Herger says president must back words...

Herger says president must back words with actions

There are 16 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jan 26, 2011, titled Herger says president must back words with actions. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Two of the north state's congressional representatives had mixed reactions to President Barack Obama's State of the Union speech Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Bob Scrant

Chico, CA

#1 Jan 26, 2011
I want to know why he did not have a seat.
Sam Crow

Vina, CA

#2 Jan 26, 2011
Wally is another useless career politicion.What does he know about action ?? He is all talk.He can talk for hours and not say anything ! It is amazing how this fool gets re-elected.
Wally is the problem

Chico, CA

#3 Jan 26, 2011
Wally is part of the problem, not the solution.

"It's absolutely essential that Obama's words are backed up with action," - Wally Herger

Wally has spent 20+ years in Congress and we have yet to see any "action" from him.
Middle of the road

Sacramento, CA

#4 Jan 26, 2011
So what kind of comments would you expect from these two repubicans from the party of no?

They want Obama to hurry up and fix the economy that they, repubicans screwed up and have walked in lock –step to obstruct everything Obama has tried to do.
Chico Pico

United States

#5 Jan 26, 2011
How is Herger going to help Obama with those actions? Why can't the press ever ask questions like that? Remember when journalists investigated and asked questions instead of just taking dictation?
Citizen Fred

United States

#6 Jan 26, 2011
"Herger Says...."
Does anyone really care what Wally says? About anything? After nearly 3 decades in office, Wally's still a midget in Washington. Could he even see the President last night from his backbench seat in the House??
paul ames

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jan 26, 2011
I think we can have more confidence in the President now that the anti citizen "California" Progressive maniacs no longer control Congress. Pelosi cost us all dearly but Obama can survive the Pelosi era if he "mans up".
Joe Sixpack

Chico, CA

#8 Jan 26, 2011
"Blahblahblahblah," commented Rep. Wally Herger. "The American people blahblahblah."

As for McClintock, he's pretty out there in FoxWorld too. However, he said he would vote to repeal the "Patriotic" law that Dumya crammed down our throats during the 9/11 hysteria. If he really does support our Constitution, I might change my mind about the guy.
Disgruntled

United States

#10 Jan 26, 2011
Waldo mentions some people 'get it'.Too bad he doesn't.Never has,never will.What a useless mass of skin and bones.
Middle of the road

Sacramento, CA

#11 Jan 26, 2011
Bob Stanton wrote:
The Party of No?
Of course, the government owes it's citizens everything they want.
A nice home.
A nice car.
A nice job.
Free health care.
and most of it at someone elses expense.
And of course we can just continue to print money and sell bonds to China forever.
No problem.
Or we the working class could put on knee -pads and do it your way..........

Strange, repubicans all dislike/hate gay people butt you want working class people to wear knee -pads. A bit a contradiction don't ya think?
Hand

Grass Valley, CA

#12 Jan 26, 2011
Bob Scrant wrote:
I want to know why he did not have a seat.
One of two may have created this situation.

1) it's a clear indication of what little power he has in DC politics even after 20+ years as a CA rep.

2) there weren't enough booster seats to around for the little guys (both in statue and clout)
Dane Thorsen

Surfside, CA

#13 Jan 26, 2011
Middle of the road wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we the working class could put on knee -pads and do it your way..........
Strange, repubicans all dislike/hate gay people butt you want working class people to wear knee -pads. A bit a contradiction don't ya think?
Not so fast. I am Gay and many of my friends are fed up with being using by the Democratic Party in California. We aren't ghetto blacks and won't support the planned destruction of our State by the Democratic Party politicians.
Middle of the road

Sacramento, CA

#14 Jan 26, 2011
Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast. I am Gay and many of my friends are fed up with being using by the Democratic Party in California. We aren't ghetto blacks and won't support the planned destruction of our State by the Democratic Party politicians.
So you're o.k. with requiring every potential worker or person who has a job to orally copulate the boss to get or keep a job?

Wow, I’m investing in a company that makes knee –pads.
Delevan

Colusa, CA

#15 Jan 26, 2011
Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
the planned destruction of our State by the Democratic Party politicians.
'Planned destruction of the state', are you serious? Tell me that is just idiotic hyperbole.

You don't really think that the Democrats are not only wrong on policy but that they are actually 'planning to destroy' California, do you?

It is one thing to think a political opponent is wrong, and if they had their way, their policies might hurt the state, country, whatever, and entirely another to impugn their motives and say that they want to, are 'planning to', destroy the state, country whatever.

You don't really believe that crap do you?
Middle of the road

Sacramento, CA

#16 Jan 26, 2011
Delevan wrote:
<quoted text>
'Planned destruction of the state', are you serious? Tell me that is just idiotic hyperbole.
You don't really think that the Democrats are not only wrong on policy but that they are actually 'planning to destroy' California, do you?
It is one thing to think a political opponent is wrong, and if they had their way, their policies might hurt the state, country, whatever, and entirely another to impugn their motives and say that they want to, are 'planning to', destroy the state, country whatever.
You don't really believe that crap do you?
I'll bet he does believe it.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#17 May 5, 2011
Middle of the road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet he does believe it.
Hey road toad…….Thanks for helping me keep this post in front of as many people as possible.
It is great for a laugh…….
You should read the personal messages that people are sending……………
They really can’t believe that you could be so dumb………..LOL

What are you afraid of??

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ca/T3VS9F3MO...

Post 71

For many years I worked as a government employee who earned significantly less than contractors working on the same job. The harassment was very intense and hurtful at times.

Do you know how demoralizing it is to be told by management to assist in every means possible a consultant who makes twice what you make? Get that? Politicians hire top dollar consultants and then direct low paid rank and file state employees to do the work the consultant is being paid to do.

Makes you just love those republican bosses!

Yet even with my less than prevailing wages I shopped and supported union businesses. I wouldn’t shop at wally -mart or target. I’d rather pay a little more for American made than for chi -com crap.

And as there is less and less union made items on the shelves it’s becoming impossible to support American labor so I to will now spend a significant amount of my CALPERS and Social Security on out -of -state/country items/services.

I’m buying a new travel trailer and it’s coming from out of state because I couldn’t see buying something from my California neighbors who want to screw me out of my retirement.

Oh and the moron with the link to the poll, my wife took a 14% cut in wages, pays more into her PERS and contributes more to her medical benefits.

Then in post # 99 I posted this and you said you would answer the question after I answered your question and that I have done many times including on the thread I started just for you
Why won’t you answer the question??
What are you afraid of??

Was it floored in California??
Was it prepped in California?
Was it sold in California?
Was it registered in California?
Did a dealer in California make money and pay income tax on it?
Did someone wash it each week that it sat on a lot in California and have a job and pay taxes?
Was it ever run in a TV, Newspaper or radio ad in California and did the advertiser pay taxes on any of that money?

Why are you so afraid to answer the questions that you said you would after I answered yours????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Herger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Rep. Dreier announces plan to retire (Feb '12) Mar '12 torch 4
News Gloria Darlene Linch, Red Bluff: SmartMeters (Feb '11) Sep '11 Jeanne S 34
News Calif. rep. wants shared sacrifice in debt talks (Sep '11) Sep '11 lastoutlaw 10
News Herger in downtown Chico on Tuesday (Aug '11) Aug '11 Angry American 8
News Marijuana-legalization push gets voice on Capit... (Dec '10) Jul '11 roaddog 288
News House Republicans seek IRS probe of AARP (Mar '11) Jul '11 joey 37
News GOP calls for IRS probe of AARP (Apr '11) Jul '11 joey 2
More from around the web