House votes to honor first black Marines

Oct 25, 2011 Full story: Log Cabin Democrat 35

In this April 1943 image provided by the Marine Corps, a platoon of Monfort Marine recruits stand at parade rest in New River, North Carolina.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#1 Oct 25, 2011
Woof, This article is misleading. It says, "In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt ordered the Marine Corps to accept blacks". This is a true statement, but FDR DID NOT ORDER DESEGREGATION!! The Marine Unit discussed was all Black. Eisenhower, head of the military desegregated the military during the battle of the Bulge, and it stayed desegregated after that. Truman, signed the formal Executive Order making it official.

The U.S. Military was first desegregated by Lincoln during the Civil War and stayed that way until Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, segregated the military when he assumed the Presidency in 1913.

Democrats have never been for desegregation.
Bud Fox

United States

#3 Oct 25, 2011
Thank you for your service. You are all hero's
Pounding Sand

Aledo, IL

#4 Oct 25, 2011
Bud Fox wrote:
Thank you for your service. You are all hero's
Bet you even have a Yellow Magnet Ribbon on your Vehicle. If you want to Thank a Service Man, quit pounding Sand up Their Asses and get out there and help bring these senseless Wars to an End. Protest, write and phone your Congressmen. Ask them to Serve if they want to make War and ask if their families are Serving in Combat Zones. Do Something other then mouthing Platitudes!

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#5 Oct 25, 2011
Pounding Sand wrote:
<quoted text>Bet you even have a Yellow Magnet Ribbon on your Vehicle. If you want to Thank a Service Man, quit pounding Sand up Their Asses and get out there and help bring these senseless Wars to an End. Protest, write and phone your Congressmen. Ask them to Serve if they want to make War and ask if their families are Serving in Combat Zones. Do Something other then mouthing Platitudes!
God Bless the Marines of all era's and races.

On the other hand, you can piss off to the funny farm.

“Hang 'em High”

Since: Sep 11

Commie Fake, Phony, & Fraud

#6 Oct 25, 2011
FreeDog wrote:
Woof, This article is misleading. It says, "In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt ordered the Marine Corps to accept blacks". This is a true statement, but FDR DID NOT ORDER DESEGREGATION!! The Marine Unit discussed was all Black. Eisenhower, head of the military desegregated the military during the battle of the Bulge, and it stayed desegregated after that. Truman, signed the formal Executive Order making it official.
The U.S. Military was first desegregated by Lincoln during the Civil War and stayed that way until Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, segregated the military when he assumed the Presidency in 1913.
Democrats have never been for desegregation.
Great post, but be careful....

You're confusing every black sheep on the democRAT plantation.
Curtis Lowe

San Antonio, TX

#8 Oct 26, 2011
So did they do anything greater than any other Marine of that time, or are they being honored for their skin color only? Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacists!
Otis B Driftwood

Sayville, NY

#9 Oct 26, 2011
Looks like some brothas from da hood stealing the hub-caps off that artillery piece to me.
Affirmative Action

Aledo, IL

#10 Oct 26, 2011
Curtis Lowe wrote:
So did they do anything greater than any other Marine of that time, or are they being honored for their skin color only? Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacists!
Sounds like Retroactive Affirmative Action to Me! I honor all Marines and the Other Services of that Era reguardless of their skin color.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#11 Oct 26, 2011
FreeDog wrote:
Woof, This article is misleading. It says, "In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt ordered the Marine Corps to accept blacks". This is a true statement, but FDR DID NOT ORDER DESEGREGATION!! The Marine Unit discussed was all Black. Eisenhower, head of the military desegregated the military during the battle of the Bulge, and it stayed desegregated after that. Truman, signed the formal Executive Order making it official.
The U.S. Military was first desegregated by Lincoln during the Civil War and stayed that way until Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, segregated the military when he assumed the Presidency in 1913.
Democrats have never been for desegregation.
Truman was a Democrat and signed off on the desegregation.
Lyndon Johnson was a Democrat and ordered the National Guard to
enforce integration in Southern schools.

But you are right about Democrats in that they were the "Solid South," very conservative and anti-integration. After the Civil Rights Era most of them (segregationists) went over to the GOP with Nixon's invitation (Southern strategy) and have been there ever since. The Republicans are now the Solid South.
Same conservatives, different party.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#12 Oct 26, 2011
Woodrow Wilson re-segregated the Army after WW1, like a typical hypocritical liberal. He also helped set the stage for WW2 with his inept handling of the Versailles Treaty.
US Constitution

Dearborn, MI

#13 Oct 26, 2011
Meanwhile, look at how the police state is honoring an injured VETERAN.

