Those who supported FISA need new emp...

Those who supported FISA need new employers

There are 3 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jun 27, 2008, titled Those who supported FISA need new employers. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution has just been eviscerated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Frank Rizzo

Raleigh, NC

#1 Jun 28, 2008
Rob,

Guess you are kinda screwed on election day. Both Obama and McCain support the new FISA law.

Guess that leaves Bob Barr or Ralph Nader.
Frank Rizzo

Raleigh, NC

#2 Jun 28, 2008
Oh, and further on Obama. He had promised not only to oppose such a law, but to filibuster it.

But now that he has the nomination and doesn't need to pander to the extreme left wing hate America kooks anymore, he did the right thing and supported the law.
OUTSPOKEN

United States

#3 Jun 28, 2008
Right on Frank.
I have not read the full bill but there are checks and balances, very rigid requirement that must be evident before the court agrees, and more importantly it was necessary for national defense.
I believe that the court system and the law enforcers are very trustworthy and act for the common good. Of course there are those in the system that are less than honest but that is to be expected when humans are involved.
My mail and phone can be monitored by law enforcers - I will not do anything that will be detrimental to my country and fellow citizens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walter Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Office of Management and Budget Mick Mulvaney, ... 8 hr Chilli J 39
News Trump to GOP: Pass health care bill or seal you... 8 hr jonjedi 140
News Cherokee, Lumbee argue over recognition bill (Apr '07) Mar 20 jesus 991
News 2 Republicans join Democratic effort demanding ... Mar 7 Chilli J 76
News Party Unity? Trump faces criticism from Gop ran... Feb '17 YouDidntBuildThat 6
News It's time for an independent commission on Russ... Feb '17 Cheech the Conser... 9
News Abbreviated Pundit Round-up:'Draining the swamp... Jan '17 Putz Pence Swamp 1
More from around the web