Lone GOP Rep. to Vote For Health Reform Says Was "A Decision Of Conscience"

Nov 8, 2009 | Posted by: Iria | Full story: snafu-ed.blogspot.com

The lone GOP House member to vote for the House health insurance reform bill on Saturday night admitted on Sunday that his vote was one of "conscience."

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of185
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BHOsux

Golden, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

He can kiss his next run for office bye bye.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

it's willie jefferson's old district....
"hand-outs-are-us".

his conscience my ass! it was a decision he thinks will get him re-elected. end of story.
Chicago Guy

Winnetka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

I wish we had more people like Joseph Cao in Congress. People who were actually STATESMEN, and not politicians, willing to make tough calls for the good of the country.

I just might donate to his re-election campaign!!
Lance Winslow

Daly City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

A Republican with conscience must be very lonely.
TASKMASTER

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

..Dead Man Walking!!

“Obama tells the right to...”

Since: Jun 07

shhhh... STFU, you lost...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

There are still one or two patriotic people in the imploded republican Party. I was so happy to see Health Care reform receives bipartisan support. Congratulation goes out to Cao, Speaker Pelosi and President Obama. Patriotic Americans won big last night.
News Skeptic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
it's willie jefferson's old district....
"hand-outs-are-us".
his conscience my ass! it was a decision he thinks will get him re-elected. end of story.
It would not surprise me if he switched parties. RINO !!!!!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

He won't be re-elected, but not because of this vote. He won't be re-elected because his district is 85% democrats. The only reason he won is because the Dem (Jefferson) got caught with $90k in his freezer.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

This is the same game Snowe played. The net has a memory, SC23.
Get real

Gordon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

I think SNAFU is Iria's site and she uses Topix to get hits on it.

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

BHOsux wrote:
He might be a lame duck anyway since the district he represents is 64% black.
Get real

Gordon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Chicago Guy wrote:
I wish we had more people like Joseph Cao in Congress. People who were actually STATESMEN, and not politicians, willing to make tough calls for the good of the country.
We do, but your left wing bias keeps you from recognizing them.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

This guys azz is grazz.
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Chicago Guy wrote:
I just might donate to his re-election campaign!!
THe City of New Orlesans population is similar to the southwest side of Chicago, Guy.... Joseph Cao just wanted to keep his job and his vote tags the bill as Bi-Partisan. The House Bill is just a Clown Act to amuse the public and taunt the Senate.

The Senate version will be nothing like the Clown Act version. The Senate is more Responsible and do listen to there constituents.

I agree!! Democrats have always hated Bush Beans and Bush Beer. However democrats have always helped and been on the side of the black folks for years!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Isn't Free Healthcare Beautiful...

Enjoy!

The Bought and Paid For by the Poison Liberalism
Gunner

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

The government health insurance plan included in the House bill is unacceptable to a few Democratic moderates who hold the balance of power in the Senate.

If a government plan is part of the deal, "as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote," said Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut independent whose vote Democrats need to overcome GOP filibusters.

"The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively.

DOA - LOL

Go ahead leftists, enjoy your "victory".
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
He might be a lame duck anyway since the district he represents is 64% black.
That my Point... 64% black
republicans r stupid

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

BHOsux wrote:
Not if he, like many other representatives, have a great deal of constituents who are uninsured.
Gunner

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Marine Corp Pat wrote:
There are still one or two patriotic people in the imploded republican Party. I was so happy to see Health Care reform receives bipartisan support. Congratulation goes out to Cao, Speaker Pelosi and President Obama. Patriotic Americans won big last night.
And you must have limited your acceptance of facts to "last night".

House health care bill has nowhere to go in Senate

By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP)-- The glow from a health care triumph faded quickly for President Barack Obama on Sunday as Democrats realized the bill they fought so hard to pass in the House has nowhere to go in the Senate.
MarineGordedPat

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

This guy is a BIGOT RETARD and needs to be on the People's Gov.Health Care Plan, not the Good Politician plan.
republicans r stupid

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
The government health insurance plan included in the House bill is unacceptable to a few Democratic moderates who hold the balance of power in the Senate.
If a government plan is part of the deal, "as a matter of conscience, I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote," said Sen. Joe Lieberman, the Connecticut independent whose vote Democrats need to overcome GOP filibusters.
"The House bill is dead on arrival in the Senate," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said dismissively.
DOA - LOL
Go ahead leftists, enjoy your "victory".
You start out with lies about a "government run" system and end up with a neener neener? Is there any reason why republicans only have 20% of the voters backing them anymore?

IF you people would educate yourselves and FIND out the truth, you'd certainly do more for advancing this nation to greatness than the lies you have believed from the republicans which tore this nation down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of185
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••