Five fellow inmates beat ex-Border Pa...

Five fellow inmates beat ex-Border Patrol agent

There are 38 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Feb 7, 2007, titled Five fellow inmates beat ex-Border Patrol agent. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

WASHINGTON -- One of two Border Patrol agents sentenced to a decade in federal prison for the shooting of a Mexican drug smuggler in Texas was beaten by five fellow inmates at a medium-security prison in Yazoo ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Deltaman

United States

#1 Feb 7, 2007
Why is a former Agent serving time in general population.
Also, Why are the agents in a medium security prison? They should be handed a medal and given a larger gun. Then maybe I wouldn't have to worry so much about what my children are encountering out on the streets to and from school.
Hmmm

United States

#2 Feb 7, 2007
This is the ultimate testimony that American has lost its way.

THIS is the true crime.
skipper

Decatur, GA

#3 Feb 7, 2007
An investigation found that the agents tried to dispose of shell casings and filed a false report. They told authorities that they'd thought Aldrete-Davila was armed.
wow oh wow
what a dastardly crime he committed.
he should have reprimanded for not killing Aldrete-Davila
now he's at the mercy of those he tried to keep out of this country.
Pancho Pantera

Belfast, ME

#4 Feb 7, 2007
Its a travesty of Justice to break the law for any reason....for being involved in smuggling or because you are carrying a badge. We were not there where the incident happened....we were not there as members of the jury....the jury convicted and the President has been with deaf ears on calls for pardons of these two outstanding law abiding, badge carrying, officers of the law. But what about the smuggler...what did he get.....immunity from prosecution for his unlawful conduct....where is equal protection of the law? Its almost like sending these officers into Iraq and telling them they can not defend from the potential of bodily harm.

Enough already, true immigration reform is the answer and such should be where the United States of America recognizes each and every Mexican as the Native Americans that they are, that the Guadalupe Hidalgo Treaty be revisted due to the fact that Mexicans did not get the news that they had an option to choose the United States of America or the United States of Mexico to live in. Had Mexicans had the opportunity to say I prefer the good old U.S.A. then the immigration problem would be minimal, as far as Mexicans are concerned. And by the way.....what is difference between the United States invading Mexico and/or Iraq. Mexico did not have WMDs....come to think of it neither did Iraq, but Mexican territory was taken....why not a Bagdad Iraq Treaty which could then be used to deport all the trouble makers to the countries they come from and from which they are illegally in Iraq. Just think, Iraq the 51st state....oil rich....what an oasis!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the former Border Patrol Agents...I think President Bush should pardon them. They should not be in jail and if they are going to be in jail they should be in a different facility other then in the main inmate population. From what I understand they are in isolation....again where is equal protection of the law for these two?

To be continued..........
John

Richmond, VA

#5 Feb 7, 2007
Pancho Pantera wrote:
Enough already, true immigration reform is the answer and such should be where the United States of America recognizes each and every Mexican as the Native Americans that they are, that the Guadalupe Hidalgo Treaty be revisted due to the fact that Mexicans did not get the news that they had an option to choose the United States of America or the United States of Mexico to live in. Had Mexicans had the opportunity to say I prefer the good old U.S.A. then the immigration problem would be minimal, as far as Mexicans are concerned....
The problem with Mexicans is that you don't love what you have in your country. The problem with Americans is that we love what we have too much to spread it around. Granting amnesty to illegal Mexican immigrants will solve neither of those two problems.
Also, your Spanish European grandfathers stole Mexico from the Aztecs, so you have no more intrinsic claim to North America based on ethnicity than Americans do. You guys don't let your Guatemalan neighbors cross your southern border as they please either.
As far as I'm concerned, if that US border guard really did shoot an unarmed man and then tried to cover it up, then he deserves the sentence he got. I believe America should defend it's borders, but I've never advocated shooting people wihout cause.
Pancho Pantera

