Justice Scalia steps up criticism of healthcare ruling

Jul 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Sunday renewed his criticism of Chief Justice John Roberts' reasoning in upholding President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law and also said the Constitution undoubtedly permits some gun control.

Comments
1 - 20 of 149 Comments Last updated Aug 8, 2012
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

He should be chief justice instead of Roberts.
conservative crapola

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
Sour grapes. From two douchbags.

rugby '12: LIES 1st America 2nd
RT Pipe

Monessen, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour grapes. From two douchbags.
rugby '12: LIES 1st America 2nd
I agree. BO and Moochelle are always pissed when Soros does not give them what they want.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
Scalia is a smug, narrow-minded, overbearing jerk. Therefore he would make an ideal running mate for Mitt the Twit.
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Tthe bulk of paying for the Obamacare burden was placed squarely on the shoulders of the middle class, I thought Obama said he was not going to raise taxes on the middle class.

What a POS

Noboma in 2012.

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Scalia is a smug, narrow-minded, overbearing jerk. Therefore he would make an ideal running mate for Mitt the Twit.
I am still ecstatic about the Supreme Court upholding President Obama’s signature piece of legislation as CONSITUTIONAL… especially after enduring the last 2 years of these ignorant right-wing idiots thinking that they knew more about the Constitution than a Harvard Law Professor… Scalia is an idiot and he is still bitter that he couldn’t convince the Chief Justice to break the law and go against the constitution; but the site of so many right-wing tea-bagging losers crying because they once again lost to the brilliant African American President is priceless…
I told them for months that there was no way that OBAMACARE would be struck down…

I was right, they were wrong, that’s the end of the story, LOL.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Good for Scaila, I hope he continues to give these liberals a hard time.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

C'mon Scalia, smoke another pack of Marlboros and guzzle some more booze. Let's see if you turn down your taxpayer funded healthcare when you finally get lung cancer or need a liver transplant!

With any luck Obama will get to pick your replacement.
obama INCOMPETENT

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Scalia is a smug, narrow-minded, overbearing jerk. Therefore he would make an ideal running mate for Mitt the Twit.
lawrence, you old queen

why aren't you dead yet? you fat old woman

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

obama INCOMPETENT wrote:
<quoted text>
lawrence, you old queen
why aren't you dead yet? you fat old woman
I'm waiting for you to show the way. If you were in front of me, I believe I could hasten your departure.

“Romney is a Weasel”

Since: Jan 09

Redwood NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Robert wrote:
Tthe bulk of paying for the Obamacare burden was placed squarely on the shoulders of the middle class, I thought Obama said he was not going to raise taxes on the middle class.
What a POS
Noboma in 2012.
He's better than Romney the Weasel.

“Romney is a Weasel”

Since: Jan 09

Redwood NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

And Scalia should be ashamed of himself for Citizens United. He and his rightwing boys opened the door for corruption. Scalia is so one sided. He makes a terrible judge. At least Roberts has courage.
Sue Robbins

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still ecstatic about the Supreme Court upholding President Obama’s signature piece of legislation as CONSITUTIONAL… especially after enduring the last 2 years of these ignorant right-wing idiots thinking that they knew more about the Constitution than a Harvard Law Professor… Scalia is an idiot and he is still bitter that he couldn’t convince the Chief Justice to break the law and go against the constitution; but the site of so many right-wing tea-bagging losers crying because they once again lost to the brilliant African American President is priceless…
I told them for months that there was no way that OBAMACARE would be struck down…
Of course, the ACA will be devastating to most Americans but isn't that the point? Anything to further degrade, devalue, and deconstruct America is good for ruthlessly cold hearted pelosians. They won a huge victory over the American people and won't stop until we are forced into an all out civil war. The stakes will be high. If decent, fair minded American lose then our families can surrender and become nothing more than slugs slethering around hopelessly in Obamaland.
TedsLiver

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
. Racist fake marines are irrelevant. Your Obama blow doll is waiting to dominant you.
Gravediggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Love Scalia!

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Attention you bloated wolf tick!!! Not so fast scooter, what about b. h. obama and joe obiden? I mean just look how those sleazy rats shoved obamacare/TAX down the throats of America. Those two rats remind me of the way james holmes shoved bullets into a bunch of innocent movie goers. You know as well as I do scooter, those movie goers did not want any part of james holmes and his goofy red hair and his damned bullets...did they? Of course look at 'ol james now, sitting in the jailhouse with his shirttail dipped in sht. That's what eventually happens to all rats scooter. No mater where they are their rat sht eventually catches up with them...In the case of the rats obama/obiden it may be in November.

Romney/Rubio 2012
Your Ex

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>.
Romney/Rubio 2012
“There are a lot of other people out there that some of us wish had run for President, but they didn’t..”
~Republican Senator Marco Rubio, wishing there were another candidate to pick from, The Daily Caller, March 2012
patroit nation

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

I get nervous with this gentleman, that never married and lived with his Mother his whole life.
Re: Health Care. Break your leg in the woods hiking.
Cha-Ching. 1) ambulance fee 2)E.R fee 3)Lab fee
4)x-ray fee 5)ER Dr fee 6)Radiologist fee 7 OR room fee 7)anesthesia dr fee.8) hospital room fee.
9) Orthopedic surgeon fee.
That's thousands of dollars I wind up paying for because some clown won't insure himself.
obama INCOMPETENT

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I'm waiting for you to show the way. If you were in front of me, I believe I could hasten your departure.
doubtful woman, and don't be such a lib wise-azz

it's ugly

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Scalia is Correct, as Usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••