Voters weighing in with lawmakers ove...

Voters weighing in with lawmakers over debt issue

There are 32 comments on the The Modesto Bee story from Jul 17, 2011, titled Voters weighing in with lawmakers over debt issue. In it, The Modesto Bee reports that:

For Rep. Tim Scott the debt ceiling is not only the top issue voters in his South Carolina district want to talk about these days, it seems to be the only issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Modesto Bee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#1 Jul 17, 2011
love the democrat scare tactics...
"if the debt ceiling isn't raised, no more social security checks"!
IS BULLS#IT!
and SHAME on the media for NOT exposing that lie!

the ONLY way social security won't get paid (along with the military AND the debt interest) is if obama SAYS don't pay it!
there is more than enough money to keep ALL vital programs, entitlements and defense funded.
you're car loan interest, or mortgage interest WON'T go up
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#2 Jul 17, 2011
Carey, I hope Grover Norquist or one of his arm-twisting comrades starts a new pledge where everyone signs it and promises NOT to whine when the debt default is in place.

Wartime III

“Operation GTFO Advocate”

Since: Jul 11

Kenyan-Bound Commie Blubber

#3 Jul 17, 2011
Rep. Joe Walsh to Obama: Quit Lying

Asking the communist-bred, communist-raised, communist-mentored, lifelong communist-associating kenyan subversive fraud to "quit lying".....is like asking liberals and progressives to stop hating America and renounce their whacked anti-American indoctrination.

Not gonna happen.
________

The deportation boats depart for Kenyan in 2012.

Wartime III

#4 Jul 17, 2011
Responsibility wrote:
Carey, I hope Grover Norquist or one of his arm-twisting comrades starts a new pledge where everyone signs it and promises NOT to whine when the debt default is in place.
Do you also hope Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and Maxine Waters go to jail?

How about Eric Holder? Barry Obama? Diane Feinstein? Charlie Rangel? Nancy Pelosi? Harry Reid?

Oh wait, you love those traitorous corrupt scumbags.

Since: Sep 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL.

#5 Jul 17, 2011
The lengths the republicans will go to protect the wealthy.

This has hurt the Republican's chances in 2012.
He he he

Bradenton, FL

#6 Jul 17, 2011
He he he...

voters can "weigh in" all they want to......

lawmakers don't give a $hit......

If they gave a $hit they would have listened to voters long before this....

voters have no bearing on what lawmakers do or don't do.....
btw subst__intel

Acworth, GA

#7 Jul 17, 2011
some cons out there like in orlando fla are really the bottom of the barrel as in not allowing to feed the homeless. if people weren't chit scared over starvation, maybe we could have a rational discussion. the saints that fed us now have criminal records! so how are they going to find work! I just can't believe how low some of this republican jew scum will go.
Ex-GOP Con

United States

#8 Jul 17, 2011
By the next elecion cycle here is what the American people will remember after the GOP/TEA Birthers took over the house.

1) They shifted focus from jobs and the economy to defending DOMA.

2) They almost pushed us into a government shutdown.

3) They almost pushed us into a credit downgrade.

4) They fought to kill medicare and medicaid

5) But they sure fought vehemently for those top 1% wealthy people.

All at the expense of the economy and the middle and working class.

President Obama and Nancy Pelosi make over $250K a year and even they know the sacrifices they have to make. When will the GOP/TEA Birthers pay down THEIR debt?

==========
The right HAS become deranged.
==========
Vote for Term Limits for Congress!
==========
==========
Ryne

Cleveland, TN

#10 Jul 17, 2011
I oppose the GOP, but I have to disagree with you EX-GOP...neither party has good solutions to our budget problems...even though the Democrats are better than the Republicans in my opinion.
Lance Winslow

Castro Valley, CA

#11 Jul 17, 2011
frankhou77 wrote:
Funny thing is, it's going to cost them $billions, tank the stock market, send the dollar index under 50...and the only ones to be pleased will be teabaggers who are only concerned about their next six pack and NASCAR event.
Storm Dancer

Seattle, WA

#12 Jul 17, 2011
obama threatning social security, disability, and Vet pay
YET:

http://www.aim.org/guest-column/president-don...

President Donates ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS to the United Nations!!!
WTF is Wrong with him!!??
The U. S. State Department yesterday announced that the Obama Administration has agreed to contribute $4 billion to the United Nations Global Fund to fight AIDs, Tuberculosis, and Malaria from 2011 to 2013.

