Akin Intimates That Women Fake Rape t...

Akin Intimates That Women Fake Rape to Get Abortions

There are 6 comments on the Pam's House Blend story from Aug 22, 2012, titled Akin Intimates That Women Fake Rape to Get Abortions. In it, Pam's House Blend reports that:

Peterr noted some of the developments in the Todd Akin story. The deadline for easily withdrawing from the Missouri Senate race has come and gone, and Akin remains "in it to win it," defying even a call by the presumptive Vice-Presidential nominee , Paul Ryan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pam's House Blend.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 22, 2012
Finally, someone calls Akin on his true intentions, vis a vis his absurd comments. OF COURSE he's intimating that women fake rape, and some women do - but this cagey sacrificial lamb has made the oblique accusation towards ALL women who report rape, by attributing to the female reproductive organs the ability to defend against it absent the woman's mental input.

Akin is trying to make the case that rape is completely subjective, and therefore not always a crime.

Diabolical...
eat the weak

Woodford Green, UK

#2 Aug 26, 2012
But she was chewing the carpet for it wearing that skirt!!.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Aug 26, 2012
The far right is out of there minds.....THEY ALL SHOULD BE ROUNDED UP AND DEPORTED....
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#4 Aug 26, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
Finally, someone calls Akin on his true intentions, vis a vis his absurd comments. OF COURSE he's intimating that women fake rape, and some women do - but this cagey sacrificial lamb has made the oblique accusation towards ALL women who report rape, by attributing to the female reproductive organs the ability to defend against it absent the woman's mental input.
Akin is trying to make the case that rape is completely subjective, and therefore not always a crime.
Diabolical...
Yours is an absurdly exaggerated claim against anything the man has said. You admit yourself some women falsely claim rape. This doesn't imply anything about "all" women. It implies only that some women falsely claim rape. In some cultures women are judged and cursed and killed because they didn't resist rape unto death. We find Democrats constantly "obliquely" supporting those cultures by undermining every US effort to interdict to the benefit of women, Democrats claiming to be "anti-war", etc. A strong case can be made about the insanity of such hidden support of rape in other cultures by Democrats, than against the actual intent of Akin.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#5 Aug 26, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
The far right is out of there minds.....THEY ALL SHOULD BE ROUNDED UP AND DEPORTED....
Let be nice

I recommend medication ,
A little benign confinement
shock therapy......
I bet some of them can be cured
The Rush and Beck gang will probably
Like the medication and the shock therapy

If you remember "One Flew Over the Coockoo's Nest"
A lobotomy did wonders for Jack Nicholson

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Aug 26, 2012
3OHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is an absurdly exaggerated claim against anything the man has said. You admit yourself some women falsely claim rape. This doesn't imply anything about "all" women. It implies only that some women falsely claim rape. In some cultures women are judged and cursed and killed because they didn't resist rape unto death. We find Democrats constantly "obliquely" supporting those cultures by undermining every US effort to interdict to the benefit of women, Democrats claiming to be "anti-war", etc. A strong case can be made about the insanity of such hidden support of rape in other cultures by Democrats, than against the actual intent of Akin.
My statement 'implied' nothing - Akin's did. He implied, by his 'shut the whole thing down' idiocy, that rape does not result in pregnancy, thereby implying that women who get pregnant during an assault, were lying about there being an assault in the first place.

Bringing up the horrible behavior common in other countries, does not deflect from this, much as you apparently hoped it would.

(Nice try.)

Are you saying that women here benefit in some way from war being declared (by American Republicans) on countries where the culture includes the killing of rape victims?

If so, that's a patently ridiculous assertion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Akin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America Has a Rape Problem - and Kate Harding W... (Sep '15) Oct '16 Mike 2
News Missouri Senate race not strange this time, jus... Oct '16 Fundie Sniffling 1
News Shameless NBC Uses Murder by Illegal Immigrant ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Conservative Islam 32
News Oh God! The lord's my sex guru: Pious perverts,... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Here Is Your Sign 1
News Republican leaders worry that Donald Trump is d... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Cat74 61
News Josh Duggar and Caitlin Jenner? Seriously? (Jun '15) Jun '15 Tazo 4
News It's Sheryl Crow vs. Duggars in Mo. (Oct '12) May '15 Tazo 42
More from around the web