hypocrisy.
It is not just any tax either, it is a tax which targets the middle class. The lion share of paying for Obmaacare is falling on the middle class.

It is time for Mr. "you did not build that" to move on.

WSJ Economist: Obamacare Costs Will Fall on Middle Class

http://www.newsmax.com/US/obamacare-cost-midd...

“Historic American Greatness”

Since: Jun 07

The President & his AG

#38 Jul 30, 2012
Louiston wrote:
<quoted text>Why did that Harvard Law Professor say it wasn't a tax...and yet SCOTUS said otherwise? Only a left wing lunatic like yourself couldn't see the hypocrisy.
The only thing that matters is if the Supreme Court says its Constitutional… tax or no tax; mandate or not… is President Obama’s signature piece of legislation Constitutional?

YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!

We were right; you were wrong, that’s the end of the story, LOL!

Location hidden

#39 Jul 30, 2012
Carville:'We're Gonna Have to Go Through Hell and High-Water to Win this Damn Thing'...

THEN: Video of Obama in 2008 Promising to Never Run Negative Ads...hahahaha heheheheeh hoo hoo hoo hoo hahahahahaah

VIDEO: Rare mountain tornado touches down in CO...Liberals call for all tornado’s to be banned and that congress should pass stricter Tornado laws.
Rich

Hollywood, FL

#40 Jul 30, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that matters is if the Supreme Court says its Constitutional… tax or no tax; mandate or not… is President Obama’s signature piece of legislation Constitutional?
YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!
You are about to find out that is not the only thing important. That if you get something contentious passed running all over the wishes of a large enough group of people they will set you strait at the next election.

I want this Obamacare monstrosity repealed, not because we don't need a change, we do, but because this bill ignores the reasons why and will fail because of it. We don't need to overhaul our healthcare system only how we pay for it.

We need to take the government out of healthcare not increase its involvement. We need a voucher system for the poor and elderly and we need to ban employer sponsored healthcare.
Roger Edgar

AOL

#41 Jul 30, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!
Deeming it a "tax" just made it easier to repeal once the horrific Obama Orwellian Nightmare is finally OVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Antonin Scalia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: 'Breaking In' a deft professional bio o... Oct 3 Raoul Thibodeaux 1
Gay couples still fighting for equality with th... Aug '14 Sick of Bigots an... 6
Did You Know That Antonin Scalia's Son Is Sabot... Aug '14 Helen from Huston... 2
High Court: Justices get another shot at gerrym... Aug '14 Le Jimbo 1
The Flawed Progressive Scheme to 'Reclaim the C... Jul '14 ptbw forever 1
A Big Day for Religious Liberty in Hobby Lobby ... Jun '14 Diabetic Hypocricy 1
High court voids 35-foot abortion clinic buffer Jun '14 godless by choice 3

Antonin Scalia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE