Herger, Reed clash over spending

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

Jim Reed, the Democratic congressional candidate in the 2nd District, claims his opponent, Republican Wally Herger, has failed the district by not making sure it gets its fair share of federal dollars.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2010
Mineral Spirits

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

"In his campaign, Herger said he's stressing most the need for the federal government to 'live within its means.' "

Good one, Wally. That sounds like the same position you had when you joined fellow Republicans in voting SIX TIMES to raise the debt ceiling to help fund the ever-so-successful wars in Iraq and Afghanistan earlier this decade.

"Live within its means." Absolutely! When you run out of room to borrow, just vote to borrow more! It's the American way!
bluffian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

The fiscal irresponsibility of Republicans under Bush was appalling.

But the fiscal irresponsibility of Democrats under Obama is worse.

So, if we're concerned about deficits and debt, then which candidate is likely to support greater deficits under Obama? Would anyone doubt that it's Reed?

This is why Herger should (and will) be re-elected.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wally Herger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California Rep. Dreier announces plan to retire (Feb '12) Mar '12 torch 4
Gloria Darlene Linch, Red Bluff: SmartMeters (Feb '11) Sep '11 Jeanne S 34
Calif. rep. wants shared sacrifice in debt talks (Sep '11) Sep '11 lastoutlaw 10
Herger in downtown Chico on Tuesday (Aug '11) Aug '11 Angry American 8
Marijuana-legalization push gets voice on Capit... (Dec '10) Jul '11 roaddog 288
House Republicans seek IRS probe of AARP (Mar '11) Jul '11 joey 37
GOP calls for IRS probe of AARP (Apr '11) Jul '11 joey 2

Search the Wally Herger Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••