Conservatives Cling to Bloated Pentagon Budget

Jul 16, 2010 Read more: TPM Cafe

With military spending running at over $700 billion per year -- the highest level since World War II -- it is long past time to look at reductions in this part of the budget, particularly at a time when the president's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform is crafting recommendations for long-term reductions in the federal ...

Read more
Crazy n Nutty Politics

Miami, FL

#1 Jul 16, 2010
"For right-wing hawks like Daniel Goure of the Lexington Institute (an organization that is funded in part by weapons contractors) this is more than they can bear."

ENOUGH SAID.

If we end the wars (drug wars included) and bring UNECESSARY troops home we will save at least 3 trillion.(very conservative estimates)

However, certain powers that make money off those "wars" won't go for it.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2 Jul 16, 2010
One of our biggest problems is that technology is driving up the cost of everything in military. The technology we have is leaps and bounds over our opponents, yet we keep up this mindset that we need even more overkill, even if it bankrupts us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walter Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cherokee, Lumbee argue over recognition bill (Apr '07) Mar 28 sam smith 967
News Republicans prepare to pass Homeland Security f... Feb '15 John McCharlie 3
News Saudi Role in 9/11 Returns to Spotlight in Wash... Jan '15 DemocracyFirst 1
News Boehner battle sets up another bust Jan '15 Lamer 6
News Marine commandant faces new questions (Oct '14) Oct '14 barefoot2626 35
News Rand Paul in NC to help Tillis (Oct '14) Oct '14 Le Duped 7
News House Republicans Stress Concerns Over Bergdahl... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Captain Yesterday 24
More from around the web