Tiny presence, unknown impact for 3rd...

Tiny presence, unknown impact for 3rd parties

There are 27 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Oct 5, 2012, titled Tiny presence, unknown impact for 3rd parties. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

Third-party candidates Gary Johnson and Virgil Goode are blips in the presidential race.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#2 Oct 5, 2012
They're smaller than RON PAUL, another nobody.
sieu lieu hong

Central District, Hong Kong

#3 Oct 5, 2012
tripartisunk!;-000000
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
They're smaller than RON PAUL, another nobody.
Someone would have thought a hanging chad on a poorly punched ballot card was not a big deal but it was.

It is ashamed that Americans are so partisan to the two main parties as not to look at what others have to offer, especially since those two main parties have gotten us in such a mess. One would think that people would be so mad that they would vote for anyone but a democrat or a republican.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#5 Oct 5, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone would have thought a hanging chad on a poorly punched ballot card was not a big deal but it was.
It is ashamed that Americans are so partisan to the two main parties as not to look at what others have to offer, especially since those two main parties have gotten us in such a mess. One would think that people would be so mad that they would vote for anyone but a democrat or a republican.
Amen. Then again it sounds like dissent is a bad word these days.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#6 Oct 5, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Then again it sounds like dissent is a bad word these days.
According to predictions we will have a third party surface this decade when the effect of mis government over the years takes such a serious toll on us.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#7 Oct 5, 2012
Yeah, but RON PAUL will be dead by then.
Cat74

United States

#8 Oct 5, 2012
Republicans learned with Perot it doesn't pay to vote 3rd party. The Johnson vote will come from pot heads who are mostly Democrats.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#11 Oct 5, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Republicans learned with Perot it doesn't pay to vote 3rd party. The Johnson vote will come from pot heads who are mostly Democrats.
I guess liberty is too scary for you, awful ignorant if all you can learn from what the libertarian party is about is that they want to legalize drugs. It is not about drugs anyway it is about someone needs to decide what is and is not ok for you to do the government or you. Liberians believe that if you are not hurting someone else then you should decide.
Cat74

United States

#12 Oct 5, 2012
This country has a 2 party political system. A third party candidate will never be eleced. Not ever. When was the last time a 3rd party got more the 5% of the vote except for Perot, and he didn't really want it. Libertarian party never runs a candidate worth voting for, and no one will vote for a candidate that thinks you should do whatever you want to do. We have to have laws.
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#13 Oct 9, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
This country has a 2 party political system. A third party candidate will never be eleced. Not ever.
The GOP was a third party formed in 1854, elected Lincoln 6 years later as POTUS.
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#14 Oct 9, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Libertarian party never runs a candidate worth voting for,
And the other side of the coin, the democrats and republicans keep giving us quality candidates, why would we even consider anyone else?
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#15 Oct 10, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
This country has a 2 party political system. A third party candidate will never be eleced. Not ever. When was the last time a 3rd party got more the 5% of the vote except for Perot, and he didn't really want it. Libertarian party never runs a candidate worth voting for, and no one will vote for a candidate that thinks you should do whatever you want to do. We have to have laws.
It has been a while, the 1800's, and there have been only three presidents of a third party and there are currently only 2 senators. The biggest impact of the third parties have been to draw attention to something which the two major parties are ignoring as a protest. Times are ripe for another party and a lot of people would warm to one. Even if they are not successful themselves they can dramatically impact politics because presidential elections are won by only a few points these days.
Cat74

United States

#16 Oct 10, 2012
Gary Johnson is 3rd party, and he won't get 5% of the vote. That doesn't seem like a huge protest vote. Yes, there are disgruntled people in both parties, but a 3rd party effort is useless. All it would do is return President Obama to office, and that is the last thing independents want to do. He is losing the Independent vote 78% to 11%. The few 3rd party votes they would get would have no Impasct. Now give me a Reaganesque 3rd party candidate, and I will mortgage the homested to put him in office.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#17 Oct 10, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Gary Johnson is 3rd party, and he won't get 5% of the vote. That doesn't seem like a huge protest vote. Yes, there are disgruntled people in both parties, but a 3rd party effort is useless. All it would do is return President Obama to office, and that is the last thing independents want to do. He is losing the Independent vote 78% to 11%. The few 3rd party votes they would get would have no Impasct. Now give me a Reaganesque 3rd party candidate, and I will mortgage the homested to put him in office.
you like regan who had libertarian views but you won't vote for a libertarian.
Cat74

United States

#18 Oct 10, 2012
Johnson is not a real Libertarian. He was, and likely still is a moderate Republican. Don't forget he has a record as Governor.
Yvonne Caldera

Copperas Cove, TX

#19 Oct 11, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Johnson is not a real Libertarian. He was, and likely still is a moderate Republican.
How many moderate republicans think marijuana should be legalized?

I can't think of one, can you?
Cat74

United States

#20 Oct 11, 2012
A moderate Republica is close to being a Democrat, and they all want to legalize pot. Do you think Johnson lied about being a Republican, or is lying about being a libertarian? Or maybe he does not know what he i s.
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#21 Oct 12, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
A moderate Republica is close to being a Democrat, and they all want to legalize pot.
Name them.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#22 Oct 12, 2012
Name them yourself. If I could find them so could you. I don't cater to the mentally challenged.
JDC

Copperas Cove, TX

#23 Oct 12, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Name them yourself. If I could find them so could you.
SO you are coming up empty on your false claims. I'm not surprised.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Virgil Goode Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Time for an Immigration Moratorium (Dec '09) Sep 18 C Kersey 4
News Trump to rivals: Bring it on (Dec '15) Dec '15 FalseFlagOrTerrorism 1
News Sheriff Joe injects new life into Obama eligibi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 ICE 2
News Like Ron Paul? Avoid Mitt Romney (Oct '12) Mar '13 swedenforever 115
News Obama leads but Romney with shot in electoral race (Nov '12) Nov '12 Single working fe... 2
News Glendora Patch 2012 Election Guide (Nov '12) Nov '12 LowIncomeHousing4... 1
News Who's Getting The American Conservative 's Votes? (Oct '12) Oct '12 JDC 1
More from around the web