Belfast, ME

#6 Feb 7, 2007
The problem with us Mexicans is that we have allowed John Mayberry to walk all over us and take our land under the bold faced lie that Mexico was causing harm to Americans who, by the way partner, had agreed to live in Texas and/or the southwest under "Mexican Law" and later recanted and telegraphed Washington claiming they were being mistreated. President Polk already had his prospector engineers in the southwest and saw the opportunity to lie to congress about Mexico's WMDs, I mean about Mexico's sling shots and caused America's invasion of Mexico. In 1848 Guadalupe Hidalgo Treaty was signed and a few months later the San Francisco Gold Rush and the Texas Oil Gush some time later. The fact of the matter is that you europeans have been taking and taking and then call the real pilgrims of these lands illegal. By the way John who granted you amnesty? The fact is if it had not been for Native Americans you would not be here...then what did you pay them with....by stealing their land. Its high time that you get your pale face out of the sand and admit your hypocrisy. You allow talk of paying the Japanese for their imprisonment during world war two and you should because it was wrong to profile japanese americans...there is talk of paying african americans for the slave days of yesteryear and you should and pay royally, for no one has the right to own people and used them and abuse them like african americans have suffered. You have no right to take the land of Mexicans and then call them illegal in their own land. You have no right to use them at cheap labor....slave wages and still call them criminals. Your beef should be with the rich conservatives who own businesses and do not want to pay you a living wage so they pay Mexican workers slave wages. Your beef should be with your congressmen and Senators who continue to block an effort by Prsident Bush to normalize workers and still control the border for security purposes.
Just think John, where would you be if the Indians had not fed the pilgrims at plymouth rock? A preacher once told me that God gave you this land to evangilize it and I say God would not give you this land with a Bible and a rifle...as a matter of fact God will judge all the injustice that you have forced upon the people of this land. By the way John, I am a Native Mexican American....my roots are in San Antonio, Texas even before Texas was part of the United States....we did not cross the border, the border crossed us. I am proud to be an American and I will fight to defend it from any foreign attacks...I will go to foreign land to fight for America, but America should wake up to its wrong doing against Native Americans and all other races which they have caused harm to and make things right.
John wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with Mexicans is that you don't love what you have in your country. The problem with Americans is that we love what we have too much to spread it around. Granting amnesty to illegal Mexican immigrants will solve neither of those two problems.
Also, your Spanish European grandfathers stole Mexico from the Aztecs, so you have no more intrinsic claim to North America based on ethnicity than Americans do. You guys don't let your Guatemalan neighbors cross your southern border as they please either.
As far as I'm concerned, if that US border guard really did shoot an unarmed man and then tried to cover it up, then he deserves the sentence he got. I believe America should defend it's borders, but I've never advocated shooting people wihout cause.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#7 Feb 7, 2007
Pancho Pantera wrote:
The problem with us Mexicans is that we have allowed John Mayberry to walk all over us and take our land under the bold faced lie that Mexico was causing harm to Americans who, by the way partner, had agreed to live in Texas and/or the southwest under "Mexican Law" and later recanted and telegraphed Washington claiming they were being mistreated. President Polk already had his prospector engineers in the southwest and saw the opportunity to lie to congress about Mexico's WMDs, I mean about Mexico's sling shots and caused America's invasion of Mexico. In 1848 Guadalupe Hidalgo Treaty was signed and a few months later the San Francisco Gold Rush and the Texas Oil Gush some time later. The fact of the matter is that you europeans have been taking and taking and then call the real pilgrims of these lands illegal. By the way John who granted you amnesty? The fact is if it had not been for Native Americans you would not be here...then what did you pay them with....by stealing their land. Its high time that you get your pale face out of the sand and admit your hypocrisy. You allow talk of paying the Japanese for their imprisonment during world war two and you should because it was wrong to profile japanese americans...there is talk of paying african americans for the slave days of yesteryear and you should and pay royally, for no one has the right to own people and used them and abuse them like african americans have suffered. You have no right to take the land of Mexicans and then call them illegal in their own land. You have no right to use them at cheap labor....slave wages and still call them criminals. Your beef should be with the rich conservatives who own businesses and do not want to pay you a living wage so they pay Mexican workers slave wages. Your beef should be with your congressmen and Senators who continue to block an effort by Prsident Bush to normalize workers and still control the border for security purposes.
Just think John, where would you be if the Indians had not fed the pilgrims at plymouth rock? A preacher once told me that God gave you this land to evangilize it and I say God would not give you this land with a Bible and a rifle...as a matter of fact God will judge all the injustice that you have forced upon the people of this land. By the way John, I am a Native Mexican American....my roots are in San Antonio, Texas even before Texas was part of the United States....we did not cross the border, the border crossed us. I am proud to be an American and I will fight to defend it from any foreign attacks...I will go to foreign land to fight for America, but America should wake up to its wrong doing against Native Americans and all other races which they have caused harm to and make things right.
<quoted text>
What more reparations? Money money money.
richard

