Herger skipping Wednesday's debate in...

Herger skipping Wednesday's debate in Chico

There are 88 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Herger skipping Wednesday's debate in Chico. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Two days before a long-planned debate, Congressman Wally Herger's staff informed organizers he won't attend the Wednesday event in Chico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Chicken Little

Oroville, CA

#1 Oct 5, 2010
I'm not surprised. Another example of a career politician... Wally sucks.
Knucklehead

Redding, CA

#2 Oct 5, 2010
Better to be thought the fool than to open his mouth and remove any doubt.
Brain Dead Republican

Chico, CA

#3 Oct 5, 2010
There are more of us BDR's in Redding. I do not mind driving up to see him. He is just that dreamy.
Pappy

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2010
Herger's arrogance shows clearly by this move.
time to go

Orland, CA

#5 Oct 5, 2010
Herger is not a smart individual. I have spoken with him more than once and each time I come away with a "how the heck did he get voted in" feeling. It is no wonder he will not speak or debate publicly in front of a mostly educated crowd.
vet sixties era

Chico, CA

#6 Oct 5, 2010
time to go wrote:
Herger is not a smart individual. I have spoken with him more than once and each time I come away with a "how the heck did he get voted in" feeling. It is no wonder he will not speak or debate publicly in front of a mostly educated crowd.
Isnt that amazing we vote for them hoping we can trust them and with the promise that they will work hard for us for all our needs and they pick and choose when they want how they want and where they want it.Time to retire sir.
Frank

United States

#7 Oct 5, 2010
Herger is skipping the debate just like he's skipping representing the voters. Its because he thinks his seat is safe and that we are too dumb to notice that he doesn't even care about us enough to bother showing up. The last time Herger bothered speaking to a Chico audience it was to try to sell us on Bush's privatization scheme for Social Security.
Now they want more of the same.
Republicans want to raise the retirement age.
Cut benefits for those still working.
Privatize Medicare.
Privatize the VA.
Eliminate Unemployment insurance.
Force women to bear rapist's babies.
Start another war with Iran.

Do the right thing and dump this arrogant parasite.
Vote for the Democrat!
vet sixties era

Chico, CA

#8 Oct 5, 2010
Frank wrote:
Herger is skipping the debate just like he's skipping representing the voters. Its because he thinks his seat is safe and that we are too dumb to notice that he doesn't even care about us enough to bother showing up. The last time Herger bothered speaking to a Chico audience it was to try to sell us on Bush's privatization scheme for Social Security.
Now they want more of the same.
Republicans want to raise the retirement age.
Cut benefits for those still working.
Privatize Medicare.
Privatize the VA.
Eliminate Unemployment insurance.
Force women to bear rapist's babies.
Start another war with Iran.
Do the right thing and dump this arrogant parasite.
Vote for the Democrat!
Idid I voted for obama and we are still in iraq and still in afghan (big time) and we are one step away fromm iran.I still want to believe in obama but as long as pelosi and reid are running the show we are screwed.
Frank

United States

#9 Oct 5, 2010
vet sixties era wrote:
<quoted text>Idid I voted for obama and we are still in iraq and still in afghan (big time) and we are one step away fromm iran.I still want to believe in obama but as long as pelosi and reid are running the show we are screwed.
Two words: Speaker Boehner.

Vote for the Democrat. Take care Vet, and have a good day.
Foothill Guy

United States

#10 Oct 5, 2010
Yes we need a Speaker Boehner. In 1997, he gave out checks from the tobacco companies to his republican members on the House floor because they supported a tobacco bill.

He is a empty suit just like Wally....

Can we do better than Wally?
Mike

Chico, CA

#11 Oct 5, 2010
Please vote this guy out! He's a career politician, having been in office for 24 years! Let's get some fresh blood and ideas in place of him. I hope we don't wait until he's removed from office in a coffin. I'm voting for Reed, I suggest we all do the same.
damspam

Paradise, CA

#13 Oct 5, 2010
He had a more pressing engagement: he had to stay home and wait for the cable guy.
Annoyed

Chico, CA

#14 Oct 5, 2010
time to go wrote:
"How the heck...." exactly the question!!!

