Obama faces off with GOP

Obama faces off with GOP

There are 45 comments on the The Reporter story from Jan 30, 2010, titled Obama faces off with GOP. In it, The Reporter reports that:

In a remarkably sharp face-to-face confrontation, President Barack Obama chastised Republican lawmakers Friday for opposing him on taxes, health care and the economic stimulus, while they accused him in turn of brushing off their ideas and driving up the national debt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Robert

Lafayette, CA

#1 Jan 30, 2010
Gees! Like letting the "fox" into the hen house! On the surface it looks proper, but the man-boy has an egregious track record.

For those of you in Elmira, that means that he can't be trusted.
Politically Incorrect

Placerville, CA

#2 Jan 30, 2010
The President cannot get enough support from the Democrats, even though they have the majority in both houses of Congress, so now he is trying to get support of the Republicans. He wants to blame the Republicans if he is not able to get his agenda approved. This is a poor strategy since the President's agenda does not have the support of the majority of the citizens. Blaming the past administration of Bush no longer works, so he is now blaming the current minority party.
Al Reine

United States

#3 Jan 30, 2010
The Obama olive branch is nothing more then a : Broken Promises, with lies ! ; Do not trust this Obama Man; Read his lips, take away his Speach Writer and Tell All Tricks ! Then you will see the True Obama; A Man with No Clothes or Substance ! A Black Trojan Horse !
GITC

Union City, CA

#4 Jan 30, 2010
Obama sucks.
Hilarious

Vacaville, CA

#5 Jan 30, 2010
Things would be so much better if george w. bush or sara palin were president!! mitt romney in 2012!! you clowns crack me up

Granny in the Crosswalk

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 30, 2010
GITC wrote:
Obama sucks.
So do you.
King Tut

Anchorage, AK

#7 Jan 30, 2010
BIG talk for an inexperienced community organizer!!!!
Akbar the Muslim

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Jan 30, 2010
That was some of the most entertaining television I've seem in a looong time. It's the feeling I got when I did something wrong and Dad came in my room to lecture me.

Very well done Mr. President. This was something the American people needed to see and witness. The obstructionist Republican Party can't hide behind FauxNews anymore. They were inept and not in your league.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#10 Jan 30, 2010
Well, It's about time somebody quit kowtowing to repubs in office. He didn't get into a spat-the spat came to him! He's not going to roll over and put up with the bogus "concerns" of people trying to derail anything he does because it would KILL THEM if he succeeds and proves we don't need them anymore than a fish needs a bicycle.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#11 Jan 31, 2010
Everyone enjoyed watching Hagatha Pelosi behind him. All the leftboys just love her style. Snort.
Bob

San Jose, CA

#12 Jan 31, 2010
I thought that her and Joe were having a blinking contest.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#13 Jan 31, 2010
Bob wrote:
I thought that her and Joe were having a blinking contest.
I think she actually looked better as she's growing that wig out...I mean hair. Doesn't rapid blinking mean the suspect is lying? Or was it that the wind from hIS gREATNESS was blowing their eyelids back?
wise

Commerce, GA

#14 Jan 31, 2010
i've read and reread post 8 and 10. what are they trying to say? it was all greek to me.
wise

Commerce, GA

#15 Jan 31, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she actually looked better as she's growing that wig out...I mean hair. Doesn't rapid blinking mean the suspect is lying? Or was it that the wind from hIS gREATNESS was blowing their eyelids back?
nothing could make that hag look better.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#16 Jan 31, 2010
wise wrote:
i've read and reread post 8 and 10. what are they trying to say? it was all greek to me.
That was that new Sheeple dialect. Very hard to interpret into English.:)
GITC

Houston, TX

#17 Jan 31, 2010
wise wrote:
<quoted text>nothing could make that hag look better.
She's the new Diva of the Democratic party. Represents them well, doesn't she?

Since: Oct 08

none

#18 Jan 31, 2010
Hilarious wrote:
Things would be so much better if george w. bush or sara palin were president!! mitt romney in 2012!! you clowns crack me up
Romney isn't a natural born citizen according to Birther Logic.

Since: Oct 08

none

#19 Jan 31, 2010
Obama wrote:
We’ve got to be careful about what we say about each other sometimes, because it boxes us in ways that makes it difficult for us to work together, because our constituents start believing us. They don’t know sometimes this is just politics what you guys -- or folks on my side do sometimes.
He really said that? HE REALLY SAID THAT LAST LINE?

I want to see what Pelosi's eyes looked like then. I bet she was pissed as hell.
Akbar the Muslim

AOL

#20 Jan 31, 2010
wise wrote:
I thought it was pretty clear what I said. Maybe it's because most of us Libs have graduated high school.

It's interesting that 1 man took on the Republican Politburo and walked out the door the victor. All the talking points from the right sure didn't hold up very well when confronted with logic and truth.

Since: Jan 10

Orlando, FL

#21 Jan 31, 2010
Akbar the Muslim wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was pretty clear what I said. Maybe it's because most of us Libs have graduated high school.
It's interesting that 1 man took on the Republican Politburo and walked out the door the victor. All the talking points from the right sure didn't hold up very well when confronted with logic and truth.
t's a shame that so many Democrats are so quick to fall in love with fairy tales and heroes. Words and actions are different things. If the Bush v. Gore debacle, the Bush years and this Presidency have taught me anything so far it's that, if you base your judgments on reality and results, the Democrats come up short... very, very short.

Democrats are quick to make excuses for their own failures and actions and rely on the never failing boogie man of the Republican party to blame for their troubles. Majority in the Senate? Check! Majority in the House? Check! Charismatic, great communicator, clear headed, grass roots supported Democratic President? Check! A commensurate performance in enacting Progressive policy? Fail! Reforming health care and the financial industry? Fail! Reinstatement of crucial banking and finance regulations? Fail! Investment in infrastructure and public works? Fail! Attacking NSA spying and the Military Commissions Act? Fail!

Surrounding himself with industry hacks and insiders? Check! Letting corporations write the health care bill? Check! Mismanagement of billions and billions of tax dollars given to business that failed to act responsibly? Check! Ending the majority vote for passage of legislation? Check!

Logic and what was that again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tom Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers revisiting requiring those on Medicai... Sun Putins Glock Holster 151
News Republicans can pretend all they want. Health-c... May 26 RiccardoFire 41
News Police obtain amateur video at scene of 15-year... May 21 slick willie expl... 66
News Paul Ryan to Campaign for Handel in Georgia Hou... May 15 Raye111 3
News More May 14 John McQuan 1
News Trump blasts 'super liberal Democrat' in Georgi... May 9 Well Well 67
News Health care vote puts Republicans on hot seat i... May 5 Trump your President 3
More from around the web