Voters weighing in with lawmakers ove...

Voters weighing in with lawmakers over debt issue

There are 32 comments on the The Modesto Bee story from Jul 17, 2011, titled Voters weighing in with lawmakers over debt issue. In it, The Modesto Bee reports that:

For Rep. Tim Scott the debt ceiling is not only the top issue voters in his South Carolina district want to talk about these days, it seems to be the only issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Modesto Bee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fine Americans

Melbourne, FL

#24 Jul 18, 2011
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>While most,if not all of the liberal democrats will disagree with you,I agree 100% and so does the rest of the hard working taxpayers.It is way pass time to cut 80% of the vote"buying" entitlemt programs that the dems love so much.You would think that after 5 generations of lazy freeloaders living off the goverment teat the libs would wake up to the fact their handouts make things worst.Just saying.
It is my belief that if you are on welfare or other social aid programs you should not be allowed to vote. If you want a say in government you need to participate in society, not sponge off those that do.
LOL

Tampa, FL

#25 Jul 18, 2011
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
By the next elecion cycle here is what the American people will remember after the GOP/TEA Birthers took over the house.
1) They shifted focus from jobs and the economy to defending DOMA.
2) They almost pushed us into a government shutdown.
3) They almost pushed us into a credit downgrade.
4) They fought to kill medicare and medicaid
5) But they sure fought vehemently for those top 1% wealthy people.
All at the expense of the economy and the middle and working class.
President Obama and Nancy Pelosi make over $250K a year and even they know the sacrifices they have to make. When will the GOP/TEA Birthers pay down THEIR debt?
==========
The right HAS become deranged.
==========
Vote for Term Limits for Congress!
==========
==========
you forgot to add.....as you normally do.....

it's all Bush's fault.....

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#26 Jul 18, 2011
Fine Americans wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my belief that if you are on welfare or other social aid programs you should not be allowed to vote. If you want a say in government you need to participate in society, not sponge off those that do.
We can only hope that someday that will happen.Just saying.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#28 Jul 18, 2011
frankhou77 wrote:
The lengths the republicans will go to protect the wealthy.
This has hurt the Republican's chances in 2012.
The lengths Commiecrats will go to protect the wealthy:

They force Americans to purchase health insurance through an unconstitutional bill, yet give over 1,400 waivers to corporations.

The bill, and Commiecrat favoritism, has killed any chance for Commiecrats in 2012.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#29 Jul 18, 2011
Responsibility wrote:
Carey, I hope Grover Norquist or one of his arm-twisting comrades starts a new pledge where everyone signs it and promises NOT to whine when the debt default is in place.
If the default comes it is Obama's fault. He blew the 4.5 trillion cushion and gave it to unions and broken programs like his ObamaSxare.
Storm Dancer

Seattle, WA

#30 Jul 18, 2011
Storm Dancer wrote:
obama threatning social security, disability, and Vet pay
YET:
http://www.aim.org/guest-column/president-don...
President Donates ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS to the United Nations!!!
WTF is Wrong with him!!??
The U. S. State Department yesterday announced that the Obama Administration has agreed to contribute $4 billion to the United Nations Global Fund to fight AIDs, Tuberculosis, and Malaria from 2011 to 2013.
The $4 billion represents a 38% increase over the previous U.S. commitment to the fund.
bump

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#31 Jul 18, 2011
Now that the non taxpayers outnumber and outvote the taxpayers, bad things are gonna happen fast.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#32 Jul 18, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
Now that the non taxpayers outnumber and outvote the taxpayers, bad things are gonna happen fast.
Stock up my friend because it isn't going to get any better soon if we keep going down the path this White House has it's way.Is Obama that stupid not to see what he and his thugs are doing to this country or is it just what he and Soros want?Just asking.

Paris

#33 Jul 18, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
Yep, Odoodle thinks that just because there are still checks in the check book, that there is still money in the bank.

Paris

#35 Jul 19, 2011
inbred Genius wrote:
There is hope.......

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -18

“Operation GTFO Advocate”

Since: Jul 11

Kenyan-Bound Commie Blubber

#36 Jul 19, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>There is hope.......
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -18
I'd like to see a poll between the 53% of tax filers who pay fed income tax and the 47% of filers who don't.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#37 Jul 19, 2011
Wartime III wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see a poll between the 53% of tax filers who pay fed income tax and the 47% of filers who don't.
Me too...my guess is, those 47% that don't pay, don't plan to ever pay, and will continue to vote for the party that promises them more free stuff....guess which party that is, it starts with a D.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Tim Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate fl... Aug 30 Zionist liberal 20
News 13 candidates (so far) file for 1st District (Jan '13) Aug 13 Wacko Wacker 4
News 9 dead in 'hate crime' shooting at S.C. church Jul '15 shazbotbaru0 456
News Florida governor orders Guard recruiters to wor... Jul '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News SC lawmakers agree to debate removing Confedera... Jul '15 rebel111 12
News Editorial: Not time to hedge on Confederate fla... Jul '15 Ecossais 2
News US Capitol's Confederate statues prompt renewed... Jul '15 Adolph lives 130
More from around the web