Gary Johnson Libertarian Candidate Wo...

Gary Johnson Libertarian Candidate Worries Republicans

There are 8 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Oct 15, 2012, titled Gary Johnson Libertarian Candidate Worries Republicans. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

When he was running for the Republican presidential nomination last year, Gary Johnson , the former two-term Republican governor of New Mexico, drew ridicule from mainstream party members as he advocated legalized marijuana and a 43 percent cut in military spending.

Now campaigning as the Libertarian Party’s presidential nominee, Mr. Johnson is still only a blip in the polls. But he is on the ballot in every state except Michigan and Oklahoma, enjoys the support of a few small “super PACs” and is trying to tap into the same grass-roots enthusiasm that helped build Representative Ron Paul a big following.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#1 Oct 15, 2012
I always found this amusing. Republicans and Democrats refuse to have any other person int he debate under the guise that they will take votes from one party or another.

Well..........Is that not the f*cking point?

Let's look at it this way. You have a pie. That pie represents the voter base. There are X amount of candidates pushing for most of that pie in order to win.
So anyone running against the D and R's will be making the attempt to control most of the pie.

But instead of looking at it that way. The D and R flag carriers here will sit there and bitch that X person took votes away from one of the two party people.

Well, I have a question. What happens when the two parties basically merge and become one but give the people the illusion of choice when there is no choice. Basically, a duopoly.

Coke vs Pepsi, AT&T vs Verizon, Ford or Chevy, McDonald's vs Burger King, etc.....
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#2 Oct 15, 2012
Well, like it or not, the next election will produce either a Democrat or Republican winner.

While Ron Paul had his small collection of supporters, he did NOT win his party's nomination.

The equally small collection of libertarian supporters have NO CHANCE of beating either Obama or Romney.

That's the REALITY of American politics.

<UNFORTUNATELY>
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#3 Oct 15, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
Well, like it or not, the next election will produce either a Democrat or Republican winner.
While Ron Paul had his small collection of supporters, he did NOT win his party's nomination.
The equally small collection of libertarian supporters have NO CHANCE of beating either Obama or Romney.
That's the REALITY of American politics.
<UNFORTUNATELY>
The elitists in both parties got what they wanted. Ron Paul was marginalized and contained. The four years since the last election has slowly been forgotten on the "why's" the Repubs took a drubbing. No matter who wins there will be a short fuse by the voters and Repub voters will turn on Romney quickly if they remember the same path that got the 2008 blowout. One other thing. Ron Paul voters could tip this election to Obama if they wanted to.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 15, 2012
More gubmint news for people that like gubmint news from Mr. Bill

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#5 Oct 15, 2012
the media (and topix's very own douchebagger, mr bill) want us to think that.

but, we don't.
U issso booteefool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#6 Oct 15, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
I always found this amusing. Republicans and Democrats refuse to have any other person int he debate under the guise that they will take votes from one party or another.
Well..........Is that not the f*cking point?
Let's look at it this way. You have a pie. That pie represents the voter base. There are X amount of candidates pushing for most of that pie in order to win.
So anyone running against the D and R's will be making the attempt to control most of the pie.
But instead of looking at it that way. The D and R flag carriers here will sit there and bitch that X person took votes away from one of the two party people.
Well, I have a question. What happens when the two parties basically merge and become one but give the people the illusion of choice when there is no choice. Basically, a duopoly.
Coke vs Pepsi, AT&T vs Verizon, Ford or Chevy, McDonald's vs Burger King, etc.....
how booteefool U is!!! a centree ago the king lost the castle? think 2100 what hav pen to the World partee!!!!!!;-000000h, U can write a novel abuuutt dis U can make alot of $$$$$$$$$$;)~
YourEx

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2012
Frightwingers &
Progressives.
Put your vote where
Your
Big
Flapping
Hypocritical
Yaps are.
Vote Gary Johnson!!!!!
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#10 Oct 22, 2012
"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. "

Ronald Reagan

The GOP needs to embrace libertarianism as much as they do, pro life or anti gay marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virgil Goode Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Time for an Immigration Moratorium (Dec '09) Sep '17 C Kersey 4
News Trump to rivals: Bring it on (Dec '15) Dec '15 FalseFlagOrTerrorism 1
News Sheriff Joe injects new life into Obama eligibi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 ICE 2
News Like Ron Paul? Avoid Mitt Romney (Oct '12) Mar '13 swedenforever 115
News Obama leads but Romney with shot in electoral race (Nov '12) Nov '12 Single working fe... 2
News Glendora Patch 2012 Election Guide (Nov '12) Nov '12 LowIncomeHousing4... 1
News Who's Getting The American Conservative 's Votes? (Oct '12) Oct '12 JDC 1