Perriello Wants Goode Ad Pulled from TV

Perriello Wants Goode Ad Pulled from TV

There are 17 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 28, 2008, titled Perriello Wants Goode Ad Pulled from TV. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Fifth District Democratic congressional candidate Tom Perriello is asking local television stations, including NBC29, to pull one of his opponent's ads that Perriello calls misleading.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

American Patriot

Ferrum, VA

#1 Sep 28, 2008
Goode has sacrificed his right to represent us Americans. His scandel ridden tenure in congress should end now. I believe he is a little scared after being a Washington fat cat for so many years.
Another mini Swift Boat tactic that Americans are so tired of.
Chris

United States

#2 Sep 28, 2008
Comment #1 is libelous and if the commercial is, then Mr. Periello can file suit. Some of the %65 of people who support Congressman Goode, in his District, feel justified in saying that Mr Periello's characterizations of Congressman Goode's policies and actions, are libelous. I haven't seen that article, though. Please stop whining, Mr. Periello. This is a campaign, for pity sake! You should kiss the ground for the votes you have and not begrudge a well-liked third term Congressman, his!
Douglas

United States

#3 Sep 28, 2008
American Patriot wrote:
Goode has sacrificed his right to represent us Americans. His scandel ridden tenure in congress should end now. I believe he is a little scared after being a Washington fat cat for so many years.
Another mini Swift Boat tactic that Americans are so tired of.
If Perriello can't take the heat of a campaign then he does not have the balls to represent me in Washington.
Jack Smith

Overland Park, KS

#4 Sep 28, 2008
Tom Perriello tried to pretend he was pro-life when starting Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good.

Now that he's running for Congress his position on abortion is the same as NARAL's.

He'll say anything to get elected. What kind of a change is that?

catholickey.blogspot.com
Lord

United States

#5 Sep 28, 2008
Chris wrote:
Comment #1 is libelous and if the commercial is, then Mr. Periello can file suit. Some of the %65 of people who support Congressman Goode, in his District, feel justified in saying that Mr Periello's characterizations of Congressman Goode's policies and actions, are libelous. I haven't seen that article, though. Please stop whining, Mr. Periello. This is a campaign, for pity sake! You should kiss the ground for the votes you have and not begrudge a well-liked third term Congressman, his!
Foghorn Leghorn is a disgrace that marks Virginia as a backward state and it is a travesty that this ignorant cracker is associated with the district that includes Charlottesville
Lord

United States

#6 Sep 28, 2008
Douglas wrote:
<quoted text>
If Perriello can't take the heat of a campaign then he does not have the balls to represent me in Washington.
But a corrupt liar does?
Leftist Conspiracy

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Sep 28, 2008
If Periello doesn't think the ad is fair, he should sue. He shouldn't expect news organizations to make judgements and take sides. We have seen far too much of that lately. They are supposed to report what they see and hear, and of course take in revenues through ads. It is not the media's job to make decisions as to whether an ad gets pulled or not. Let the voters decide in the voting booth.
John Sanderson

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Sep 28, 2008
This is for all sides.

Name me a politician that has always been clean, that runs a clean campaign.
Oh, and back it up with proof.

Congressman Goode is the only politician that has actually taken time to answer a letter from me.
His reply to my letter showed me that he, not some lackey, actually read my letter.

Politicians across the board need to clean up their acts. Politically and morally.
Ace

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Sep 28, 2008
The truth is, Congressman Goode has done almost nothing for the fifth district. He's a lazy backbencher who is just happy to get a fat paycheck. I imagine this ad is the first of many from Mr. Goode, who will try desperately to keep his cushy little seat. It would be great to have someone who would work to bring us transportation money, road money, new employers, etc.

We could use more jobs in the fifth district, but Mr. Goode does not care.
You may vote for him if you like, but I'm going to give the other guy a chance. I think he'll at least try to do something for us. With the economy in such dire straits, it only makes sense.
CBunny

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Sep 29, 2008
Oh, what, he's NOT going to raise taxes up the wazoo? Yeah, right.
Bitsy

Southfield, MI

#11 Sep 29, 2008
We should all be taking bets to see how fast it will take any of our elected officials to disgrace the Blue Ridge skyline and mountaintops with usless wind machines. I don't believe it's who's elected that matters, but who the lobbyists have in their pockets.
Douglas

Crozet, VA

#12 Sep 29, 2008
Lord wrote:
<quoted text>But a corrupt liar does?
Be real show me one honest politician they are all corrupt in their own ways.
Guy

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Sep 29, 2008
Good-bye, Goode. You had a great chance to help us - your neighbors! But you just haven't done anything. I wish I knew why.
Lyn

Culpeper, VA

#14 Sep 30, 2008
I expect near elections to see politicians distort the record of whomever they are running against. It is the responsibility of the voter to get the true facts. What I don't understand is the need to manipulate a photograph. I think NBC 29 is cowardly for not asking the Goode camp about that part of the controversy. The first time I saw this add I was sure it would be pulled, even before Perriello spoke out. Don't insult your viewers. It you don't pull the add at least go back and ask why the makers of the add chose the visual effects that they did? What are they really trying to say, that Perriello isn't white enough for Virginia?
Steve

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Oct 7, 2008
Periello's claim that Goode is in the pocket of Wall Street firms rings hollow when considered against Goode's 2 no votes on the bailout! When is Periello going to talk about the HUNDREDS of thousands in campaign donations he receives from outside the 5th district, and outside the State of Virginia? Periello claims to be a Catholic, yet won't advocate outlawing abortion as the faith requires, claims he will "create" jobs when Government only creates Government jobs, and spends more time running against George Bush than Goode; he's just another political hack.
Rob in Roanoke

Roanoke, VA

#16 Oct 14, 2008
Goode should be ashamed to be associated with such despicable deception. The fact that he refuses to pull this ad shows just what sort of dishonest, desperate politician he is.
Sandy

Raven, VA

#17 Oct 20, 2008
Some of you make me laugh. You didn't see anything wrong with Perihellno's ad where he changes Kennedy's statement to "Ask not what you can do for your country, Ask what more you can get out of your Government." Yes, the lazy do nothings really see it that way. Take from the hard workers and earners and give it to those that can't even get your order right at McDonald's.

To his pathetic latest jungle-
Perihellno's not the guy for me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virgil Goode Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump to rivals: Bring it on (Dec '15) Dec '15 FalseFlagOrTerrorism 1
News Sheriff Joe injects new life into Obama eligibi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 ICE 2
News Like Ron Paul? Avoid Mitt Romney (Oct '12) Mar '13 swedenforever 116
News Obama leads but Romney with shot in electoral race (Nov '12) Nov '12 Single working fe... 2
News Glendora Patch 2012 Election Guide (Nov '12) Nov '12 LowIncomeHousing4... 1
News Who's Getting The American Conservative 's Votes? (Oct '12) Oct '12 JDC 1
News Liberal 'Think Progress' Peddles Romney Ship Bu... (Oct '12) Oct '12 fukuda 1
More from around the web