Letter: Herger knows where money is buried

We in the north state are extremely fortunate to have a long standing member of Congress. Full Story
Ms Information

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2011
Lucky to have Wally? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

He probably does know where are all the pork and other farm subsidies are going as he has been enabling that behavior since he was elected. He should be the epitome of the people the TBaggers are looking to remove from the system. Don't you read your own propoganda?

Thanks for the good laugh, a great way to start the morning!
Lone Ranger

Nelson, CA

#2 Jan 12, 2011
Yea he should. He voted for all of it.
Joe Sixpack

Chico, CA

#3 Jan 12, 2011
The Republic Party is just hunky dory with government entitlement programs for corporations. They just oppose the same for people. And what's even more ironic, these government-subsidized corporations get to spend unlimited amounts of money on our elections.
Wally endorses terrorism

Paradise, CA

#4 Jan 12, 2011
Wally Herger endorses right-wing terrorists.

Citizen Cane

Chico, CA

#5 Jan 12, 2011
I swear these letters praising Wally Herger have got to be kidding. Wally loves his free government health insurance but he introduced a bill to repeal health care reform. If he thinks the US health care is so great, why doesn't he and the rest of congress and all government employees for that matter buy their health insurance in the free market like the rest of us?

Herger was very opposed to the stimulus but he asked for $20 million for our district. Did he oppose it or not? If he was against it he shouldn't have asked for anything.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 12, 2011
Joe Sixpack wrote:
The Republic Party is just hunky dory with government entitlement programs for corporations. They just oppose the same for people. And what's even more ironic, these government-subsidized corporations get to spend unlimited amounts of money on our elections.
You know Joe, you finally said something I agree with. Corporate welfare is just wrong, if a business can't sustain itself, with all the greed of CEO's etc.. then it should fail and other companies would start up and run leaner.
Libby Spokestool

Chico, CA

#8 Jan 12, 2011
"I swear these letters praising Wally Herger have got to be kidding"

I wonder how they even get into the paper. I thought we didn't allow that anymore? My god there's another article saying that Wally deplores violence too! This must stop! Pretty soon people to the right of Karl Marx will think they are allowed an opinion!
Joe Sixpack

Chico, CA

#9 Jan 12, 2011
Ranmn7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Joe, you finally said something I agree with. Corporate welfare is just wrong, if a business can't sustain itself, with all the greed of CEO's etc.. then it should fail and other companies would start up and run leaner.
Thanks. We in business have seen a very disturbing trend over the past few years. Many businesses seem to punish successful staffers and reward the failures. Look at the Wall Street executives who got big bonuses and bailouts after FAILING. The radical rightwing thinks the answer is to close a "failing" business. No, the answer is to install competent managers.
Gives You Hell

Chico, CA

#11 Jan 12, 2011
I would actually like someone to interview Herger and ask him about farm subsidies. A straight-up question about what he thinks about it. I'm guessing he'd play politics and probably spin the question into something else but I'll wait to make judgement until I hear something from his mouth.
Disgruntled

Chico, CA

#13 Jan 13, 2011
Is it April fools already?This letter has to be a joke.
Herding Cats

Chico, CA

#16 Jan 13, 2011
Bizarre to see these people hating on Wally Herger when at the same time they denounce hates speech in another thread.
LEW

Rohnert Park, CA

#17 Jan 13, 2011
Sure, wally knows where dam money is, it's in his pocket stupid.
Disgruntled

Chico, CA

#18 Jan 14, 2011
Pointing out how an elected official is incompetent,hypocritical,and pretty much useless in representing the people who elect him is hate.Having Limbaugh come out and say the Democrats want the killer in Arizona to be not guilty is hate mongering.Putting gun sites on elected officials and proclaiming them targets is hate mongering.You would think even the right wing nut-cases could see the difference.But people like herding cats proves they can't.
Disgruntled

Chico, CA

#19 Jan 14, 2011
*-isn't hate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Herger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California Rep. Dreier announces plan to retire (Feb '12) Mar '12 torch 4
Gloria Darlene Linch, Red Bluff: SmartMeters (Feb '11) Sep '11 Jeanne S 34
Calif. rep. wants shared sacrifice in debt talks (Sep '11) Sep '11 lastoutlaw 10
Herger in downtown Chico on Tuesday (Aug '11) Aug '11 Angry American 8
Marijuana-legalization push gets voice on Capit... (Dec '10) Jul '11 roaddog 288
House Republicans seek IRS probe of AARP (Mar '11) Jul '11 joey 37
GOP calls for IRS probe of AARP (Apr '11) Jul '11 joey 2
More from around the web