Republican stalwarts claim Post endor...

Republican stalwarts claim Post endorsements

There are 9 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Oct 28, 2010, titled Republican stalwarts claim Post endorsements. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Today we're making our endorsements in 2nd District Congressional race, the 4th District Senate race and 3rd district Assembly race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

Mopa Eniwetok

Chico, CA

#1 Oct 28, 2010
Assembly
Dan Logue is running for re-election for assembly against Magalia's Mickey Harrington, who is up for the seat for the third time. Logue has represented this district well, and Harrington still has yet to acquire the experience to be considered as a serious candidate for this seat. Logue is committed improving the business climate in this state; we endorse that agenda and his candidacy.

Really?

It seems that the Paradise Post doesn't regard credibility as an important quality in a candidate or in a representative.

Does anyone remember Dan Logues #1 campaign promise in his run for the Legislature?

His theme, repeated time and time again, was that he would build a fence along California's border with Mexico. It was the central plank in his platform and he built his campaign around it.

The fact that under the law he could do no such thing didn't seem to bother him then- and it didn't bother the post either. The Post was complicit with Logues lie by not reporting the truth about the limitations of a state assemblyman. Logue knew he lied to the people of his district, and so did the Paradise Post.

Now, with the Logue campaign being financially supported by Valero and Tessero, the Texas oil companies behind the financing of Proposition 23 we have the chance to see the truth about who Dan Logue really is- except the Post won't step up and commit to journalistic integrity and inform the citizens in our district of the truth..
Allan

United States

#2 Oct 28, 2010
The Paradise Post takes Reed to task for inaccuracies with the Federal money returned to the district, and yet, never takes Dan Logue to task for his really remarkable inaccuracies present in his e-mails to constituents. Specifically, Logue's use of statistics to "prove" how over taxed we are (he claims we pay more in taxes than we do for food and housing). Rubbish.

Yes, Reed did bring up the Alzheimer's thing. Whereas there is more than enough issues related material to go after Herger, Reed cites an article which did present a bit of telling evidence as to Herger's intellectual acumen.

Here is the article cited: http://www.progressivenewsdaily.com/...

Herger was looking for an excuse not to debate. It would have been better for constituents to learn for ourselves how Herger answers such questions. Not just take the Paradise Post's word for it.

It would have been better to have had no endorsement.
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#3 Oct 29, 2010
Ick! It's looking like I'm the one that's going to be saying "Whatever the Post says, I'm voting just the opposite." It used to be persons on the political right who said that. My how times have changed! The Post has now truly become the corporate voice of the Ridge. Very sad. And so what if Reed made some unwise remarks in his campaign. Herger has been in office for way, WAY too long! And those of you who believe in term limits for Congress ought to be agreeing with me.
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#4 Oct 29, 2010
Mopa Eniwetok wrote:
Assembly
Dan Logue is running for re-election for assembly against Magalia's Mickey Harrington, who is up for the seat for the third time. Logue has represented this district well, and Harrington still has yet to acquire the experience to be considered as a serious candidate for this seat. Logue is committed improving the business climate in this state; we endorse that agenda and his candidacy.
Really?
It seems that the Paradise Post doesn't regard credibility as an important quality in a candidate or in a representative.
Does anyone remember Dan Logues #1 campaign promise in his run for the Legislature?
His theme, repeated time and time again, was that he would build a fence along California's border with Mexico. It was the central plank in his platform and he built his campaign around it.
The fact that under the law he could do no such thing didn't seem to bother him then- and it didn't bother the post either. The Post was complicit with Logues lie by not reporting the truth about the limitations of a state assemblyman. Logue knew he lied to the people of his district, and so did the Paradise Post.
Now, with the Logue campaign being financially supported by Valero and Tessero, the Texas oil companies behind the financing of Proposition 23 we have the chance to see the truth about who Dan Logue really is- except the Post won't step up and commit to journalistic integrity and inform the citizens in our district of the truth..
In other words, Dan Logue: From tea partier to Repug!
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#5 Oct 29, 2010
Allan wrote:
The Paradise Post takes Reed to task for inaccuracies with the Federal money returned to the district, and yet, never takes Dan Logue to task for his really remarkable inaccuracies present in his e-mails to constituents. Specifically, Logue's use of statistics to "prove" how over taxed we are (he claims we pay more in taxes than we do for food and housing). Rubbish.
Yes, Reed did bring up the Alzheimer's thing. Whereas there is more than enough issues related material to go after Herger, Reed cites an article which did present a bit of telling evidence as to Herger's intellectual acumen.
Here is the article cited: http://www.progressivenewsdaily.com/...
Herger was looking for an excuse not to debate. It would have been better for constituents to learn for ourselves how Herger answers such questions. Not just take the Paradise Post's word for it.
It would have been better to have had no endorsement.
I guess with Carol Peterson's departure as publisher, the right-wing charge led by Rick Silva has become a permanent fixture of the editorial board. And Media News Corp. just stands by and counts the greenbacks, legal notes from the Federal Reserve that aren't worth the paper they're printed on. God Ble$$ America!!
Diane Mc