Hollywood, FL

#8 Feb 7, 2007
Pancho Pantera wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said Pancho,I see you are a man who knows the true history of the Americas.Someone needs to re-write the history of America,not the propaganda and white wash books they teach with in schools.
speed buggy

Arlington, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2007
The police for far to long have with immunity been murdering unarmed people to the point that it has become a common practice and a cure all solution to a situation and I think this is a heads up warning to the police industry that things are changing that you can and will be convicted of these things and sent to prison just like any other American who murders an unarmed person.

Unfortunately in our country, more so in some areas than in others, the badge has become a killers platform and I have no problem whatsoever that these two cops are in prison for murdering an unarmed person.

Besides why are people so adamant and incensed that they got prison time for this murder PLUS lied through their teeth about it all along? Who but another murderer at heart and selfserving liar would do that?

For their lies alone as police they belong in prison. There is a word for that, it's called PERJURY! which basically is an unposecutable crime in our country because perjurers are exposed in coutrooms every day but nothing comes of it.

The lies about the whole matter prove their maliciousness and points directly to murder and anyone taking their side is like kind in principle because they to wish to do something like they did without retribution.

Disclaimer: Just because I myself have been a victim of police lying under oath in court in no way influences my opinion.
EGOR

Altoona, PA

#10 Feb 7, 2007
Five fellow inmates beat ex-Border Patrol agent.

America, the global joke. Any wonder no other Nations want Americans near them....who would.

“ all things considered”

Since: Dec 06

London ,Ky.

#11 Feb 7, 2007
"speedbuggy" you need to read the article, it was not murder that send them to prison .

Since: Jan 07

charlestown,ma

#12 Feb 7, 2007
he won't be a border agent when he gets out so maybe these guys are trying get info out of him.
speed buggy

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2007
jimbow wrote:
"speedbuggy" you need to read the article, it was not murder that send them to prison .
Yeah I think it was lying about the murder that got them in hot water wasn't it?
Hmmm

United States

#14 Feb 8, 2007
richard wrote:
<quoted text> Very well said Pancho,I see you are a man who knows the true history of the Americas.Someone needs to re-write the history of America,not the propaganda and white wash books they teach with in schools.
How about if we give you unhappy revolutionaries, Washington, Oregon, California, and New Mexico,- and it is ALL yours. You get no support or connection with the rest of the nation.

Illegals caught crossing the border may be shot, and will be treated the same as Mexico. They will get long jail sentences with no provisions - you kin will have to provide you with food, medicine, etc. until you jail sentence is over.

You can implement any style of government you wish, but if you step on America's toes, you risk becoming extinct.

You think America is so bad - YOU do better, cry baby.
Hmmm

United States

#15 Feb 8, 2007
richard wrote:
<quoted text> Someone needs to re-write the history of America,not the propaganda and white wash books they teach with in schools.
The Marxist's have been re-writing American history for over 50 years. It's called revisionist history, and the communist countries excel at it.
speed buggy

United States

#16 Feb 8, 2007
You left out exactly who the Marxists were.

