Tiny presence, unknown impact for 3rd...

Tiny presence, unknown impact for 3rd parties

There are 27 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Oct 5, 2012, titled Tiny presence, unknown impact for 3rd parties. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Third-party candidates Gary Johnson and Virgil Goode are blips in the presidential race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vote4whoUwant

Pottstown, PA

#24 Oct 18, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
This country has a 2 party political system. A third party candidate will never be eleced. Not ever. When was the last time a 3rd party got more the 5% of the vote except for Perot, and he didn't really want it. Libertarian party never runs a candidate worth voting for, and no one will vote for a candidate that thinks you should do whatever you want to do. We have to have laws.
Don't you mean this country is dominated by a 2 party system? I don't think it's written anywhere that it has to be a 2 party system.

Are you one of those I don't want to "waste" my vote crowd. You should be voting for who ever you want to be your candidate/choice. Over strategizing the vote is what has lead this country down he river for decadess. Vote for your actual choice in candidates and propositions. Comprimise or settling for the lesser of two evils is what politician tell their sheeple to do. Who says the sheeple will follow only one of two leaders.
Cat74

United States

#25 Oct 18, 2012
There are only 2 parties that dominate our electon ycle. o 3rd party candidate has ever recently gotten eve 20% of the vote. If a tird party could field a competitive candidate fine, but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime or yours. Johnson was a Republican. He won't get 3% of the vote. He is just wasting his daddys money.
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#26 Oct 19, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
If a tird party could field a competitive candidate fine, but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime or yours.
It is the republicans and democrats that are the turd parties.
Cat74

United States

#27 Oct 19, 2012
It is the 3rd, and additional parties that never offer a suitable candidate. Just once I would like to see a credible candidate. It is always some has been looking for a cushy job who never achieved much in their lives.
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#28 Oct 19, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
It is the 3rd, and additional parties that never offer a suitable candidate. Just once I would like to see a credible candidate. It is always some has been looking for a cushy job who never achieved much in their lives.
You are so right after all Ross Perot never accomplished anything worthy in his life.

And then there was Abraham Lincoln, the first elected Republican party member elected. The party had been formed a mere 6 years prior in 1854.

You are right they were both looking for cushy jobs and never really accomplished much in life.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#29 Oct 19, 2012
Any party is better than the republican taliban party.
Cat74

United States

#30 Oct 19, 2012
Ross Perot really didn't want to be President. That is why he made up that hokey story about terrorists at his daughter's wedding. I am talking about a credible candidate that wants to be President,and can talk about what he will do, and how he will accomplish his agenda. We have grave problems. We cannot take another 4 years of party time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virgil Goode Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump to rivals: Bring it on (Dec '15) Dec '15 FalseFlagOrTerrorism 1
News Sheriff Joe injects new life into Obama eligibi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 ICE 2
News Like Ron Paul? Avoid Mitt Romney (Oct '12) Mar '13 swedenforever 116
News Obama leads but Romney with shot in electoral race (Nov '12) Nov '12 Single working fe... 2
News Glendora Patch 2012 Election Guide (Nov '12) Nov '12 LowIncomeHousing4... 1
News Who's Getting The American Conservative 's Votes? (Oct '12) Oct '12 JDC 1
News Liberal 'Think Progress' Peddles Romney Ship Bu... (Oct '12) Oct '12 fukuda 1
More from around the web