Republicans to AARP: Payback Time

Republicans to AARP: Payback Time

There are 17 comments on the The New Republic story from Mar 29, 2011, titled Republicans to AARP: Payback Time. In it, The New Republic reports that:

In a political development that will shock nobody, House Republicans are hauling in the AARP to testify before Congress.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New Republic.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Mar 29, 2011
What????? AARP sold out seniors to Democrats AND Republicans>

“Do'n what needs to be done...”

Since: Feb 09

Grand Rapids MI

#2 Mar 30, 2011
Hope they are ready for another one of their lame crazy ideas to back-fire on em.

Since: Sep 10

Willoughby, OH

#3 Mar 30, 2011
Republicans don't want Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, non-evangelicals, and now seniors. And they have problems with voters who don't think giving all the government money to the top 1% of the richest rich is just great.
Toni

Olathe, KS

#4 Mar 30, 2011
Allenall wrote:
Republicans don't want Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, non-evangelicals, and now seniors. And they have problems with voters who don't think giving all the government money to the top 1% of the richest rich is just great.
Seniors are exempt, Most are good citizens, paid their way all their lives, consistently vote, but some low-life Blacks, Hispanics who feed off the system have no intention of paying into entitlements system, and are nothing more than leeches feeding at the trough.
The rich who run our Corporations, and small businesses should be revered, not disparaged. As they pay most of the tax burden in America, provide your jobs that support that life-style that you cherish.
This entitlement mentality of the left is what is wrong with America. Get a grip on reality and realize just who is providing that pie you're eating these days.

“Do'n what needs to be done...”

Since: Feb 09

Grand Rapids MI

#5 Mar 30, 2011
Toni wrote:
<quoted text>
Seniors are exempt, Most are good citizens, paid their way all their lives, consistently vote, but some low-life Blacks, Hispanics who feed off the system have no intention of paying into entitlements system, and are nothing more than leeches feeding at the trough.
The rich who run our Corporations, and small businesses should be revered, not disparaged. As they pay most of the tax burden in America, provide your jobs that support that life-style that you cherish.
This entitlement mentality of the left is what is wrong with America. Get a grip on reality and realize just who is providing that pie you're eating these days.
Toni, if you knew half of what you think you know about taxes and employers and social benefits your comments would be ALMOST creditable.. However it is painfully apparent you are somewhat illiterate in your knowledge of contributions corporations and individuals make into the system.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#6 Mar 30, 2011
Allenall wrote:
Republicans don't want Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, non-evangelicals, and now seniors. And they have problems with voters who don't think giving all the government money to the top 1% of the richest rich is just great.
Just one small problem. The democrats had absolute control over the House,the Senate and the Whitehouse. They passed obamacare that reduced Medicare. Other than that, everybody hates the rich. Soros, Gore, Moore and all of hollywood are natually excused.
drink-THE-hive

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 30, 2011
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one small problem. The democrats had absolute control over the House,the Senate and the Whitehouse. They passed obamacare that reduced Medicare. Other than that, everybody hates the rich. Soros, Gore, Moore and all of hollywood are natually excused.
Hello-Hello McFly Are U Ok...



Typical American (Republicans & Democrat')Waiting 4 The Result' Of The New President On TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Do'n what needs to be done...”

Since: Feb 09

Grand Rapids MI

#8 Mar 31, 2011
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one small problem. The democrats had absolute control over the House,the Senate and the Whitehouse. They passed obamacare that reduced Medicare. Other than that, everybody hates the rich. Soros, Gore, Moore and all of hollywood are natually excused.
Reduced Medicare??? you might want to check these reports, I think you might have been listening to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

http://www.healthcare.gov/center/reports/medi...

http://www.healthcare.gov/center/reports/affo...

http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2010pres/11/201...

Oh and just in case you are wondering, the correct and true name of the Act is "The Affordable Care Act" Not "Obamacare"

“Do'n what needs to be done...”

Since: Feb 09

Grand Rapids MI

#9 Mar 31, 2011
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one small problem. The democrats had absolute control over the House,the Senate and the Whitehouse. They passed obamacare that reduced Medicare. Other than that, everybody hates the rich. Soros, Gore, Moore and all of hollywood are natually excused.
And as for the Democrats having complete control of the Legislature that is correct, unfortunately some of them were REPUGNITCANS in disguise.. and if you are wondering what they were called it was "Blue DOG Democrats. Spineless representatives who voted which ever way the wind blew.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

#10 Mar 31, 2011
Allenall wrote:
Republicans don't want Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, non-evangelicals, and now seniors. And they have problems with voters who don't think giving all the government money to the top 1% of the richest rich is just great.
Now that's funny and so true.

