Ex-Con Traficant To Run Again | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS 21
A former congressman from northeast Ohio wants to make a political comeback after serving seven years in prison for corruption. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 10

San Francisco, CA

#1 May 3, 2010
Maybe, just maybe, he learned his lesson. Sometimes, a person does deserve a second chance depending on the crime they were convicted of.

“Defecting to Mexico”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 May 3, 2010
68 years old? What's the point?
how stupid

Columbus, OH

#4 May 3, 2010
you know ohioians are so stupid they will re-elect him.someone has there pocket ready for when he wins
Marysville

Marysville, OH

#5 May 3, 2010
Regarding the previous post of,'Ohioans are so stupid,...' if they re-elect Traficant and another for us to,'go hide under a rock',...

In pure honesty,... the majority of us are under a rock. Traficant was targeted. Thus, caught. Do either of you honestly think you are more intelligent than those who are currently milking the system and knowing the how-to's that we don't know about? Traficant's only crime that made him a target unlike the majority,... was that he made powerful enemies. He had integrity on many issues. Even if they weren't politically popular. Things vanished in his prosecution defense. Some odd things happened there.

Do I think anyone out here with time to gossip out here has more intelligence than those elected in power? I don't even need to answer that. However, a mere few of you think you know the game. Yet you haven't even been introduced to the rules yet.

Personally, I liked his antics he brought to issues. That's the only reason one news agency picked him up. Instead of being the only news agency in Ohio that didn't pick him up on their radar. His antics made him. His knowledge broke him. Favoritism for personal gain in politics? C'mon guys / gals. We sadly assume most politicians do that. At least the ones we disagree with. But never considered with politicians we agree with this week.(Weird how that is huh?)

Would I vote for him? I would have to see his current take on things. Would being an ex-con be an issue for me? If he admitted to things he did and did his time, then no I don't care. Considering what he was 'convicted of',... i'd say many tongues were tied during his prosecution. He did very little time for a reason. I'm quite certain we all have neighbors and 'buddies' at work that we had no idea were an ex-con. It's not really who a person is anymore. As a society we has assumed they are rehabilitated. If no law on the books denies him a right to start over, then I feel he has that right.

But yeah,... i'm under a rock and a stupid Ohioan for considering the best candidate. At least I know Traficant's past political fate. If he's the best we have to step up,... then he will get my vote. I really wonder about some of you posting out here. Like you're supremacists of some sort to humanity. Just odd how the internet allows that.

Let's see who's running and their credentials by the deadline. At least the ones we know about. Then I will decide. That's the intelligent approach.

Those are my opinions. Now I welcome yours.

Regards,
Marysville

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 May 3, 2010
Traficant wants to get rid of the 16th amendment, which prtovides for the federal government to collect income tax. Surely there are some right wing mouth breathers who would embrace that idea.
Sick and Tired

Columbus, OH

#7 May 3, 2010
Bryan wrote:
loser! go back to the rock you've been hiding under because we do not need some former 9 time clown in office for anything except maybe chief poop scooper!
You retarded miscreant. Shut up.

Jim Traficant is a whistleblower who got railroaded on false charges. This was due to his exposure of government corruption, and his willingness to go head to head with the banksters in Congress.

Keep fighting the good fight Jim! Good luck!
Sick and Tired

Columbus, OH

#8 May 3, 2010
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Traficant wants to get rid of the 16th amendment, which prtovides for the federal government to collect income tax. Surely there are some right wing mouth breathers who would embrace that idea.
You suck. Please die soon.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 May 3, 2010
Sick and Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
You suck. Please die soon.
After I bury you, cretin.
MikeFrog

Akron, OH

#10 May 3, 2010
If you vote for this FOOL you deserve what you geT! Another IDIOT in government..
Your Choice. Not mine!
Bennie and the Jets

Cleveland, OH

#11 May 4, 2010
Beam me up, Scotty!!

Good luck, Jim!!!
sanwag

North Ridgeville, OH

#12 May 4, 2010
O K children, if you don't have something constructive to then don't say anything.
TruthSpeaker

Columbus, OH

#13 May 4, 2010
What is the difference whether he wins a seat or not? Congress won't change just because he returns or loses the election. My question is why congress does what they want, and not what the people tell them to do. Thought it was for the People by the People...
SawThatComing

Columbus, OH

#14 May 4, 2010
Trumbull County - those people are dumb enough to vote for him. That area has been failing economically my entire adult life. They might as well send Bozo the Clown to represent them - its not like they have an economy future.
rce

Columbus, OH

#15 May 4, 2010
They are all criminals top to bottom. He will not be an outcast in any way.
Why

Columbus, OH

#16 May 4, 2010
No more so than California to re-elect Arnold. Why - because he was a good actor and not so good at that; just had muscles.
how stupid wrote:
you know ohioians are so stupid they will re-elect him.someone has there pocket ready for when he wins
Truth in Advertising

Frankfort, KY

#17 May 4, 2010
Why are convicted felons allowed to run for public office in the first place?
George w bush

Columbus, OH

#18 May 4, 2010
Truth in Advertising wrote:
Why are convicted felons allowed to run for public office in the first place?
Because me and my daddie said they can.
Barack Bushbama

Saint Joe, IN

#19 May 4, 2010
George w bush wrote:
<quoted text>Because me and my daddie said they can.
I'm in charge now.
Traficant was targeted

Hilliard, OH

#21 May 4, 2010
I love it. There seem to be a few people posting here from the Traficant party.
ARE YOU FOR REAL

Columbus, OH

#22 May 17, 2010
IS THERE NO LAWS ABOUT CONVICTED FELONS RUNNING FOR CONGRESS?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tim Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to seek GOP help in pushing through trade... Dec 29 Mothra 48
Six-time incumbent challenged by two hopefuls i... Nov '14 Delbert Grady 1
Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger has a... Oct '14 Cat74 9
Pennsylvania lawmaker who fired on mugger ... Oct '14 Bama Yankee 4
Lawmaker in shootout with robber near Pennsylva... Oct '14 Bama Yankee 1
Democrats find living on minimum wage is tough (Jul '14) Aug '14 Anonymous of Indy 493
US Rep. Ryan Foe Kaleka Used Medical Marijuana (Mar '14) Jun '14 laffstar 10
More from around the web