Bend NRA resurfaces

Bend NRA resurfaces

There are 42 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Bend NRA resurfaces. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

The Sacramento River Bend Area is made of nearly 18,000 acres of Bureau of Land Management holdings open to the public free of charge and with few restrictions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Don Polson

Anderson, CA

#42 Oct 3, 2010
now one wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! with sheep like you who couldn't LOL!
Heh.
bluffian

United States

#43 Oct 4, 2010
I am in favor of the NRA idea, but I have concerns, as many do, about the specific form it takes and how that will affect the use of the land.

It's also a bit of a question, to me, about why the boundaries are shown as they are on the map. Why are some contiguous areas excluded? Why are some non-contiguous areas included but not others?

Furthermore, what are some of the plans for improvements, or is it too early to say? For instance, the concerns about increased traffic through Bend might be somewhat allayed if other points of entry had similar facilities (such as the Hog Lake trailhead gaining restrooms).

I wouldn't mind Boxer and Herger wrestling over this for awhile longer. I'd rather wait a year and get a better NRA than have something not as well thought out now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Herger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Rep. Dreier announces plan to retire (Feb '12) Mar '12 torch 4
News Gloria Darlene Linch, Red Bluff: SmartMeters (Feb '11) Sep '11 Jeanne S 34
News Calif. rep. wants shared sacrifice in debt talks (Sep '11) Sep '11 lastoutlaw 10
News Herger in downtown Chico on Tuesday (Aug '11) Aug '11 Angry American 8
News Marijuana-legalization push gets voice on Capit... (Dec '10) Jul '11 roaddog 288
News House Republicans seek IRS probe of AARP (Mar '11) Jul '11 joey 37
News GOP calls for IRS probe of AARP (Apr '11) Jul '11 joey 2
More from around the web