GOP budget-cutting beginning in earnest

GOP budget-cutting beginning in earnest

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 7, 2011, titled GOP budget-cutting beginning in earnest. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Republican drive to cut spending, which begins in earnest this week, marks a gamble that the public's hunger for smaller government will trump its appetite for benefits, subsidies and other federal support.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Joe

Mankato, MN

#1 Feb 7, 2011
You have to bring the adults in at some point and take away the no-limit credit card from the children. Yes, the children have succeeded in making a lot of people think the government should pay for everything, but most 4th graders could comprehend the amount of our national dept, and understand that adding 1.5 trillion to it every year probably doens't boad well for their future.
Robert

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Feb 7, 2011
They can save Trillions by defunding Obamacare. All the money to GE and Odumba's buddies, there's another 400 Billion. This is going to be fun!

I love how Chevy spent a ton of our money on really dumb Super Bowl ads - none of which made me was to by a Government Motors car. Worthless, Union run company.
tompoe

Saint Joseph, MN

#3 Feb 7, 2011
Joe wrote:
You have to bring the adults in at some point and take away the no-limit credit card from the children. Yes, the children have succeeded in making a lot of people think the government should pay for everything, but most 4th graders could comprehend the amount of our national dept, and understand that adding 1.5 trillion to it every year probably doens't boad well for their future.
Are these the same folks that demanded Obama sign their $900 billion deficit increasing tax cuts for the wealthy? How old are they? Not sure where the commenter comes up with $1.5 trillion yearly, unless he's talking about Bush's having kept the cost of two invasion/occupations off the books for eight years.

Sounds like the commenter needs remedial schooling at the elementary level.
tompoe

Saint Joseph, MN

#4 Feb 7, 2011
Anyone who thinks repealing our health insurance law will save trillions needs to sober up. The reason it was passed, was because it saves Americans billions of dollars.

Robert comments that unions are somehow bad for America. Let's hope he realizes he is advocating for his country to become just another banana republic. I wonder which corporation he wants our country to be owned by?
Robert

Dallas, TX

#5 Feb 7, 2011
tompoe wrote:
Anyone who thinks repealing our health insurance law will save trillions needs to sober up. The reason it was passed, was because it saves Americans billions of dollars.
Robert comments that unions are somehow bad for America. Let's hope he realizes he is advocating for his country to become just another banana republic. I wonder which corporation he wants our country to be owned by?
Put down the weed and step away. Business are only interested in one thing... Profit. They have zero interest in owning thus debt ridden country that Odumba has given us.

Unions just add to the problem of manipulating laws and lawmakers to give them the upper hand on profitable business. I'm sure you think that bussinesses are there to provide "jobs" and "tax". Typical Liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tom Price Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Fast-Track' Trade Fight Nears Crucial House Vote Jun 9 fatbacksx 9
News Defense budget fight hits House floor May '15 American_Infidel 2
News Fact Check: Gop budgets rely on higher taxes to... Apr '15 truthmongerdotinfo 6
News GOP-controlled House passes budget to erase def... Mar '15 kuda 18
News House passes $3.8 trillion budget Mar '15 Gary 1
News GOP defense hawks, fiscal conservatives battle ... Mar '15 Le Jimbo 22
News Budget spat leaves House GOP leaders facing new... Mar '15 Le Duped 1
More from around the web