My wife met him on numerous occasions at CSU functions, and this was her comment also.

However, since these functions were associated with the government/political training group at the school, she had the opportunity to discuss this with some professors of political science. The historically correct answer: His parents (rich ag family) used their influence and fortune to get him the job, and he's been coasting ever since. Could it have been any other way?

This dunderhead couldn't think his way out of a paper bag. Now he just hides as much as possible (when he isn't bending over for his republican "betters" that is).
Joe Sixpack

Paradise, CA

#15 Oct 5, 2010
Herger might still be stinging from the fact that one of his daughters turned Christian, and now her Mormon family has ostracized her.
Press 1 For English

United States

#16 Oct 5, 2010
I attended Wally's campaign "contributors" party in Colusa a couple years ago. He is one of the most arrogant and useless individuals I have seen. Rather than talking about his platform and where he stands on issues, all he did was crack mean jokes about Obama. Although I'm not an Obama supporter, it seemed pretty mean-spirited and not helpful. How does this guy keep getting sent back to DC? Oh, that's right...rice farmers and wealthy rednecks. The same (subsidized) rice farmers who burn thier fields after harvest. While we tax payers are penalized for heating our homes with wood. Nice...
unreal

Chico, CA

#17 Oct 5, 2010
Why why why? Why is this the person that "represents" us? He does not communicate with us, he does not advocate for north state needs, he does not initiate any govt action. He is a hack at best.
Pathetic

Paradise, CA

#18 Oct 5, 2010
What a total coward. Typical Republican. This is going on all over the country. These guys got the public outraged last summer now they are too cowardly to show up and debate opponents. It doesn't matter anyway because they know that Republican voters are so ignorant, they will vote "R" no matter who is on the ballot.
Wow

Dunnigan, CA

#19 Oct 5, 2010
WOW! Guess he doesn't need my vote.

Buster202

Since: Jun 09

San Antonio, TX

#20 Oct 5, 2010
Jobs

We have in the District a persistent unemployment rate that far exceeds the national average and I believe there is a direct correlation between the high unemployment rate and the fact that the District does not get back its fair share of our tax dollars. If for instant Shasta and Butte Counties received just average Federal spending for rural counties, each of these Counties would receive more than an additional $1 billion dollars per year. That much more money flowing through these Counties should create enough new jobs to cut the unemployment rate there in half.

http://www.reednow.com/issues.html

So apparently Reed thinks the problem with jobs in the north state is that the government doesn't spend enough money here?

Yeah, just what we need more governent subsidies.

Buster202

Since: Jun 09

San Antonio, TX

#21 Oct 5, 2010
As an attorney with a Masters Degree in Taxation and who regularly advises clients of tax consequences, I prefer reform of excessive executive pay, which I believe to be one of the main causes of the recent economic meltdown.

http://www.reednow.com/issues.html

Executive pay was one of the main causes of the economic meltdown?

This guy is as stupid as the "votes for a living" posters above.

Apparently he's never heard of Barney Frank, Fannie Mae, Bill Clinton signing the Graham, Leach, Biley Act, and the Community Reinvestment Act of 1995 - and the liberal idea of -

"its not fair that the only people who can afford homes are the people who can afford homes".

Maybe when Reed gets to Washington he can think up a brand new idea like "home loans for people who can't afford to pay them back".

-----

As the article says there are debates already scheduled. This is just a hit piece.

Grow up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wally Herger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Rep. Dreier announces plan to retire (Feb '12) Mar '12 torch 4
News Gloria Darlene Linch, Red Bluff: SmartMeters (Feb '11) Sep '11 Jeanne S 34
News Calif. rep. wants shared sacrifice in debt talks (Sep '11) Sep '11 lastoutlaw 10
News Herger in downtown Chico on Tuesday (Aug '11) Aug '11 Angry American 8
News Marijuana-legalization push gets voice on Capit... (Dec '10) Jul '11 roaddog 288
News House Republicans seek IRS probe of AARP (Mar '11) Jul '11 joey 37
News GOP calls for IRS probe of AARP (Apr '11) Jul '11 joey 2
More from around the web