The $4 billion represents a 38% increase over the previous U.S. commitment to the fund.
btw subst__intel

Acworth, GA

#13 Jul 17, 2011
actually I heard that if the debt were transferred to the corporations who incurred the debt it would be no problem at all for americans. unfortunately no one blinked in 96 when corporate personhood was announced in the nyt.
Storm Dancer

Seattle, WA

#14 Jul 17, 2011
frankhou77 wrote:
wake the he!! UP
republicans indeed!!
Storm Dancer

Seattle, WA

#15 Jul 17, 2011
btw subst__intel wrote:
some cons out there like in orlando fla are really the bottom of the barrel as in not allowing to feed the homeless. if people weren't chit scared over starvation, maybe we could have a rational discussion. the saints that fed us now have criminal records! so how are they going to find work! I just can't believe how low some of this republican jew scum will go.
troll
true

Nathalie, VA

#17 Jul 17, 2011
Dear 545 or so in office, I dont owe you idiots a damnnn dime go fckyourselfs
Cranky Old Man

United States

#18 Jul 17, 2011
The communists complain that the rich are not taxed enough and it is unfair to the majority. No bigger lie was ever told by Obama and the present crop of unresponsible representatives in Washington. If such is true, then the wealthy and corporations which provide much of the employment would not be paying more than 80 per cent of the nation's revenue. Inflation, unemployment, rising taxation , and higher prices are all related in the economy and any nation that does not stop inflation just because it painful is essentially admiting their country is bankrupt. The Obama administration can not continue pretending that there will always be more money, and unlimited debt and spending can continue forever. To control the wild and crazy economy and have any chance at all to improve it will mean dramatic spending cuts, stop the printing of unlimited amounts of money, stop increasing the national debt incurred from foreign loans from China which just paying the interest on will be a burden forever, and stop the rediculous spending on every social welfare program some incompetant liberal politician can imagine. If it is not done now, the problems can only escalate and erode the freedoms and what good times all Americans may have left to them.

Wartime III

#19 Jul 18, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing is, it's going to cost them $billions, tank the stock market, send the dollar index under 50...and the only ones to be pleased will be teabaggers who are only concerned about their next six pack and NASCAR event.
You forgot to mention priority #1....deporting the likes of you and every other progressive communist.
serfs up

Plano, TX

#21 Jul 18, 2011
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing is, it's going to cost them $billions, tank the stock market, send the dollar index under 50...and the only ones to be pleased will be teabaggers who are only concerned about their next six pack and NASCAR event.
Damn Lance, after watching massive tax increases living in cities and still seeing the slums stay the same and even expanding, I can't figure it out. In every neighborhood that changed, it was the same....robberies, murders, assaults, rapes, muggings, well you get it. So lets hear it for a 40 ouncer, some crack cocaine and a 2 a.m. pick up basketball game. And as an added bonus....the plethora of unwed and single parents approaching 80%. The cuts are coming. And it won't be nice.
Fine Americans

Satellite Beach, FL

#22 Jul 18, 2011
btw subst__intel wrote:
Screw the homeless. As a taxpayer I for one am tired of carrying the lazy shiftless masses. Let them starve. It would be cheaper in the long run to sweep the dead bodies off the street than it would be to carry these people for life. The takers in this country need to be cut off and fend for themselves like the rest of us.

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#23 Jul 18, 2011
Fine Americans wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw the homeless. As a taxpayer I for one am tired of carrying the lazy shiftless masses. Let them starve. It would be cheaper in the long run to sweep the dead bodies off the street than it would be to carry these people for life. The takers in this country need to be cut off and fend for themselves like the rest of us.
While most,if not all of the liberal democrats will disagree with you,I agree 100% and so does the rest of the hard working taxpayers.It is way pass time to cut 80% of the vote"buying" entitlemt programs that the dems love so much.You would think that after 5 generations of lazy freeloaders living off the goverment teat the libs would wake up to the fact their handouts make things worst.Just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Tim Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Va. man caught in sting trying to join IS gets ... Jul '16 Captain Yesterday 6
News GOP leaders: Whites unaware of challenges facin... Jul '16 Fed up 3
News News Senator's speech on race stirs recollectio... Jul '16 Cordwainer Trout 9
News Thomas: Clinton isn't right woman to be our fir... Jul '16 trump fan 27
News 84 dead, 202 hurt as truck hits Bastille Day cr... Jul '16 Jeff Brightone 1
News Black senator describes facing unfair scrutiny ... Jul '16 Go Blue Forever 8
News Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate fl... (Jun '15) Jun '16 Jake Steed 29
More from around the web