Letter to Editor: Cheap shot or legitimate question?

Editor: A Record Searchlight editorial took Democratic congressional candidate Jim Reed to the wood shed for spreading rumors Congressman Wally Herger might be showing signs of mental fatigue. Full Story
Another Day

United States

#1 Oct 21, 2010
Good letter.

As to another aspect of Herger, I was disappointed that he would not debate you in the primary. His stating he "doesn't debate fellow Republicans" is poppycock. If you and Herger had been running neck to neck in the primary, you can bet he would have debated you if it gave him a better chance to win.

As an aside, I hope that you will return to the DN with a weekly column like the one you formerly had. The column was interesting and seemed well thought out. It was heads above any other conservative column in the DN.
Red Bluff Libertarian

Wichita, KS

#2 Oct 21, 2010
double ditto. I always enjoyed reading Stiglich's columns.
Orv

San Jose, CA

#3 Oct 21, 2010
Excellent letter Mr. Stiglich, I agree with you on that subject 100 percent.
call me ishmael

Chico, CA

#4 Oct 21, 2010
Me to PETE REALLY LIKED THE WAY YOU PUT THINGS IN PROPER ORDER SEMPER FI
A Corning Citizen

Chico, CA

#5 Oct 21, 2010
I don't call it a cheap shot. I call it as the normal dirty politics associated with elections.
Reality

Redding, CA

#6 Oct 21, 2010
I am a conservative Democrat but I would have voted for Pete because he is at least honest and not a phony like the rest of our rupublican politicians. All this "I am so insulted" bull from Herger makes him sound like he is weak minded. Man-Up Herger!
Reality

Redding, CA

#7 Oct 21, 2010
Write in Pete S. on the ballot!
Yours Truly

Chico, CA

#8 Oct 22, 2010
Sounds like the sore loser has decided to join the Democrats. Memo to Pete: You lost. Get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Herger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California Rep. Dreier announces plan to retire (Feb '12) Mar '12 torch 4
Gloria Darlene Linch, Red Bluff: SmartMeters (Feb '11) Sep '11 Jeanne S 34
Calif. rep. wants shared sacrifice in debt talks (Sep '11) Sep '11 lastoutlaw 10
Herger in downtown Chico on Tuesday (Aug '11) Aug '11 Angry American 8
Marijuana-legalization push gets voice on Capit... (Dec '10) Jul '11 roaddog 288
House Republicans seek IRS probe of AARP (Mar '11) Jul '11 joey 37
GOP calls for IRS probe of AARP (Apr '11) Jul '11 joey 2

Wally Herger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE