Defense Bill Includes Broadened Versi...

Defense Bill Includes Broadened Version of Todd Akin's Anti-Gay Provision

There are 3 comments on the Mother Jones story from Dec 20, 2012, titled Defense Bill Includes Broadened Version of Todd Akin's Anti-Gay Provision. In it, Mother Jones reports that:

A defense spending bill set to become law contains a provision that could allow discrimination against gay and lesbian servicemembers and other minorities in the military, legal experts warned Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mother Jones.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Mother Jones obviously never served in the military, or they wouldn't be claiming the sky is falling.

This bill essentially changes NOTHING regarding military policy; it simply restates current policy.

Servicemembers are free to think & believe whatever they want, but if their actions based on those beliefs affect good order & discipline, then action can & will be taken.

No one is going to be discriminated against because of this "new" policy, anymore than they currently can be discriminated against.

The most significant change to military policy will occur when DOMA is finally overturned. Then the military will have to treat ALL married servicemembers the same.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 20, 2012
I think the people in the military are less likely to discriminate than the senator.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Contact your Reps and Senators to block this ... NOW !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Akin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Republican 'stages armed coup' at Tea Party org... (Dec '12) Thu C Kersey 34
News America Has a Rape Problem - and Kate Harding W... (Sep '15) Oct '16 Mike 2
News Missouri Senate race not strange this time, jus... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Fundie Sniffling 1
News Shameless NBC Uses Murder by Illegal Immigrant ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Conservative Islam 32
News Oh God! The lord's my sex guru: Pious perverts,... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Here Is Your Sign 1
News Republican leaders worry that Donald Trump is d... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Cat74 61
News Josh Duggar and Caitlin Jenner? Seriously? (Jun '15) Jun '15 Tazo 4
More from around the web