Chico, CA

#6 Oct 29, 2010
I drove out of our lovely town yesterday on a trip to
Chico and what did I see? Lots and lots of ugly political signs. Now I can't speak for anyone else but iI never voted for anyone because of their sign so why do the politicians waiste there money like they do our tax money on them. When I got home I was intrupted from my tasks several times due to political phone calls. Calls that were caned asking me to vote for their canidate or their proposition. I hang up as soon as I hear they are political calls. I have never voted for anyone because of their political calls so why do they keep making them? More waisted money. I decide my vote based on record and information. Sometimes I have to search the web for the information especially local canidates. This year when I got my home ballot when it came to Govenior looked for a spot to write in do over or none of the above. Can't the parties find good people to run? I am disgusted with what American politics has become as well as the politicians that run for office. As Jefferson once said maybe we need another revolution for the people to take back their country.
Allan

United States

#7 Oct 29, 2010
Jay Castor wrote:
<quoted text> I guess with Carol Peterson's departure as publisher, the right-wing charge led by Rick Silva has become a permanent fixture of the editorial board. And Media News Corp. just stands by and counts the greenbacks, legal notes from the Federal Reserve that aren't worth the paper they're printed on. God Ble$$ America!!
How sad.

The Paradise Post does provide some excellent local columnists for which they are to be commended. Jaime O'Neill is always good. The thing on the Tea Partiers by Brown was excellent. The Leftward writers for the PP certainly outshine the Righties.

It'd be nice if the Paradise Post would present something from the Green side of the ledger.

As for Reed? He is no Liberal. He is awful on renewable energy. He opposes removing the dams on the Klamath (and hence restoring the salmon runs). Reed is running a campaign based on competence. That is hard to do when the other guy has been in office forever.

Herger still keeps talking about the "Library group" and the awful forest legislation that passed from that (back in the 90's).

As for the editorial board? I'm wondering if they might break from their awful endorsements and actually come out for Prop 21 (the State Parks Initiative). They could show some balance by endorsing this wonderful measure which fully funds our State Parks and also ensures free access to these State Treasures to all Californians.
bluffian

United States

#8 Oct 29, 2010
It's nice to see the Post giving its reason's for its endorsements.

While the opponents in the other two races haven't been as visible, I thoroughly agree with the Post's assessment on Jim Reed. He's running on the idea that "Patchwork Nation" shows the northstate as being underfunded (when it actually does no such thing) and the idea that Herger may have a debilitating disease that he's hiding (albeit in plain view, as Herger goes to events all over the district regularly).

I wonder why Morris didn't run again - he was a worthy challenger, whereas Reed is a disgrace to the party.
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#9 Nov 1, 2010
bluffian wrote:
It's nice to see the Post giving its reason's for its endorsements.
While the opponents in the other two races haven't been as visible, I thoroughly agree with the Post's assessment on Jim Reed. He's running on the idea that "Patchwork Nation" shows the northstate as being underfunded (when it actually does no such thing) and the idea that Herger may have a debilitating disease that he's hiding (albeit in plain view, as Herger goes to events all over the district regularly).
I wonder why Morris didn't run again - he was a worthy challenger, whereas Reed is a disgrace to the party.
And Jeff Morris still didn't get elected, did he? So, what're you going to do in this hopelessly (gerrymandered) Republican district? Let the Repugs dominate re-districting again? The Paradise Post, in the old days, used to be a liberal island in a sea of reactionary politics in good ol' Butt(e) County. Now there's only the Chico News and Review, which comes out just once a week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Herger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Rep. Dreier announces plan to retire (Feb '12) Mar '12 torch 4
News Gloria Darlene Linch, Red Bluff: SmartMeters (Feb '11) Sep '11 Jeanne S 34
News Calif. rep. wants shared sacrifice in debt talks (Sep '11) Sep '11 lastoutlaw 10
News Herger in downtown Chico on Tuesday (Aug '11) Aug '11 Angry American 8
News Marijuana-legalization push gets voice on Capit... (Dec '10) Jul '11 roaddog 288
News House Republicans seek IRS probe of AARP (Mar '11) Jul '11 joey 37
News GOP calls for IRS probe of AARP (Apr '11) Jul '11 joey 2
More from around the web