&fe ature=player_embedded

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#14 Oct 26, 2011
US Constitution wrote:
Meanwhile, look at how the police state is honoring an injured VETERAN.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OZLyUK0t0vQXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
Being the number one gang infested city in the US, Oakland is NOT a police state.

“Freedom Demands Responsibility”

Since: Aug 09

21st Century

#15 Oct 26, 2011
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Truman was a Democrat and signed off on the desegregation.
Lyndon Johnson was a Democrat and ordered the National Guard to
enforce integration in Southern schools.
But you are right about Democrats in that they were the "Solid South," very conservative and anti-integration. After the Civil Rights Era most of them (segregationists) went over to the GOP with Nixon's invitation (Southern strategy) and have been there ever since. The Republicans are now the Solid South.
Same conservatives, different party.
Woof, Gary, You are repeating several Democrat myths.
* Eisenhower as head of the Military in WWII, desegregated the Military during the Battle of the Bulge. It remained desegregated from that time forward. Truman did sign an executive order later to formalize what was already fact.
* Lyndon Johnson did enforce the Civil Rights Act which was enacted with the votes of Republicans that broke the back of the Democrat led filibuster.
* You said that "most of them (Democrat segregationists) went over to the GOP...". This is not at all true. Of the 18 Dixiecrats that voted against the Civil Rights Act only 3 changed party allegiance. Democrats have been trying to sell this myth for 45 years.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#16 Oct 26, 2011
God Bless those "first black Marines"

Too bad this Obama Hussien fellow was to scared and too drugged out to join the military.
Maybe then he would have earned our respect.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#17 Oct 26, 2011
Vance1 wrote:
God Bless those "first black Marines"
Too bad this Obama Hussien fellow was to scared and too drugged out to join the military.
Maybe then he would have earned our respect.
LOL!!! Earn your respect???

LOL!!!

I sure hopes President Obama muddles through life somehow without earning your respect, teabagger. LOL!!!

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#18 Oct 27, 2011
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Earn your respect???
LOL!!!
I sure hopes President Obama muddles through life somehow without earning your respect, teabagger. LOL!!!
Hey dirtbag liberal lazy scum, as if I care what you think
disgraceful

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Oct 27, 2011
pander pander pander, only because of color. The white marine, navajo code talker marine, nisei japanese marine, latino marines, you can all just step to the back of the race bus, black is superior. All this to keep the CIC feeling warm n fuzzy with his peeps.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#20 Oct 27, 2011
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dirtbag liberal lazy scum, as if I care what you think
LOL!!!

You cared enough to respond, teabagger...

“DEMOCRATS ARE JACKASSES”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#21 Oct 27, 2011
PooPoo Platter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
You cared enough to respond, teabagger...
You like that word teabagger don't you. I bet that is a nightly conversation that you have with Obama isn't. Goes something like this right.

POO POO: Mr President I need a favor that you haven't done to me in a while.

President: What would that be POO POO

POO POO: Can you please come over a Tea Bag me please. I miss it some much coming from you.

President: Not a problem POO POO. After all I love Tea Bagging a racist like you.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#22 Oct 27, 2011
Inconvenient Truth wrote:
<quoted text>You like that word teabagger don't you. I bet that is a nightly conversation that you have with Obama isn't. Goes something like this right.
POO POO: Mr President I need a favor that you haven't done to me in a while.
President: What would that be POO POO
POO POO: Can you please come over a Tea Bag me please. I miss it some much coming from you.
President: Not a problem POO POO. After all I love Tea Bagging a racist like you.
LOL!!!

How many times must you teabaggers be reminded the political term "teabagger" was coined by your fellow morons in the tea party?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walter Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cherokee, Lumbee argue over recognition bill (Apr '07) Nov '14 william Chavez 953
Marine commandant faces new questions Oct '14 barefoot2626 36
Rand Paul in NC to help Tillis Oct '14 Le Duped 7
House Republicans Stress Concerns Over Bergdahl... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Captain Yesterday 24
The End Is Nigh: Ruling Class (Including Congre... (May '14) May '14 stopracismagainst 1
In North Carolina, Republican establishment fav... (May '14) May '14 barefoot2626 12
Can NeoCons, Slave Power Unseat Walter Jones, N... (May '14) May '14 stopracismagainst 1
More from around the web