Shuler's backing for Iraq timeline in...

Shuler's backing for Iraq timeline invites GOP anger

There are 29 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 23, 2007, titled Shuler's backing for Iraq timeline invites GOP anger. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Two groups hoping to unseat Rep. Heath Shuler in 2008 blasted him Friday for backing a war-spending bill with provisions that would set timetables for withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ben

United States

#21 Mar 24, 2007
Where are the Democrats from the 1930's and 1940's? They were better than the Republicans we have now. I am a registered Republican but I would vote for anyone who has any common sense and real morals. Mr. Shuler did exactly what the liberal Democrats wanted him to do! No one wants to fight a war but like it or not we are there. If we leave Iraq before the area is stabilized then Iran will invade them since they will be defenseless and then we will have $6.00 a gallon gas and have to go back over there and start all over again. We have to stay unless we want anarchy in the Middle East.
Martin

United States

#22 Mar 24, 2007
How do we get into these things. I was in VN and still it was not me who got us there? WHO?
Christian Mann

United States

#23 Mar 24, 2007
Once again I feel betrayed
When Schuler was running for office, one of the reasons he got my vote , was saying he had MOUNTAIN VALUES, and would not be swayed

He has voted with Pelosi and has become her lap dag, not a blue dog

I cant wait until the lying weasel gets his, and believe me he will
Hunter

Asheville, NC

#24 Mar 25, 2007
Hannibal wrote:
1911-govt na-na na-na na-na. Told you so.....this guy doesn't have the spine to stand up to the Pelosi/Murtha unPatriotic crowd. We get the government we deserve. Too bad Taylor was such a shyster......at least we could count on resonable votes in congress. Shuler might be more honest, but he certainly isn't patriotic or courageous.
Hey there 1911-govt ... Yep, we sure have gotten the government we DID NOT deserve through Dubya's years ... Hopefully someday you can open your eyes and realize that many, many young American women and men did not have to die due to Dubya and his cronies' greediness for the $$$.
Would that be before or after the mooslims finish taking over Europe, and then America? Whatcha gonna do when they require you to cover your heads, and be raped by terrorists?
Hunter

Asheville, NC

#25 Mar 25, 2007
Christian Mann wrote:
Once again I feel betrayed
When Schuler was running for office, one of the reasons he got my vote , was saying he had MOUNTAIN VALUES, and would not be swayed
He has voted with Pelosi and has become her lap dag, not a blue dog
I cant wait until the lying weasel gets his, and believe me he will
Shuler has already demonstrated betrayal of the people in order to payback them that brung him to the dance, because they had no one else willing to
dance with them...they found their mole.
idania Oates

United States

#26 Mar 25, 2007
I believe Shuler needs to focus a little more about what billions are goint to be left for our boys that are coming home and are having a difficult time participating on the benefits that they have earned.

We also support our troops when they don't have to jump through hoops in order to receive the care that our Veterans Hospital are not and have not been prepare to give. We also support our troops when they do not have to wait 12 to 14 months to activate their GI Bill.

If Shuler really wants to be perceived as someone that really cares, please do not forget the kids in your own back yard. Move what ever walls you have to Shuler; find out how many veterans from this war are on your house without proper care or access to their benefits. Do you really have to wait for Presindent Bush to tell you to assign a task force to do this. Think ahead, be the leader that you think you are. We only know that when we see your actions with results.
TELL US AND TELL US AGAIN WHAT A GREAT LEADER YOU ARE AND IF YOU MUST USE AS FEW WORDS AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!
Roy Burnette

United States

#27 Mar 26, 2007
The Republicans are masters at misrepresentation and double talk. Since they have had all three branches of government under their control for the past seven years they have the entire system clogged with their narrow minded lackeys. They are like blind mice following Bush. Bush had the Supreme Court to give him a victory in the first election and even more crooked election activities in the last election put him back in.... so perhaps he needs to have the Supreme Court declare him the winner so we can get our troops out of Irag. But till then we are stuck with more borrow and waste Republican conservatives till people like our fine Congressman Shuler sees them for exactly what they are and commences a butt kicking like they have never seen before. The airbags like Hannity, Rush, O'Riley, Coulter, Beck, Wall all to narrow minded to see what is good for the country... only what is good to pad the Republicans pocket book. Stick to 'em Heath.
Warren

United States

#28 Mar 26, 2007
Borrow and waste republicans... they alll they are and they are so expert at it that they know how to keep the country living on a credit but when somelike Heath Shuler shows up and kicks their butt they simply know how to whine and cry. The republicans lost the last election because the American people are sick on Bush's lies and cover-up. I think Bush Chaney need to be in their paint business because all they know is to cover up.
Melin

United States

#29 Apr 15, 2007
Warren wrote:
Borrow and waste republicans... they alll they are and they are so expert at it that they know how to keep the country living on a credit but when somelike Heath Shuler shows up and kicks their butt they simply know how to whine and cry. The republicans lost the last election because the American people are sick on Bush's lies and cover-up. I think Bush Chaney need to be in their paint business because all they know is to cover up.
Actully the republicans lost because of what exactly the democrats are doing now. Spending, lieing, and trying to throw thier power around. Remember a lot of the democrats that did get in (if there not lieing) lean conservative(pro gun, pro life) The democrats are playing games with our troops leaving them with no money at all because of a power trip. Which is really discusting if you ask me. I just wonder what they will do next because there blinded by hate. Lets do everything in our power to go against Bush with no thought if it hurts the troops or the people of the United States who cares. Why havent the dems stopped the real id or working on homeland security no there the UNs buddy they like to give all our rights to the UN. Appeasment is there motto.
I thought Sculer was suppose to be mountian values not San Fransico values. shrug

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walter Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cherokee, Lumbee argue over recognition bill (Apr '07) Mar '16 TrashyRobco 986
News Congress OKs year-end budget deal, sends to Obama Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News A journalistic failure: How the Kevin McCarthy ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Responsibility 5
News House lawmaker files motion to oust Boehner (Jul '15) Jul '15 xxxrayted 4
News No Fast Track: 44 Republicans are voting NO or ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 wild child 1
News Korea veteran receives Purple Heart 64 years later (May '15) May '15 wRDEPT 1
News Republicans prepare to pass Homeland Security f... (Feb '15) Feb '15 John McCharlie 3
More from around the web