Republiscums and TeaParasites don't like women either unless they are compliant and willing to be barefoot and pregnant. They dislike the college educated and those who live on both coasts. They really only represent old, white, billionaires.

Why does anyone else vote for them or even listen to what they have to say?
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

#11 Mar 31, 2011
Toni wrote:
<quoted text>
Seniors are exempt, Most are good citizens, paid their way all their lives, consistently vote, but some low-life Blacks, Hispanics who feed off the system have no intention of paying into entitlements system, and are nothing more than leeches feeding at the trough.
The rich who run our Corporations, and small businesses should be revered, not disparaged. As they pay most of the tax burden in America, provide your jobs that support that life-style that you cherish.
This entitlement mentality of the left is what is wrong with America. Get a grip on reality and realize just who is providing that pie you're eating these days.
All Republiscum and TeaPorons are PARASITES. They are prostitutes for corporations and serfs to billionaires.

There is nothing in any of you slaves that resembles an American.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

#12 Mar 31, 2011
Top 20 hedge fund managers on Wall Street average $2B/year in income and pay 15% income tax.

OK, let's go beat up a teacher for his/her outrageous $50K in take home pay.

That is the mantra of the rightwing Nazis.

That is what is destroying the USA day in and day out.

WAKE THE HELL UP. Time is really short before a complete fascist takeover by Banksters.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

#13 Mar 31, 2011
http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/incom...

Plutocracy Now.

Average income for the top 1/100ths of 1%=$27 MILLION

Average income for the bottom 90%=$33,244

This is the FEUDALISM that the prostitutes that are Republiscum and TeaParasites want to make WORSE.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

#14 Mar 31, 2011
Every true American patriot should watch this film. Fake patriots need not apply.

WALL STREET IS YOUR ENEMY

WALL STREET IS THE ENEMY OF THE USA

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/inside-job-d...

"Ferguson’s move to slam Wall Street — just as his film had done on the big screen — electrified the proceedings.“Inside Job” portrayed the 2008 financial meltdown as a crime executed by greedy Wall Streeters.

“Forgive me, I must start by pointing out that three years after a horrific financial crisis caused by fraud, not a single financial executive has gone to jail — and that’s wrong,” he said. Ferguson received cheers for his provocative words. "
Toni

Olathe, KS

#15 Apr 7, 2011
OTRDriver wrote:
<quoted text>
Toni, if you knew half of what you think you know about taxes and employers and social benefits your comments would be ALMOST creditable.. However it is painfully apparent you are somewhat illiterate in your knowledge of contributions corporations and individuals make into the system.
Enlighten me Liberal. The montra of the Left is getting stale. Those Corporations heavily voted for your clown-in-chief. Hopefully they have no stomach to do so again.
Toni

Olathe, KS

#16 Apr 7, 2011
Oregon Is Disgusting wrote:
<quoted text>
All Republiscum and TeaPorons are PARASITES. They are prostitutes for corporations and serfs to billionaires.
There is nothing in any of you slaves that resembles an American.
Funny thing is most of them are Elitist Liberals, who heavily bought into the candidacy of Obama in 2008. Interesting you Liberals attempt to hide that fact.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#17 Apr 9, 2011
OTRDriver wrote:
<quoted text>.....Oh and just in case you are wondering, the correct and true name of the Act is "The Affordable Care Act" Not "Obamacare"
The 'affordable' part didn't really pan out, so obama is stuck with it. I know it doesn't make sense that if you add 35 million more people to the system who can't pay now, healthcare will cost less for everyone. It's a progressive optical illusion. This was never about healthcare, it was about who pays for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Herger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Rep. Dreier announces plan to retire (Feb '12) Mar '12 torch 4
News Gloria Darlene Linch, Red Bluff: SmartMeters (Feb '11) Sep '11 Jeanne S 34
News Calif. rep. wants shared sacrifice in debt talks (Sep '11) Sep '11 lastoutlaw 10
News Herger in downtown Chico on Tuesday (Aug '11) Aug '11 Angry American 8
News Marijuana-legalization push gets voice on Capit... (Dec '10) Jul '11 roaddog 288
News House Republicans seek IRS probe of AARP (Mar '11) Jul '11 joey 37
News GOP calls for IRS probe of AARP (Apr '11) Jul '11 joey 2
More from around the web