Leaving "Marxism" by itself reflects only a political system.

Marxism had a source and to this day still is the only source of it.
John

Richmond, VA

#17 Feb 8, 2007
Pancho Pantera wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a time machine, travel back to 1848, and perhaps then someone will listen to your speech about how Mexicans should be United States citizens.
Mexico City is built on the ruins of the Aztec Empire, which your grandfathers destroyed. Research into the history of *any* nation (America, Mexico, France, China, Egypt) and you will read stories people displacing other people. This is nothing specific to America. The same goes for slavery.
Ask yourself what the United States has today and which Mexico lacks. When you figure out what that is, then go back to Mexico and encourage your people to start a real revolution. There is no room for you guys here.
Hmmm

United States

#18 Feb 8, 2007
Pancho Pantera wrote:
<quoted text>
Caca grande'
south jersey

Elmer, NJ

#19 Feb 9, 2007
I pray that Mr. Ramos will recover from this. And, as in the article - he was ganged up on while he was sleeping - that sounds exactly like what was going on at the borders to stop illegal aliens - Ganged up on while sleeping and trusting - home invasion.
south jersey

Elmer, NJ

#20 Feb 9, 2007
Pancho Pantera wrote:
Its a travesty of Justice to break the law for any reason....for being involved in smuggling or because you are carrying a badge. We were not there where the incident happened....we were not there as members of the jury....the jury convicted and the President has been with deaf ears on calls for pardons of these two outstanding law abiding, badge carrying, officers of the law. But what about the smuggler...what did he get.....immunity from prosecution for his unlawful conduct....where is equal protection of the law? Its almost like sending these officers into Iraq and telling them they can not defend from the potential of bodily harm.
Enough already, true immigration reform is the answer and such should be where the United States of America recognizes each and every Mexican as the Native Americans that they are, that the Guadalupe Hidalgo Treaty be revisted due to the fact that Mexicans did not get the news that they had an option to choose the United States of America or the United States of Mexico to live in. Had Mexicans had the opportunity to say I prefer the good old U.S.A. then the immigration problem would be minimal, as far as Mexicans are concerned. And by the way.....what is difference between the United States invading Mexico and/or Iraq. Mexico did not have WMDs....come to think of it neither did Iraq, but Mexican territory was taken....why not a Bagdad Iraq Treaty which could then be used to deport all the trouble makers to the countries they come from and from which they are illegally in Iraq. Just think, Iraq the 51st state....oil rich....what an oasis!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the former Border Patrol Agents...I think President Bush should pardon them. They should not be in jail and if they are going to be in jail they should be in a different facility other then in the main inmate population. From what I understand they are in isolation....again where is equal protection of the law for these two?
To be continued..........
Pancho, please remember one thing - an illegal alien is an illegal alien is an illegal alien is an illegal alien....furthermore, people are people wherever you go, so why did you choose here??? The natives of America are the various tribes of Native American Indians, not one tribe was called or considered of Spanish dissent, and furher, if one was, what was it?? Besides, when rules were implemented, obviously, you had to follow rules so that you did not bring on self-destructive problems. I feel it is counter-productive to further this conversation. Adios.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walter Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cherokee, Lumbee argue over recognition bill (Apr '07) Aug 7 NKent805 988
News Congress OKs year-end budget deal, sends to Obama (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News A journalistic failure: How the Kevin McCarthy ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Responsibility 5
News House lawmaker files motion to oust Boehner (Jul '15) Jul '15 xxxrayted 4
News No Fast Track: 44 Republicans are voting NO or ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 wild child 1
News Korea veteran receives Purple Heart 64 years later (May '15) May '15 wRDEPT 1
News Republicans prepare to pass Homeland Security f... (Feb '15) Feb '15 John McCharlie 3
More from around the web