Homeland Security training TSA workers to save themselves in shooting

Jan 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Times

Transportation Security Administration checkpoint screeners are receiving training to prepare them for the possibility of a mass shooting at one of the agency's airport checkpoints, and those TSA personnel are being instructed to "save themselves" should a shooting occur.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Feb 27, 2013

Since: May 08

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

A "security" agency being trained in self preservation in the event of attack... WTF... Have you even read something that is so stupid you are at a loss as to where to begin?... I did...
AvidFlyer

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

All goverment agents that carry a gun should know this already, they don't pay them enought to be bullet catchers! I agree they should proteat themselves thier disability pay is nothing compared to pain for the rest of thier life! This seperates the heros from the rest of the chaff, thats why we still need our own guns!

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

AvidFlyer wrote:
All goverment agents that carry a gun should know this already, they don't pay them enought to be bullet catchers! I agree they should proteat themselves thier disability pay is nothing compared to pain for the rest of thier life! This seperates the heros from the rest of the chaff, thats why we still need our own guns!
I am very much on the side of if I'm armed you won't have the balls to try to rob me etc. I also know the mentality of the TSA. Federal Security so I'm in charge wrong or not... The thought of those people being armed scares me. I guess it's not out of the realm of possability, but I don't see an airport checkpoint being the OK Corral, or being the target of an armed assault. There is a better chance that a terrorists rectally concealed bomb prematurely detonates. There is no escape from that that isn't luck.
Jaime Perez

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

AvidFlyer wrote:
All goverment agents that carry a gun should know this!
TSA airport screeners do not carry a gun. They aren't law enforcement officers.

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Jaime Perez wrote:
<quoted text>TSA airport screeners do not carry a gun. They aren't law enforcement officers.
I hope they never do. They are goverment employees, and federal security officers which does make them superior. Just ask one
OldCapt

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps the TSA management should be reflect on WHY someone would want to shoot the whole lot of them. They are a Nazi-like bureaucracy which is so enamored of it's power that it has lost sight of it's original mission, which was to make us safer, NOT to trample the rights and self-respect of law abiding patriotic American travelers.

I routinely fly through SFO where the TSA duties have been assumed by a private contractor. Not only are these people more pleasant but they do a better job than most TSA stations at spotting REAL threats. Best of all, they screen 65% more passengers per employee than the government officers. Gosh, what a surprise!
OldCapt

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

OOPS, remove "be" from first sentence.

Santee CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

OldCapt wrote:
Perhaps the TSA management should be reflect on WHY someone would want to shoot the whole lot of them. They are a Nazi-like bureaucracy which is so enamored of it's power that it has lost sight of it's original mission, which was to make us safer, NOT to trample the rights and self-respect of law abiding patriotic American travelers.
I routinely fly through SFO where the TSA duties have been assumed by a private contractor. Not only are these people more pleasant but they do a better job than most TSA stations at spotting REAL threats. Best of all, they screen 65% more passengers per employee than the government officers. Gosh, what a surprise!
I agree.. They rely on the hi tech toys they were given.. Give a pre 9-11 security team this and todays TSA would lose the contest.. to the critics, box cutters were allowed to be carried on at the time. You may have seen it a pilot, and I for sure have seen it as a ramp worker. Without breaching some sort of security secret, have you noticed how many of them it takes to do certain jobs.. Hence the names Thousands Standing (or Strolling) Around.
Anonymous

Dhaka, Bangladesh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Thanks for this information
Sheik Yerbouti

Chalfont, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

I'm sure their searches of 3 year olds and senior citizens will discover several threats! NOT!! TSA is a total waste of taxpayer resources! They have been caught stealing and harassing the disabled. Whats next?
Patrick

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

tsa is just basic security, they have real LEO'S at every check point with guns! They get paid/trained to put their lives on the line, TSA get paid to make sure u dont carry gun/bombs on the plane period.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••