Grassley, Latham call for state and f...

Grassley, Latham call for state and federal cooperation in chil...

There are 4 comments on the Iowa Independent story from Aug 21, 2008, titled Grassley, Latham call for state and federal cooperation in chil.... In it, Iowa Independent reports that:

Two federally elected Republicans have made a written plea to the Iowa Attorney General's office for "expedited consideration" of the alleged 57 child labor violations at a Postville kosher meatpacking plant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Iowa Independent.

True

Lincoln, NE

#1 Aug 21, 2008
How many more months will Chertoff be in office? One is way too much. Put Sheriff Joe in the next 4 years. He's the only one I know of who'll take the job seriously and handle the problems under the law(s.)
Joel Wischkaemper

Staunton, VA

#2 Aug 21, 2008
Sheriff Joe took a look a the crime rate in that community, and did the right thing. His apponents took a look at all the votes in the illegal alien community, and did the wrong thing.

I hope he makes it.
skj

Tucson, AZ

#3 Aug 21, 2008
Our Am. workers got to work 2 weeks before they were sent home and replaced by green carders! Back to title 19 or no work! My factory at least gave me the 60 days!! We need to look into H-B1 visa and the NIH!!! Grassley is at them!! This place needs to become American!!
CorrectIt

Englewood, CO

#4 Aug 22, 2008
skj wrote:
Our Am. workers got to work 2 weeks before they were sent home and replaced by green carders! Back to title 19 or no work! My factory at least gave me the 60 days!! We need to look into H-B1 visa and the NIH!!! Grassley is at them!! This place needs to become American!!
Do you have any documentation as to this claim? Were you one of them and if so contact the appropriate agency.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tom Latham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chuck Grassley: The Iowa GOP's savior? (Sep '14) Sep '14 bottlecap 1
News N.Y. governor abandons driver's licenses for il... (Nov '07) Sep '14 kevin 3
News Cruz Spokeswoman Says Israel Speech Fair Game a... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Asian Guy 5
News GOP Senate primary points may haunt party in fall (May '14) May '14 Rick Moss 2
News Boehner, Pelosi losing their right-hand men wit... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Cat74 5
News Rep. Latham Is Latest Lawmaker to Say He Won't ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 liberals are heros 1
News US Rep. Tom Latham won't seek re-election in 2014 (Dec '13) Dec '13 radiofreeamerica 1
More from around the web